News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

The Mystery 'Bird is on Ebay!!! V-Code Superbird

Started by Beep Beep Dave, December 24, 2008, 01:48:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Beep Beep Dave

Check it out:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=140290153059&_trksid=p2759.l1259

Why is it the Mystery 'Bird you ask? It is one of the first cars I featured on my website when I started it up about 7 years ago. Lots of back in the day pics of the car. Funny how the car has only been driven 2000 miles in the last 32+ years!
I've been meaning to redo the original webpage and update the pics.
Enjoy, man I still love that car :2thumbs:
http://mapleleafmopars.homestead.com/70superbirdpg1.html

Dave
'69-1/2 SIXPACK/SIXBBL REGISTRY On-Line Registry for the Lift Off Hood cars!!!
Maple Leaf Mopars your Canadian Mopar site.

1970 Charger R/T

nascarxx29

I will look up and see if I find anything new or old on that car
1969 R4 Daytona XX29L9B410772
1970 EV2 Superbird RM23UOA174597
1970 FY1 Superbird RM23UOA166242
1970 EV2 Superbird RM23VOA179697
1968 426 Road Runner RM21J8A134509
1970 Coronet RT WS23UOA224126
1970 Daytona Clone XP29GOG178701

Beep Beep Dave

Anyone know where this car is now?

RM23VOA170832

Dave

1970 Charger R/T

nascarxx29

Bob T

Old Dog, Old Tricks.

nascarxx29

FJ5WING

Funny how the car has only been driven 2000 miles in the last 32+ years!

Im at about 2000 miles in the last 25 years. :shruggy:
wingless now, but still around.

WINGIN IT

The car was on E-bay last year  I believe, in CT.
I was thinkin about it at the time.
Don't know if he sold it, wanted $125K I believe.
Resto looked pretty nice.

lisiecki1

Quote from: FJ5WING on December 26, 2012, 09:10:54 AM

I'm at 0 miles in the last 12.  :rotz:
Remember the average response time to a 911 call is over 4 minutes.

The average response time of a 357 magnum is 1400 FPS.

http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,52527.0.html

pettybird

Quote from: FJ5WING on December 26, 2012, 09:10:54 AM

That's about what we put on the car driving to and around Talladega   ;)

GOTWING

I do about 500 miles per year of driving in the superbird, ( has 45,000 now ) however after last summers bump to the nose :eek2: i think im going to be just like most and just look at it in the garage, im trully afraid to drive it now. It's been 9 years maybe time for a change?  :shruggy:

Dino

May I ask you guys something?  I do understand the rarity of these cars but do you really enjoy owning one more than driving one?  I put 2000 miles on my car just this summer!  It's only an R/T clone but it's still a fairly rare car and I'd hate to lose it, but if I can't drive it I don't want it.

I'm not being sarcastic or trying to bash you or anything but I honestly don't see the point in owning such a car if you never drive it.

Gotwing, maybe it is time for something you can take out without having to worry about it.
Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence.

JB400

Quote from: Dino on January 04, 2013, 02:22:13 PM
May I ask you guys something?  I do understand the rarity of these cars but do you really enjoy owning one more than driving one?  I put 2000 miles on my car just this summer!  It's only an R/T clone but it's still a fairly rare car and I'd hate to lose it, but if I can't drive it I don't want it.

I'm not being sarcastic or trying to bash you or anything but I honestly don't see the point in owning such a car if you never drive it.

Gotwing, maybe it is time for something you can take out without having to worry about it.
I float in this boat as well.  Why own a car you can't enjoy driving?

moparstuart

Quote from: GOTWING on January 04, 2013, 02:12:08 PM
I do about 500 miles per year of driving in the superbird, ( has 45,000 now ) however after last summers bump to the nose :eek2: i think im going to be just like most and just look at it in the garage, im trully afraid to drive it now. It's been 9 years maybe time for a change?  :shruggy:
just get the hemi car out now    :icon_smile_big:
GO SELL CRAZY SOMEWHERE ELSE WE ARE ALL STOCKED UP HERE

moparstuart

:2thumbs: :2thumbs: :2thumbs: :yesnod: :yesnod: :yesnod: :yesnod:  i have to drive mine , and drive them alot

Dino

Quote from: moparstuart on January 04, 2013, 02:29:34 PM

:2thumbs: :2thumbs: :2thumbs: :yesnod: :yesnod: :yesnod: :yesnod:  i have to drive mine , and drive them alot

Sure looks like it and you'll be driving it even more once that t-56 is hooked up!  :2thumbs: 

How's it looking for the console btw?  Any hope of keeping it?

moparstuart

Quote from: Dino on January 04, 2013, 02:30:43 PM
May I ask you guys something?  I do understand the rarity of these cars but do you really enjoy owning one more than driving one?  I put 2000 miles on my car just this summer!  It's only an R/T clone but it's still a fairly rare car and I'd hate to lose it, but if I can't drive it I don't want it.

:2thumbs: :2thumbs: :2thumbs: :yesnod: :yesnod: :yesnod: :yesnod:  i have to drive mine , and drive them alot

Sure looks like it and you'll be driving it even more once that t-56 is hooked up!  :2thumbs:  

How's it looking for the console btw?  Any hope of keeping it?
yup layed it in there a couple days ago  , I wont do all that stuff untill i get it home but I see no problem making it work

Dino

Quote from: moparstuart on January 04, 2013, 02:49:41 PM
Quote from: Dino on January 04, 2013, 02:30:43 PM
May I ask you guys something?  I do understand the rarity of these cars but do you really enjoy owning one more than driving one?  I put 2000 miles on my car just this summer!  It's only an R/T clone but it's still a fairly rare car and I'd hate to lose it, but if I can't drive it I don't want it.

:2thumbs: :2thumbs: :2thumbs: :yesnod: :yesnod: :yesnod: :yesnod:  i have to drive mine , and drive them alot

Sure looks like it and you'll be driving it even more once that t-56 is hooked up!  :2thumbs:  

How's it looking for the console btw?  Any hope of keeping it?
yup layed it in there a couple days ago  , I wont do all that stuff untill i get it home but I see no problem making it work

Do you know what that means?  It means I need a T-56 in my Charger.   :lol:

That's gonna set me back a bit isn't it?  I know the trans goes anywhere between 1 and 2 grand not to mention all the other stuff.

maxwellwedge

Lots of reasons cars get driven very little or not at all....

Car(s) needs parts/repair etc.

Lots of other cars to drive

Life circumstances

Crap weather when you do finally have time

Etc

Etc.

I try and drive my stuff whenever I can.....regardless of the rarity etc.   But, unfortunately, the reasons above get in the way sometimes

Dino

Quote from: maxwellwedge on January 08, 2013, 11:37:13 AM

Lots of reasons cars get driven very little or not at all....

Life circumstances

Etc

Etc.

I try and drive my stuff whenever I can.....regardless of the rarity etc.   But, unfortunately, the reasons above get in the way sometimes

Life circumstances

Etc

Etc.

[/quote]

I can understand those reasons but some people don't even drive them when they DO have a good chance to do so and that's where I don't see the point in having one of these.

Anyway, it's just curiosity, it's really none of my business. 

WINGIN IT

Quote from: WINGIN IT on December 26, 2012, 09:28:39 AM
The car was on E-bay last year  I believe, in CT.
I was thinkin about it at the time.
Don't know if he sold it, wanted $125K I believe.
Resto looked pretty nice.

Here's a copy of the auction

Beep Beep Dave

Hey would you mind sending me an email of those attachments full size?
I would like to update that page, well actually make a new one.
I wonder if he still has it?

Dave

1970 Charger R/T

WINGIN IT

PM me your email address.
I only have the full size version of those pages in 1 pdf document if you want it.