News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Headrests in a 68'

Started by tipopiola, November 01, 2005, 06:43:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tipopiola

Hey there-     This is probably a stupid question, but I'm wondering about the headrest option in 1968.  My R/T doesn't have em and being 6'3" I find that the bucket seat only comes up to the bottom of my shoulder blades.  I know that the headrests won't save me in a crash, but at least I'd have a little something to lean back on when I'm driving.  What I'm trying to find out is if all buckets came with the necessary internals to accept a headrest.  I've never had the covers off of mine and didn't know if I would have to buy the mounts that actually go inside of the seat or if they put em in all seats because that would be easier.  Anyway, I'd appreciate a little enlightenment.  Also if you know of anything that I should watch out for while buying the headrests I'd appreciate it.  Thanks again, Tipopiola :icon_smile_big:

8WHEELER

No your seat will not have the proper inserts in them unless your seats came with headrest from the factory.
I am only 6'1'' and with the headrests on my seat most of the way up my head is still above the headrest
anyway, but I like the look My wife is 5'1'' so its great for her.

Here is a pic, yes the headrests are most of the way up. As you can see it would do me no good, my head
touches the headliner not moving, I have a taller upper body though.

Dan
74 Dart Sport 360, just for added fun.