News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Comuter Geek needed

Started by cudaken, October 31, 2005, 05:14:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

cudaken

Ok, Hackers won again. Couple questions first about the the computer I am on.

Old 400 Meg a thingie, running windows 98. I have got Trek Blue Error Nuker and Cool WWW search. Search Klick. Spy boot cannot get rid of it, I down loaded a program that is made to get rid of Cool Search and guess what, said there is none.

New Computer, it as well was shut down by hackers. Has 512 RD Ram. 2.4 Mega thingie and all the good stuff. It has been reformated with XP Pro and SP 1 and 2. Now I cannot get any of my programs to run, nero, cable moden, phot shop, printer well you get the idea. Heck my games and Wingman joy stick wont work. They did before I had the SP 1 and 2 installed. I know what the problem is, my soft ware is to old to work with with XP Pro with the SP packs. Yea I know down load newer drivers, hard to do when it will not go on line.

Before you guys tell me what to do this is what I want to do

I want to reformat the good computer with just XP, No SP packs. That way I can use it for my Camera, keep family files on it and play my dam games and keep it off line. Can I just stick the XP CD in the computer and reformat or will I get a message that it cannot reformat because it is a down grade? I have had that happen to me before. Richard said he changed the start up order of the floppy, it was starting first causing the problem when I tried to reformat.

Onces I get the fast computer up and running like it use to, I will reformat the 400 Computer thingie and use that just for goining on line. Works ok when there is no F--king spyware on it.

If it does not work right, I own it.

Cuda Ken
I am back

Arthu®

QuoteIf it does not work right, I own it

:haha:

Ok not much of a help but you should be able to boot the pc with the windows CD and be able to format the HD that way. At least I never had problems saying that it would be a downgrade.

Arthur
Striving for world domination since 1986

Troy

Ken, if you have the boot disks for Win 98 the just stick the floppy in and tell it to reformat in DOS. Then, once the hard drive is wiped out you can put in the XP CD and load a fresh install. Didn't I fix all that garbage once? :P I would still install SP1 and SP2 but do that first. Then install all of your hardware and make sure you use the newest drivers. Load the software and games last after you've verified that all the other stuff works properly. You're most likely getting all the viruses, trojans, adware and spyware because you don't keep the security updates current AND you're browsing with Internet Explorer. For Pete's sake download and install Firefox before you go looking for girlie pics... :D

Troy
Sarcasm detector, that's a real good invention.