News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Grrr (rant/need info)

Started by ChargerRT440, October 31, 2005, 06:07:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ChargerRT440

Well most of you know I'm rebuilding an engine for a school project and currently I'm having really big problems with it. My mechanics teacher offers solutions but these solutions are best  for a Ferd engine and really have nothing to do with a mopar. Other then the fact he's always confusing mine with a chevy or a ferd engine block which honestly yeah isn't that big a mistake but still theres two engines in the shop mine and my best friends(chevy 350) should be pretty easy to tell them apart when their side by side. and then plus he tells me I need a new harmonic balancer and it'slike why? and he explains that the rubber is all ruined because it has some cracks in the rubber. My dad's gonna take it to a machine shop that specializes in engines when he takes the crankshaft in to be polished to see what they think. I'm not looking to make an idiot out of my mechanics teacher or to look like a cry baby but I'm getting really freaking annoyed with the amount he seems to single me out. I'm also the best student in the class with the highest mark a 90.8% even with his attempts to make me fail.

But yeah thats all I have to say with that. I'm wondering what I can do to increase the torque ether advancing or retarding the cam(.450-.500 int. and exh. lift) with my current setup. single plane edelbrock 340 torker manifold, 4bbl Carter CFB, stock flat top pistons, and polished and ported heads. Anything I can do to free up some power with good cheap modifications. I heard that thinner head gaskets could make more compression. anything else?

moparguy01

You could shave the heads alittle bit to bump up the compression. it's best to talk to the machine shop about how much they feel you can safely machine off, at least before you need to machine the intake as well.

i had a few teachers that were hard on me in my HS auto shop because i was into mopars. but in the end i realized they were hard on me to make me realize my potential. I still talk with all but 1 of them, cause he retired and moved to arizona. haha

:eyes:  :'(

Sounds like someone needs to grow some thicker skin.  If he's really trying to fail you, you wouldn't have a 90%. 

If you want to do a joke on him get a condenser.  There should be a bunch laying around your shop.  Charge it off the coil wire on an engine.  Toss it to him while asking what he thinks the matter with it is.  He'll get a pretty good jolt. 
When I was just a very young lad I looked up and told my dad, a bareback rider's what I wanna be.  I want the whole world to know about me.  In the rodeo arena I'll make my stand.  I wanna be a rodeo man.  I'll come flyin' from the chute with my spurs up high, chaps and boots reachin' for the sky.  Spurin' wild with my head throwed back, you'll ask 'Who's that,' well that's Bareback Jack.  You'll ask 'Who's that,' well that's Bareback Jack.

41husk

Quote from: 253862656971 on October 31, 2005, 07:13:16 PM
:eyes:   :'(

Sounds like someone needs to grow some thicker skin.   If he's really trying to fail you, you wouldn't have a 90%.  

If you want to do a joke on him get a condenser.   There should be a bunch laying around your shop.   Charge it off the coil wire on an engine.   Toss it to him while asking what he thinks the matter with it is.   He'll get a pretty good jolt.  

Yep! that will improve both your grade and relationship with the instructor :rotz:
1969 Dodge Charger 500 440/727
1970 Challenger convertible 340/727
1970 Plymouth Duster FM3
1974 Dodge Dart /6/904
1983 Plymouth Scamp GT 2.2 Auto
1950 Dodge Pilot house pick up