News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

73 Charge K Frame issue, need help pretty quick

Started by Moparbob, December 16, 2008, 10:43:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Charger74

Thanks for those pictures of the k frame.   Now we really now the difference in the small and big block k-frames.

Bandit4142

Thanks for the pics... but that brings up a question then.   If the mount position is the only difference (and the sway bar), why not use the Schmaker mounts?   Here's the thing, I have a '74 Charger with a weak 318.   I have an excellent running 440 that I'd like to install, but I have had 0 luck trying to find a big-block K-member.   I was about to ask about the Schmaker mounts when I found this thread...

After the head to head comparison of the K-members, I find myself wondering if that isn't the route I should head??   Has anyone used the mounts and ran into trouble?

FWIW, the motor I have is a bone stock 440, and I have no intentions of drag racing or otherwise....  My Charger simply needs a motor and I have it.
1969 Charger - 383 mag auto - Sold and sorely missed.
1970 Charger R/T - 440 mag - sold
1969 Super Bee - 383 mag auto - sold
1969 Cornet R/T - 383 mag 4 spd - sold

Moparbob

Quote from: Bandit4142 on January 10, 2009, 08:43:52 PM
Thanks for the pics... but that brings up a question then.   If the mount position is the only difference (and the sway bar), why not use the Schmaker mounts?   Here's the thing, I have a '74 Charger with a weak 318.   I have an excellent running 440 that I'd like to install, but I have had 0 luck trying to find a big-block K-member.   I was about to ask about the Schmaker mounts when I found this thread...

After the head to head comparison of the K-members, I find myself wondering if that isn't the route I should head??   Has anyone used the mounts and ran into trouble?

FWIW, the motor I have is a bone stock 440, and I have no intentions of drag racing or otherwise....  My Charger simply needs a motor and I have it.

The Shumaker mounts are just fine and I would have used them if I didnt luck up on this Kframe for $100. Dont be afraid of them they are well made and fit perfect. Good support over there as well.

Cheers
Bob Norris
www.moparbob.com

God Bless America.

Bandit4142

Thanks Bob.  Nice thing is, I can give them a shot, and if I come across a BB K-member I can always swap it out later if I like.  At least the mounts would get my Charger up on the road again.   Thanks for all the information.
1969 Charger - 383 mag auto - Sold and sorely missed.
1970 Charger R/T - 440 mag - sold
1969 Super Bee - 383 mag auto - sold
1969 Cornet R/T - 383 mag 4 spd - sold

doctorpimp

I used the Schumacher mounts with no (very little) problems.  The only issue was with the High Volume oil pump and getting the driver's side mount bolt fastened.  It just took some patience, but it went in ;)
'73 Coupe, 470, Keisler 5spd, 3.55 SG; Petty Blue; Hideaway Headlights.

www.cardomain.com/ride/2119216

david hunt

Hi I just used a 1970 big block STOCK motor mount and installed a 440 in a 318 E-body car.......no fuss     no muss. Thanks Ks. Hillbilly

Nacho-RT74

david, the K member swap or engine mount adaptors by schumacher services is just to 73/74 B bodies... rest just need propper engine mounts.
Venezuelan RT 74 400 4bbl, 727, 8.75 3.23 open. Now stroked with 440 crank and 3.55 SG. Here is the History and how is actually: http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,7603.0/all.html
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,25060.0.html