News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Old Mopars in the wild

Started by 1969chargerrtse, December 30, 2008, 11:19:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

JoeyGowdy

Johnson Grisham of Hickory Flat has a yard full of old cars just rusting away - from Cadillacs and GTOs to Road Runners and more:

http://maps.live.com/default.aspx?v=2&FORM=LMLTCP&cp=ps2tp87k0qng&style=b&lvl=2&tilt=-90&dir=0&alt=-1000&scene=17275429&phx=0&phy=0&phscl=1&encType=1
Sincerely, Joey Paul Gowdy

Tom Q

coal country WV

Tom Q

more coal...that's my motorcycle in the background.

Tom Q

inside the shop, the guys at the shop were friendly and they were really admiring the motorcycle..."wedongetno tursts on motorcyyycels esp themere nu herleys lok yurs"

Tom Q

Pineville WV

Finn

When I was on lunch break from work I spotted what I thought to be an old mopar sitting behind a bunch of bushes. I proceeded to drive back and forth along the road EIGHT times to confirm that it was indeed a red challenger. :icon_smile_big:

I going to try and leave early for school tonight to get a picture of it.

Funny thing is I don't know how many times Ive gone up and down that road purposefully LOOKING for something like this.
1968 Dodge Charger 440, EFI, AirRide suspension
1970 Dodge Challenger RT/SE 383 magnum
1963 Plymouth Savoy 225 with a 3 on the tree.
2002 Dodge Ram 5.9L 360
2014 Dodge Dart 2.4L

Finn

This is the best picture I was able to get. Looking at it closer I think there might by a ?challenger? convertible next to it (look for the orange and black hood and the windshield frame. What do you guys think?

2002 Dodge Ram 5.9L 360
2014 Dodge Dart 2.4L

C_stripes

It certainly does look like a challenger. The hood gives it away. I will ad some finds in a wile.  Good find finn
I'm smarter than I act, But I don't act smarter than I am.

C_stripes

Not for sale 68 383 Charger;

68 New Yorker, I don't know who owns this, but I would love to find out.

69 Valiant 2dr post;

This is just a pic from the past (03), Berts 67 B-cuda form S, My 71 Demon 340 clone, My 300 ZX turbo, TJ's Ranger (the one we rolled over shortly after this pics), Seths 78 Bronco.
I'm smarter than I act, But I don't act smarter than I am.

bigred68

A couple of friends and I went to a motorcycle sale today to see the bikes and meet a local radio personality "Maxwell" of "The Maxwell" show (100.7 WMSS Cleveland). This '71 Chally was sitting across the street from the motorcycle place (State 8 Motorcycle Mall). Very nice car although I'm not a huge fan of the 20" wheels! Other pic. is of me with Maxwell.
:cheers:

mikepmcs

I notice you are giving Mr Angry a little love with the hat. :2thumbs:

Nice challenger!
Life isn't Father Knows Best anymore, it's a kick in the face on a saturday night with a steel toed grip kodiak work boot and a trip to the hospital all bloodied and bashed.....for reconstructive surgery. But, what doesn't kill us, makes us stronger, right?

bigred68

Quote from: mikepmcs on March 21, 2009, 05:14:16 PM
I notice you are giving Mr Angry a little love with the hat. :2thumbs:

Nice challenger!
You know it! This pic. fits in a couple different threads, "Spring fever" and "Chargers in the Background" Ha, I just noticed, I'm wearing my Dodge Charger.com shirt also!  :coolgleamA: (theirs actually two!) Can anyone spot the other?

bugsydog

here you go

Finn

Well, I went to check all the finds Ive posted in this thread so far:

The 1969 roadrunner in the field: Talked to the neighbor, seemed pretty nice. He said the owner had sold (it wasn't there when I went to check) but directed me to the proper mailbox in case I wanted to contact him about it or any other cars he might have.

The 1973 charger behind the fence of the storage place: Talked to the person in the office. Kind of a dick. He never told me if he was in charge of the area with the car or not. Him "No this is a storage area, the cars aren't for sale". Me-"Oh, well is there a way of contacting the owner just in case he decided to sell it?", to which he just repeats the previous statement.  :rotz:

The challengers I posted about fairly recent: Success! Talked to the owner of the land they're on. Nice guy, gave me the number of the owner straight away and then let me walk back and take pictures of them.
Unfortunately Im at school for another 3 hours but rest assured they will be up tonight. They are for sale according to the land owner though he had no idea of the price. He was surprised I was able to see them haha.
Anyway, they're both amazingly solid and complete. The "convertible" actually had the roof cut off and was apparently in a movie?

Here are the vin numbers, pics to come soon!

Hardtop: JH23L0Bl86803

"Convertible": JS29N0El08805

According to my googling the second one is an R/T isn't it?
Oh and what does price class "high" mean?
2002 Dodge Ram 5.9L 360
2014 Dodge Dart 2.4L

69bronzeT5

Hardtop: 1970 Challenger 2 Door Hardtop with a 383 2BBL.

"Convertible": 1970 Challenger R/T 2 Door Sports Hardtop with a 383 2BBL.
Feature Editor for Mopar Connection Magazine
http://moparconnectionmagazine.com/

1969 Charger: T5 Copper 383 Automatic
1970 Challenger R/T: FC7 Plum Crazy 440 Automatic
1970 GTO: Black 400 Ram Air III 4-Speed
1971 Charger Super Bee: GY3 Citron Yella 440 4-Speed
1972 Charger: FE5 Red 360 Automatic
1973 Charger Rallye: FY1 Top Banana 440 Automatic
1973 Plymouth Road Runner: FE5 Red 440 Automatic
1973 Plymouth Duster: FC7 Plum Crazy 318 Automatic

Green71R/T

I saw this Chrysler 300? today in Calgary Alberta.I could not get another shot because I had to turn at the next light.Looked like it was in very good condition.

mikepmcs

Did you take a picture from a helo.  You must be up there.
Life isn't Father Knows Best anymore, it's a kick in the face on a saturday night with a steel toed grip kodiak work boot and a trip to the hospital all bloodied and bashed.....for reconstructive surgery. But, what doesn't kill us, makes us stronger, right?

Finn

Sorry I didn't post them last night, it was my birthday and my family wanted to take me out...I just wanted to post pictures dangit lol!
Ill post more when I resize them, gotta go to work right now!

2002 Dodge Ram 5.9L 360
2014 Dodge Dart 2.4L

Green71R/T

Quote from: mikepmcs on March 27, 2009, 11:09:24 AM
Did you take a picture from a helo.  You must be up there.

I was in my deck truck.I cropped the picture to get to the file size so it looks real close.I am still trying to figure out this picture thing.
I is truk drivor-not puter expurt.

Finn

Alright, talked to the seller. He wants to sell them ASAP, he's got one offer from a guy he works with for 10,000 (both of them). That guy has yet to come up with the cash but he'll be meeting with him today for lunch. If it falls through, I get them both for 8,500. I am trying SO hard not to get my hopes up but man, if you guys could say a prayer or cross your fingers or keep your black cats inside that would much appreciated. He'll be calling later today he said to let me know.

Additional info: Both have everything still in them, the R/T has either a new or re-done 383 (I cant remember which:brickwall:) with less then 300 miles on it, granted it hasn't been started in 3 years. Oh and it was in Natural born killer.

This is going to be a long, long day...
2002 Dodge Ram 5.9L 360
2014 Dodge Dart 2.4L

jdiesel33

Best of luck. That will be awesome if this comes thru. Fingers crossed here. Please keep us posted. :popcrn:
1968 Dodge Charger R/T
PP1,Black Hat, Black Stripes

bigred68

:popcrn: Wow, even I'm excited, how cool! GOOD LUCK!! (gonna go rent NBK this weekend!)
:cheers:

mikepmcs

Finn

Whatever you guys did it worked! I Got em :D. Picking them up tomorrow. He said he has old pictures and paper work on them too that he's giving me. More to come, might make a thread for it. Yay!
2002 Dodge Ram 5.9L 360
2014 Dodge Dart 2.4L

69bronzeT5

AWESOME, congrats! Is that a picture of it being used in the movie?
Feature Editor for Mopar Connection Magazine
http://moparconnectionmagazine.com/

1969 Charger: T5 Copper 383 Automatic
1970 Challenger R/T: FC7 Plum Crazy 440 Automatic
1970 GTO: Black 400 Ram Air III 4-Speed
1971 Charger Super Bee: GY3 Citron Yella 440 4-Speed
1972 Charger: FE5 Red 360 Automatic
1973 Charger Rallye: FY1 Top Banana 440 Automatic
1973 Plymouth Road Runner: FE5 Red 440 Automatic
1973 Plymouth Duster: FC7 Plum Crazy 318 Automatic