News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Anyone want a 7ft tall artifical Christmas tree? Wife says I'm nuts?

Started by 1969chargerrtse, November 27, 2008, 04:10:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

1969chargerrtse

My older brother gave us one of these fold out trees with lights wired in the tree.  We have been using this 7ft  tree I bought about 4 years ago and is in like new condition.  It cost over 100.00 easy and I'm not throwing it out.  It's in it's box in the attic ready go.  My wife says no one wants a put together tree, and I disagree.  Maybe I am nuts?  Anyone live near New haven Ct or wants to come up (an see my car  :laugh: ) to Bethany CT to pick it up?  Know of anyone that needs a nice artificial tree?  First to PM gets it, if no one is interested I'll find it a home somewhere, but I ain't chucking it. :rotz:
This car was sold many years ago to somebody in Wisconsin. I now am retired and living in Florida.

mikepmcs

if i celebrated holidays, i would only have an artificial tree myself.  i've seen what pine does to cars around here, i'll be damned if a tree is going to sh#$ on my floor.
Life isn't Father Knows Best anymore, it's a kick in the face on a saturday night with a steel toed grip kodiak work boot and a trip to the hospital all bloodied and bashed.....for reconstructive surgery. But, what doesn't kill us, makes us stronger, right?

1969chargerrtse

Quote from: mikepmcs on November 27, 2008, 04:54:30 PM
if i celebrated holidays, i would only have an artificial tree myself.  i've seen what pine does to cars around here, i'll be damned if a tree is going to sh#$ on my floor.

Things are great, pay for theselves with in a year or two. Dismantle, back in the attic.  No regrets.
This car was sold many years ago to somebody in Wisconsin. I now am retired and living in Florida.

Drache

Quote from: 1969chargerrtse on November 27, 2008, 05:41:48 PM
Quote from: mikepmcs on November 27, 2008, 04:54:30 PM

Things are great, pay for theselves with in a year or two. Dismantle, back in the attic.  No regrets.

No Mess....
Dart
Racing
Ass
Chasing
Hellion
Extraordinaire

bull

We've had a fake tree for the past 5-6 years and I like it. You can't tell it's fake other than the lack of pine scent but I could always spray it down with some Pine Sol I guess. ;D

The only thing I didn't like about it was the prelit business quit working and no matter what I tried I couldn't get more than half of it to light up. So a couple years ago I cut off all the lights and now I just add a couple strings of lights to it and I'm done. For a long time I also hated the idea of a fake tree but practicality eventually overruled. And I got tired of the hassle of buying, transporting, installing and disposing a real one every year.

Just 6T9 CHGR

Mine has been a fake for the past 3 years as well...its an 8ft pre-lit Grand Spruce from Mr. Christmas.  It has well over 1400 white lights...I swear you probably can see it from space if I set it up outside :rotz:
Chris' '69 Charger R/T

dodgecharger-fan

I'd jump on it if I needed one, but mine is still in good shape. We've had it for about 20 years.

We bought it one year after Christmas for about 1/3 the cost. I've been hoping to find one as nice with lights already in it, but so, far, no luck.

It took a pine needle in the foot... in the previous July - to convince my then girlfriend (now wife) that to bring a real  tree in to the apartment again would not be a good idea. We had shag carpet.  :coolgleamA:
So, while we did bring one more real tree in to the house that year, it was the last one. And I sprung for a fir because they hold their needles better.

"Mr. Christmas" *goes a googlin'*

69_500

I've been pestering my wife for 7 years now that we need a new tree to put up. The one she has just plain out irritates me. So much that I let get it out of the box, stand it up and walk away. It reminds me of the Charlie brown tree, just a few twigs and not a lot left of it. I would have spoke up for the tree but my wife finally said today that we are getting a new tree. Thank goodness.

1969chargerrtse

FLG

No need for a tree, but can i still take you up on the offer to see the charger??  :cheers:

Your about 85 miles from me in Brooklyn  :2thumbs:

69bronzeT5

Feature Editor for Mopar Connection Magazine
http://moparconnectionmagazine.com/

1969 Charger: T5 Copper 383 Automatic
1970 Challenger R/T: FC7 Plum Crazy 440 Automatic
1970 GTO: Black 400 Ram Air III 4-Speed
1971 Charger Super Bee: GY3 Citron Yella 440 4-Speed
1972 Charger: FE5 Red 360 Automatic
1973 Charger Rallye: FY1 Top Banana 440 Automatic
1973 Plymouth Road Runner: FE5 Red 440 Automatic
1973 Plymouth Duster: FC7 Plum Crazy 318 Automatic

moparstuart

GO SELL CRAZY SOMEWHERE ELSE WE ARE ALL STOCKED UP HERE

1969chargerrtse

Quote from: FLG on November 29, 2008, 09:19:16 PM
No need for a tree, but can i still take you up on the offer to see the charger??  :cheers:

Your about 85 miles from me in Brooklyn  :2thumbs:

Anytime, always looking to hook up with Charger friends.  I'm only a PM away.  You're ever bored, take a swing up.

WingCharger

Nope...We have never had a fake tree and never will. Takes the fun out of everything.

Silver R/T

we have artificial tree and its been doing fine last few years we had it. We always get compliments on it how nice it looks. Most people dont know its not real until they carefully look at it.
http://www.cardomain.com/id/mitmaks

1968 silver/black/red striped R/T
My Charger is hybrid, it runs on gas and on tears of ricers
2001 Ram 2500 CTD
1993 Mazda MX-3 GS SE
1995 Ford Cobra SVT#2722

69_500

Quote from: Silver R/T on December 02, 2008, 02:47:54 PM
we have artificial tree and its been doing fine last few years we had it. We always get compliments on it how nice it looks. Most people dont know its not real until they carefully look at it.

When they look at it do you lean in to their shoulder and wisper "Yup go ahead and take a sniff, its one of them there real fancy real artificial tree's."  :smilielol:

Charger_Fan

We've had a fake tree for at least the last 12 or so years. I got REAL tired of dealing with all the aggrevations that go with having a real tree. The only thing I like about them is the smell, otherwise fuggetaboutit!  :brickwall:

The Aquamax...yes, this bike spent 2 nights underwater one weekend. (Not my doing), but it gained the name, and has since become pseudo-famous. :)

PocketThunder

Quote from: CHARGER_FAN on December 03, 2008, 01:40:30 PM
We've had a fake tree for at least the last 12 or so years. I got REAL tired of dealing with all the aggrevations that go with having a real tree. The only thing I like about them is the smell, otherwise fuggetaboutit!  :brickwall:

All you have to do is go to the quick-e-mart and buy a dozen of those Christmas tree air fresheners and hang them on your fake tree like ornaments..!   :2thumbs:
"Liberalism is a disease that attacks one's ability to understand logic. Extreme manifestations include the willingness to continue down a path of self destruction, based solely on a delusional belief in a failed ideology."

Charger_Fan

Quote from: PocketThunder on December 03, 2008, 01:59:44 PM
Quote from: CHARGER_FAN on December 03, 2008, 01:40:30 PM

All you have to do is go to the quick-e-mart and buy a dozen of those Christmas tree air fresheners and hang them on your fake tree like ornaments..!   :2thumbs:
PERFECT!! :cheers: :icon_smile_big:

The Aquamax...yes, this bike spent 2 nights underwater one weekend. (Not my doing), but it gained the name, and has since become pseudo-famous. :)

CB

Quote from: NOT Just 6T9 CHGR on November 28, 2008, 07:37:50 PM
Mine has been a fake for the past 3 years as well...its an 8ft pre-lit Grand Spruce from Mr. Christmas.  It has well over 1400 white lights...I swear you probably can see it from space if I set it up outside :rotz:
:rofl:
1968 Dodge Coronet 500