News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Windsheild retainer clips?

Started by 4aThrill, December 20, 2008, 05:18:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

4aThrill

What are these they are on the front and rear windows, I know they hold the windshield and rear glass to the car  :scratchchin: , some were rusted; I need to get some more anyone know where I might be able get atleast 10 or what they are called?

Happy Holidays   :cheers:

Chatt69chgr

I believe you are talking about the reveal moulding clips.  I saw them while scanning the RT Specialties site yesterday.  They have the front's, rear's, or both in a set.  The set was $49 which is about what I have seen them for elsewhere. 

Bill with AM Hightech Auto is planning on carrying them but I don't see that he has them listed yet.  I wish Bill would get more of the stuff that RT Specialties lists.  They always seem to be out of stock (although they appear to have these clips).  Could be that outfits like Jack
's Auto Parts, Paddock, Year One, and Stephens in Anderson, AL buy the whole stock as soon as RT Specialties get some in. 

4aThrill

Quote from: Chatt69chgr on December 21, 2008, 10:12:37 AM
I believe you are talking about the reveal moulding clips.  I saw them while scanning the RT Specialties site yesterday.  They have the front's, rear's, or both in a set.  The set was $49 which is about what I have seen them for elsewhere. 

Bill with AM Hightech Auto is planning on carrying them but I don't see that he has them listed yet.  I wish Bill would get more of the stuff that RT Specialties lists.  They always seem to be out of stock (although they appear to have these clips).  Could be that outfits like Jack
's Auto Parts, Paddock, Year One, and Stephens in Anderson, AL buy the whole stock as soon as RT Specialties get some in. 

Thankx Chatt69chgr

the Reveal Clips I have them already, what I am looking for is what the Reveal Clips attach to the little metal tabs on/in the inner of the rear and front windshields but thankx for the info though other then that got stuck in MN yesterday missing my connection flight to AK by 20 minutes. no flights going out of MN for a week or so; so going back home to MD instead of waiting around for a opening.

thankx again for the info Merry Christmas :cheers:

John_Kunkel

The trim rivets that the clips attach to are spot welded to the body, you need a tool like the one in the link below to weld them on:

http://www.eastwoodco.com/jump.jsp?itemID=1754&itemType=PRODUCT&path=1%2C2%2C503%2C504%2C512&KickerID=467&KICKER
Pardon me but my karma just ran over your dogma.

4aThrill

Quote from: John_Kunkel on December 22, 2008, 06:27:47 PM

The trim rivets that the clips attach to are spot welded to the body, you need a tool like the one in the link below to weld them on:

http://www.eastwoodco.com/jump.jsp?itemID=1754&itemType=PRODUCT&path=1%2C2%2C503%2C504%2C512&KickerID=467&KICKER

Sweet thankx John_Kunkel for the info will look into it.

:cheers:

Chatt69chgr

You can buy that welded stud dent puller from Harbor Freight for around $100.  I bought one but have not used it yet.

John_Kunkel

I'm not sure if the Harbor Freight welder will do trim rivets, it takes a different tip than the one used for pull studs.
Pardon me but my karma just ran over your dogma.

4aThrill

Quote from: John_Kunkel on December 23, 2008, 07:11:41 PM

I'm not sure if the Harbor Freight welder will do trim rivets, it takes a different tip than the one used for pull studs.

Eastwood co has a weld stud gun trim rivet tip for 18 or 19 bucks plus shipping.

thankx for the help bought some trim rivets from Resto Rick too.

Happy Holidays  :cheers:

Nick

ACUDANUT

I have always called them molding tits/studs. Let me know how easy or hard they are to put new ones on. :popcrn:

4aThrill

Quote from: ACUDANUT on December 23, 2008, 09:02:10 PM
I have always called them molding tits/studs. Let me know how easy or hard they are to put new ones on. :popcrn:

will do, going to see if the trim tip is sold here in the area before buying it from Eastwood co,  :musik010:

1969chargerrtse

I just bought front windshield clips on ebay for 16.00 this week.
This car was sold many years ago to somebody in Wisconsin. I now am retired and living in Florida.

4aThrill

emailed Resto Rick he sent me 12 or so, and they just started to make some screw in ones too bought some of those on EBay for 4.50 for 30. there the same size and everything.  :yesnod: