News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

What finish is on the cig lighter back plate?

Started by Spartan, October 30, 2005, 01:15:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Spartan

Mine has gotten a little cruddy and rusty.   I am guessing I will have to blast it and either repaint it or recoat it.   Is it some kind of coating on this?   I know it is steel and not aluminum so its not anodize.

THanks.
Over?! its not over until we say it is! Was it over when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor?!...Hell no! and its not over now!..(Germans? Pearl Harbor?...shut up, he's on a roll)

HeavyFuel

I just looked at mine, and I don't think it has any kind of "finish" on it.  All of the metal that ash tray and cig lighter looks like it made of the same semi-shiney metal, with a natural look to it.

69RTSE

The ash tray and receptacle was plated in silver zinc!

Spartan

Ah, cool.  The old junk isn't coming off with steel wool very well, I knew it wasn't bare metal.  I will see if I can find someone who does that.

Thanks
Over?! its not over until we say it is! Was it over when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor?!...Hell no! and its not over now!..(Germans? Pearl Harbor?...shut up, he's on a roll)