News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

The Dirty Mary Crazy Larry 1969 Charger

Started by Ghoste, December 30, 2008, 10:36:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Just 6T9 CHGR

Imagine if I had it in the registry??  A great surprise to someone :yesnod:
Chris' '69 Charger R/T

Khyron

Thanks Wi. Charger Guy for the plug ;)

I am EXTREAMLY interested in more pics of that Charger. Do you have any more with the stripe back on it? i hope I hope :)

Those Pictures are a treasure!

Before reading my posts please understand me by clicking
HERE, HERE, AND HERE.

Ghoste

Bert, you said you sold it cheap because you needed the cash, did it go to a yard or another private owner and did they know the history of the car?  Also, I'm curious what happened to the denim shirt and the glove?

Charger_Fan

Man, what a cool story! Thanks for sharing that. :cheers:

The Aquamax...yes, this bike spent 2 nights underwater one weekend. (Not my doing), but it gained the name, and has since become pseudo-famous. :)

model maker

I posted some more info. in another post somewhere on here where you were hoping i would see it and chime in and i did :cheers: Things went bad when we split she did things that she shouldn't have, got caught that sort of thing. I was in a daze, a real fog  :icon_smile_blackeye:  she was gone like i told her to be when i got home from work and she was, along with the bank account and the bill money that never went to pay the bills for a few months, this i know from the late letters from the creditors that she kept throwing in the dumpster. I moved out of the apartment a few days later leaving a new 75 gallon hexagone aquarium becuase i couldn't lift it ( empty) by myself and no neighbors to help. The charger was next. I took it to a car dealership and just let them have it so i wouldn't have to mess with the paperwork plus I am not exactly sure what she & her sister did hit, could have been a hit & run, her story had some different details every now and then. I never told the dealer where the car came from I just didn't think about it in my state of mind. The blue levi shirt i found in the trunk had a big grease stain on the upper left arm/shoulder. I always thought it was a film crew mechanic, i washed it and wore it for about 3 years since it was new and fit. In the other thread of yours I mentioned that I just watched my DVD again and this time i noticed larrys blue shirt which is clean throughout the movie has an identical grease stain during the scene where they are fixing the blue chevy in the ranches barn and he runs after mary to get her to help them with the car. the grease dissappears after that scene, check out your DVD and you will see what I mean, CRAP, something else I had and didn't know it. I DO still have the rear R/T emblem and 1 charger name emblem that came off the passenger side roof.
MODEL MAKER

1BAD68

Bert, it sounds like there is a really good chance that the car is still out there somewhere, just need the vin# to be sure.
Is there any chance that you have an old receipt or something from when you bought it, or maybe a registration?

WINGR

Dang, where's a time machine when you need it?

Thanks for sharing this story model maker, at least you had a chance to enjoy it for a little while. That's more than the rest of us dreamers can say.

I think it's already been asked a few times but have you got any way of figuring out the vin number?

Thanks,

WINGR

69bronzeT5

Nice lookin' car. :cheers: I'd like to know the vin number too. ;)
Feature Editor for Mopar Connection Magazine
http://moparconnectionmagazine.com/

1969 Charger: T5 Copper 383 Automatic
1970 Challenger R/T: FC7 Plum Crazy 440 Automatic
1970 GTO: Black 400 Ram Air III 4-Speed
1971 Charger Super Bee: GY3 Citron Yella 440 4-Speed
1972 Charger: FE5 Red 360 Automatic
1973 Charger Rallye: FY1 Top Banana 440 Automatic
1973 Plymouth Road Runner: FE5 Red 440 Automatic
1973 Plymouth Duster: FC7 Plum Crazy 318 Automatic

Hemidoug

model maker...if you could come up with a vin you would be a hero for sure! Please see if you can dig up anything that might have it.....Even the plate number and date it was good would help.... :cheers: :popcrn: :popcrn: :popcrn:
71 R/T 440 6pak, 4spd Mr Norms GSD

Magnumcharger

1968 Plymouth Barracuda Formula S 340 convertible
1968 Dodge Charger R/T 426 Hemi 4 speed
1968 Plymouth Barracuda S/S clone 426 Hemi auto
1969 Dodge Deora pickup clone 318 auto
1971 Dodge Charger R/T 440 auto
1972 Dodge C600 318 4 speed ramp truck
1972 Dodge C800 413 5 speed
1979 Chrysler 300 T-top 360 auto
2001 Dodge RAM Sport Offroad 360 auto
2010 Dodge Challenger R/T 6 speed
2014 RAM Laramie 5.7 Hemi 8 speed

hemi-hampton

I'll guess the first half goes something like this XS29L9B :scratchchin: :rofl: :shruggy:

Magnumcharger

1968 Plymouth Barracuda Formula S 340 convertible
1968 Dodge Charger R/T 426 Hemi 4 speed
1968 Plymouth Barracuda S/S clone 426 Hemi auto
1969 Dodge Deora pickup clone 318 auto
1971 Dodge Charger R/T 440 auto
1972 Dodge C600 318 4 speed ramp truck
1972 Dodge C800 413 5 speed
1979 Chrysler 300 T-top 360 auto
2001 Dodge RAM Sport Offroad 360 auto
2010 Dodge Challenger R/T 6 speed
2014 RAM Laramie 5.7 Hemi 8 speed

Hemidoug

71 R/T 440 6pak, 4spd Mr Norms GSD

model maker

I FOUND A RECIEPT  for  radiator work  and after trying to light it up so i could read the faded ink, it turned out to be for my 68 charger.  I have started digging through all of the stuff i have saved over the years, I found TV guides from 1964 that are in Great shape and some more old pictures. I want to find the R/T and charger emblems that I took off the car, i made sure I kept  those and I do know that i have them together with some of the 73 mustang parts such as some glass chips,  small pieces of goodyear tires, and pieces of the front plastic grille from the wrecked Mustang FROM THE ORIGINAL GONE IN 60 SECONDS. it was on a trailer in San Francisco at a hotel while it was being towed around california. This was in 1975. the pieces were just falling off and no one was anywhere around and it was parked on the trailer unattended.  I went inside and asked if i could speak to the owners of the trailer and the guy came down and told me all about the car and said here, take a souvinere and tell all of your friends to make sure and see the movie more than once.The pieces i got were about to bounce off going down the road and no one really knew what the  car was about. I bet the guy would have let me have more stuff but i was satisfied with what I got. Now, you probably can't get close to the car when it is on tour. the older these cars get, the more valuable they become as we look back to the good ole days right guys ? 1
MODEL MAKER

Ghoste

I realize the DMCL Charger is the star car here, but sometime Bert you'll have to tell us about your 68 as well. 

69*F5*SE

All this is some really good reading   :yesnod:   :popcrn:

WINGR

Hi Model Maker, can you please tell me what part of California most of the DMCL was shot in. I know there's not much relivence but my Charger 500 was originally purchased new at Stanley Dodge in National City, CA. and I was was wondering how far away it was from that area. It remained in the San Diego area up until about five years ago when it went to Sothern Florida and was then restored. Now it has made it to me here in Sunny Michigan, well sometimes. Maybe I meant Snowy Michigan, I guess it doesn't matter because she's tucked away nice & cozy until Spring. Thanks and again we really appreciate you sharing your story and pics.

WINGR

FastbackJon

Quote from: WINGR on January 07, 2009, 12:55:32 PM

Hi Model Maker, can you please tell me what part of California most of the DMCL was shot in. I know there's not much relivence but my Charger 500 was originally purchased new at Stanley Dodge in National City, CA. and I was was wondering how far away it was from that area. It remained in the San Diego area up until about five years ago when it went to Sothern Florida and was then restored. Now it has made it to me here in Sunny Michigan, well sometimes. Maybe I meant Snowy Michigan, I guess it doesn't matter because she's tucked away nice & cozy until Spring. Thanks and again we really appreciate you sharing your story and pics.

WINGR

You can read through all this... http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,11746.0.html

Or I can just tell you, head east out of Stockton, to Linden, Farmington, Sonora, and also Clements.
"This was the dedication of the altar, in the day when it was anointed, by the princes of Israel: twelve chargers of silver, twelve silver bowls, twelve spoons of gold..." -- Numbers 7:84 KJV

WINGR

Thanks Fastback Jon, I was just curious. It's obviously quite a ways from the San Diego area. Do you know if the orange groves are still there? Do you live in that area?

Thanks again,

WINGR

model maker

Hi, the filming took place in the stockton, linden, farmington, jackson, clements area in northern calif. the primary roads were HWY 99, eight mile road, rd. waterloo and the groves were walnut. The spread of those groves is 50 miles long by 30 wide. My 68 charger i bought in 1973 and it was orange with black vinyl top and black interior. I have pictures of that one as well that I have to find. I was dating chargerkiller at that time as i was in my last year of high school. It had a 383, auto. transmission and was a nice car. at the time, i had the nicest car in school, then a guy got a new corvette and that got a lot of attention also. I put a lot of miles on the car and enjoyed every one of them. It was in that charger that i first saw dirty/crazy and in my senior year of high school, i took my first long drive to my aunts house for the weekend and i remember cruising to the song "RADAR LOVE" by Golden earring. if you haven't heard it, then you need to because it is a cruising song fit for a dodge charger. Anyway, here I am cruising to my aunts house after seeing Dirty/Crazy the weekend before and as I get closer to where she lives, things start looking like the did in the movie, where did my aunt live you ask ? STOCKTON, CALIFORNIA !!! I can tell you i was in my element in my charger and was totally stoked !!!!  I was in my Charger in the very area the movie was filmed. Who here has the DVD ? have you listened  to the audio commentary by the director, peter fonda, and susan george ? Susan george is from England and has a thick English  accent and sounds nothing like she did in the movie.It tells how peter fonda did most of the driving at speeds up to 100 MPH with a camera car along side, and a sound man in the trunk of the charger, I bet he really felt that BUMP on the road when deke said "YOU DON'T HAVE THE RIGHT ROAD CONDITIONS FOR THIS KIND OF DRIVING,  BUMP    TOUGH SAYS FONDA. That sound guy in the trunk must have really felt that. :rofl:
MODEL MAKER

WINGR

Thanks for the correction on the Walnut Groves, it hard to believe that I could confuse that considering the amount of times that I have watched it in the last 25 years or so. I thought orange didn't sound right but I haven't watched it in a couple months.

Wow, what an experience that must have been cruising through that area in a Charger. I have been a major Charger fan ever since I was a teenager and watching these movies just gets the blood flowing.

Thanks again,
WINGR

Just 6T9 CHGR

Orange '68 with a black roof huh?  Any chance it was a Bengal Charger?
Is it allowed that one man could own 2 iconic Chargers in his lifetime? ;)
Chris' '69 Charger R/T

model maker

It had a 383, but did not have any bumblebee stripe around the tail. I have a few pictures I found last night and i will get them scanned on my computer.
Bert
MODEL MAKER

tan top

Quote from: NOT Just 6T9 CHGR on January 08, 2009, 01:16:36 PM
Orange '68 with a black roof huh?  Any chance it was a Bengal Charger?
Is it allowed that one man could own 2 iconic Chargers in his lifetime? ;)
Quote from: model maker on January 09, 2009, 03:28:41 AM
It had a 383, but did not have any bumblebee stripe around the tail. I have a few pictures I found last night and i will get them scanned on my computer.
Bert

:popcrn:
Feel free to post any relevant picture you think we all might like to see in the threads below!

Charger Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,86777.0.html
Chargers in the background where you least expect them 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,97261.0.html
C500 & Daytonas & Superbirds
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,95432.0.html
Interesting pictures & Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,109484.925.html
Old Dodge dealer photos wanted
 http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,120850.0.html

Belgium R/T -68

Would this movie be available on DVD? Never heard about it before but would like to see it. Maybe it never reached Europe. :scratchchin:
Charger -68 R/T 500 cui Stroker