News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

new performance coil and intake

Started by deathcharger71, July 28, 2005, 03:07:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

deathcharger71

im getting ready to finish up my car and i need some advise on 2 things. first off i have the mopar electronic conversion kit and i want a blaster coil of some sort....i dont know much about coils...i just want a hotter spark and to be able to run a larger spark plug gap. and im wondering if i get a single plane intake manifold if my idle will be extremely difficult to set, i want it below 1000 rpm. i have a 360 that will have a 750 holley, .490 lift int .490 lift exst 4.10 gears and a 2600-3000 stall speed. any advise on a good coil and intake would be great ;D and if anyone thinks i should get anything other then a 750 holley double pumper, i was also thinking about an 800 edelbrock thunder series?? thanks for all your help! :icon_smile_big:

Silver R/T

msd blaster 2 coil works great, although not like youll be feeling it go any faster.
http://www.cardomain.com/id/mitmaks

1968 silver/black/red striped R/T
My Charger is hybrid, it runs on gas and on tears of ricers
2001 Ram 2500 CTD
1993 Mazda MX-3 GS SE
1995 Ford Cobra SVT#2722

deathcharger71

im just hoping the hotter spark will help my idle and startups in the morning.

Chryco Psycho

A high output coil   is a great idea & will definatly help spark power
a single plane intake is not a problem & will easily idle well under 1000 rpm assuming the cam is reasonable
I would use the Holley Carb , a smaller single plane like a Street dom or a M1 ,& I would use any Hp coil

deathcharger71

thanks a lot chryco   :icon_smile_big: this is what ive decided on http://store.yahoo.com/chucker54/sinplan27331.html . my current dual plane is port matched, should i get this one port matched also? i really have no idea what is involved in port matching so i would have the shop i had my engine built at do it.