News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Bronze 69 Hemi 500 210731

Started by nascarxx29, December 02, 2008, 08:48:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

RAC95054

Quote from: nascarxx29 on December 04, 2008, 10:26:00 AM
Seems the car has been handed alot off from dealer to dealer .Must have issues?

Yes.  Nicky doesn't have it anymore.  That was at least a year and a half ago.  They originally wanted $150K for it, then I had my brother-in-law go over to look at it for me (he works about 20 min for Nickey), he sent me a bunch of pictures, and it was not as nice as it appeared in the other photos.  Lots of undercoating, had it in the trunk too.  The carbs looked tired, and did the underside of the motor/front end.  Interior was decent, but by no means $150K good.  He eventually sold it to another dealer for under $100K (they originally got it at auction for about $90K I think it was).  Then it went to BJ last Jan, and sold for $110K (they had done some cleanup on it, repainting the trunk, and fixing a few other issues).  Not sure where it is now, though.  It had been on eBay at some time this past year, I think.  Or maybe that was the year before.  Can't keep track anymore.

-Russ
Play: Work that you enjoy doing for nothing.   -Evan Esar

watt340

This one is a tan interior Hemi out of New York, raced in the F.A.S.T. class at the Mopar Nationals this year.

69_500

The last car pictured is Ed Cooks car. He post on sometimes, and he also has a very very nice R6 red HEMI 500 as well.

Ghoste

69_500

Are you talking about Ed's R6 red Runner? Does he have a nice X9 one as well?

Ghoste

To tell the truth, I thought these three were his.  No?

69_500

Could be, but I know he has 2 500's, and unless he got rid of it he had an R6 red, and X9 A12 cars as well at Englishtown a few years back. Could have gotten rid of the X9 car for the green one though. Who knows.

Ghoste

I know he had a red 500 but I've never seen the car except in pictures.  Thinking harder, it seems to me the green A12 belongs to his son?  So perhaps its still as you recall Danny, Bronze 500, Red 500, Black A12, and Red A12?

69_500

The first time I saw his R6 HEMI 500 was at Carlisle this year. Gorgeous car, would love to see both of his 500's in one picture together. Heck i"d like to see about 20 500's in the same picture.

Ghoste

What a poster that would make huh?

watt340

Ed owns and drives the X9 A12 Road Runner and owns the R6 A12 Road Runner but his son James races it.
The 97 green A12 is owned and raced by his buddy Scott M.

69_500

Quote from: Ghoste on December 06, 2008, 02:09:18 PM
What a poster that would make huh?

It would be a nice poster. Now if we can manage to get about 15-20 500's down at Talladega next year, I'd be more than happy to shoot a panoramic shot of all of them together and make a poster out of it. Could probably go as large as a 24"x48" poster no problem.

XXHEMI

Danny

For some reason the 500's never seem to be in the same place at the same time. I will bring them both to Talladaga maybe we can get some pictures there!

Ed

69_500

If they are both there at Talladega I'll make darn sure to get over there for some photo's. You know how many pictures I shot of your R6 car at Carlisle. I'm thinking I need to invest in more memory cards before Talladega.