News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

**Wanted** Red Cap Battery, Red Cap

Started by PlumBad70, July 28, 2005, 05:39:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PlumBad70

Hey everyone, I know someone out there has a couple red caps form there batteries, a buddy of mine has one of his broke and needs one..or does anyone know who makes just the red caps?
Thanks!
Steve
Steve
1970 Charger R/T Sublime
2013 Dodge Ram 1500 hemi 4x4

hemigeno

Not two weeks ago I threw away a repop battery that had all of its caps.  Had it sitting around for 18 months taking up space...  Sorry PlumBad...

PlumBad70

aww crap..figures my luck....Thanks anyway geno

Heres a pic, you can see the broken cap
Steve
1970 Charger R/T Sublime

41husk

Hey Steve,  I called new castle Battery just after the cruize in Collinsville, It is still a battery Co. but they said new castle went under and they don't do that, but they may have some of the caps sitting around if you call.
1969 Dodge Charger 500 440/727
1970 Challenger convertible 340/727
1970 Plymouth Duster FM3
1974 Dodge Dart /6/904
1983 Plymouth Scamp GT 2.2 Auto
1950 Dodge Pilot house pick up

69_500

Which company is it that is reproducing the red cap batteries? surely they have the caps for sale individually.

Just 6T9 CHGR

I know The Paddock has the battery toppers.....they are for the smaller group 24 batts though.  But they have red caps......

Geno shame on you for throwing out that case!!!   I could have used it to put an Optima Gel battery in it!!!  (thats my plan when mine craps out)
Chris' '69 Charger R/T

41husk

New Castle Battery was reproducing them but they went out of buissness, I don't know if anyone else is reproducing them.
1970 Plymouth Duster FM3
1974 Dodge Dart /6/904

bull

New Castle went out of business? How'd that happen?

69_500

Who was the company that was selling the batteries over at Carlisle just a few weeks ago?

hemigeno

Quote from: 6T9_CHARGER_RT on July 28, 2005, 08:36:17 PM
I know The Paddock has the battery toppers.....they are for the smaller group 24 batts though.   But they have red caps......

Geno shame on you for throwing out that case!!!     I could have used it to put an Optima Gel battery in it!!!   (thats my plan when mine craps out)

Chris, you wouldn't have wanted this one.  It was a reproduction "tar top" battery that I bought from New Castle for my 2-ton truck.  It's the style they used back in 1960 - looked way different from the Group 27/24's we're used to.  I think the caps were the same though.  I tripped over that thing for a year and a half, you'd think I would remember a detail like that...  :rotz:

I finally tossed it because after filling w/ acid and charging for a couple of days, it would still barely spin the starter on that truck.  The generic battery that has a case about 1/2 the size of that tar top behemoth works great though.  Go figure...

Just 6T9 CHGR

This is the company that "took over" for New Castle/Turbo Start I think.

So far on their site they only list the Group 24 green & yellow batteries.

Chris (Burnt70R/T) just bought one from them with good results......

http://www.thebattery.com/main/Chrysler-Classic-Collector-Car-Batteries.htm
Chris' '69 Charger R/T

8WHEELER

WOW New Castle went out of business? can't believe that, I have talked to many people in the last week about them and the red capped batterys and none of them said anything either.

I am going to get Chris to put in a new Ultima battery in one of my old red cap cases   :icon_smile_big:
I have never done one myself kind of scared to screw it up  :rotz:  how much Chris  ;D

Dan
74 Dart Sport 360, just for added fun.

bull

Quote from: 6T9_CHARGER_RT on July 29, 2005, 05:40:06 AM
This is the company that "took over" for New Castle/Turbo Start I think.

So far on their site they only list the Group 24 green & yellow batteries.

Chris (Burnt70R/T) just bought one from them with good results......

http://www.thebattery.com/main/Chrysler-Classic-Collector-Car-Batteries.htm

Good thing I only need the yellow capper. Er, I mean, too bad they went out of business.  :icon_smile_dead:

41husk

WoW!!! $250, What was New Castle asking for them?
1970 Plymouth Duster FM3
1974 Dodge Dart /6/904

Just 6T9 CHGR

No....they were at the most $179 for the sealed type and about $125 for the acid filled ones.

I havent actually done the conversion yet but I have pics of one that was done......real simple to do
Chris' '69 Charger R/T

PlumBad70

You thread highjackers!!..lol....Someone help a brotha out :icon_smile_big:
Steve
1970 Charger R/T Sublime

Chris G.

Quote from: PlumBad70 on July 29, 2005, 03:47:23 PM
You thread highjackers!!..lol....Someone help a brotha out :icon_smile_big:

Steve, send me a PM with your addy, and I'll take care of you. :thumbs:

ps- this makes us even for my Carlisle shirt debacle.  :P

PlumBad70

Steve
1970 Charger R/T Sublime

Chris G.

Quote from: PlumBad70 on July 29, 2005, 04:43:37 PM
Thanks Chris, you have mail!   :cheers:

What can I say, I just love helping people ;D :angel:. Can we get a sticky on this thread? C'mon Mods whadda ya say?   :P

69_500

I think I saw a Group 27 battery at their display at Carlisle though. Although they might have just had a mock up there at the show, and not have the red cap batteries available yet. Maybe they are a business like mine, and pretty slow at getting a product out.