News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

ballast resistor connections

Started by charger01, November 01, 2005, 07:13:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

charger01

I have a 69 charger that iam converting over to mp electonic iginition and 70 style voltatge reg.  I purchase the custom harness from year one and it uses the 4 pin ballast resistor.  The resistor has a notch cut out of it on one side of it.  My question is this.  Does it matter which plug goes to which side of this ballast resistor.  Is there a left or right side supposed to be to it.   May be a silly question, but I gotta ask. Thankks

Ghoste

Well, I don't think it matters but I believe the side without the notch has the wiring which runs to the coil and the ecu.  The side with the notch runs to the ecu and the regulator.  I think.

Chryco Psycho

the connector is designed so that it can only be installed 1 way so which ever end the connector is on it still uises the same side of the double ballast , so no it doesn`t matter , however with a 4 pin ECU only one side of the ballast is ever used anyway , you can just use the single ballast & use the blue & brown wires , the green / red wire si not used