News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

I found a possable "M" code super bee ****** Now with pics.******

Started by C_stripes, January 03, 2009, 10:18:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

C_stripes

Hey everyone. I had to go to Montana for work today and happend to notice a mopar out of the corner of my eye. I turn around and go back and here is a 69 super bee that has been beat up beyond repair. The fender tag and vin tag are gone, but as I was looking at it, I notice it is a 4 speed car. The rear end is gone as is the engine and trans. As I am looking at it I notice that it has the little skid plate piece on the K-frame. Isn't that a six pack thing? The car is thrashed. It is an orig Green car with a black stripe. I do have pics and will post them when I get to my house in a few hours. I am thinking that it could be a 440+6 4spd dana car. It is also a post. I wish I had more time to look. But I had to clear over 700 miles today.  Pics coming soon.

Later,  Jeremy
I'm smarter than I act, But I don't act smarter than I am.

WingCharger

Ghoste

Did it have the plates for the four hood pins?

C_stripes

Stupid me did not look to see. There is no hood and no driver front fender. But even if it was a real M code car. How could you prove it and how could you title it?

WingCharger

A12 'Bees are some of my favorite MoPars EVER!

C_stripes

Okay,  I just uploaded the pics on my moms computer and zoomed in and it looks like there is a bracket on the pass side towards the back. Since I put them on the computer. I may as well give them to you too. So here you go.
Jeremy

Sorry that they are not the greatest pics.

Ghoste

Hard to tell from the pic.  There are definitely no hood hinges so that's a possible start.

69CoronetRT

Quote from: C_stripes on January 03, 2009, 10:22:43 PM
Stupid me did not look to see. There is no hood and no driver front fender. But even if it was a real M code car. How could you prove it and how could you title it?

Without the VIN how do you know it's even an original Super Bee?

It has an oval gas filler neck opening which means it's a later built car.
If you see the car again, check the radiator support or trunk rail for the VIN number.
That will tell you the plant of origin. If there is a E or G, it's not an original 6bbl car. (If it's a G plant car, I would appreciate knowing the number)

If there is an A the check the last six digits. This may help narrow down when it was built and you can see if it was built during the time known 6bbls were built.
Seeking information on '69 St. Louis plant VINs, SPDs and VONs. Buld sheets and tag pictures appreciated. Over 3,000 on file thanks to people like you.

Ghoste

C_stripes

I figured it was by the orig black stripe that has been painted over plus the fact of the sway bar and a factory 4spd hump. I doubt I will ever see the car again as it is about 350 miles from here and I have no other reason to ever go there again. I don't know if it is a real bee or not. Thats why i said possable  :icon_smile_big:. But I figured with the stripe, sway bar, four speed hump, and skid plate that it very well could be.

On a side note, it looked as if the fender tag had been taken of recently.

Ghoste

It was a cool old Mopar find no matter what it is Jeremy.  :2thumbs:

C_stripes

Zooming in on the engine bay, it looks to be a heater delete car too.

C_stripes

Quote from: Ghoste on January 03, 2009, 11:27:05 PM
It was a cool old Mopar find no matter what it is Jeremy.  :2thumbs:

Yes,  but sad.  Looks like it is to far gone to save and there is not much there that can even be used. I wouldn't mind the K-frame and front suspension though.

Also sitting there was allot of other cool stuff. He had a 67 GTO 4spd car and a few customs from the 70's. I will post more pics later. There is this weird roadster looking deal with a straight 8 in it and a 30's ford truck with 55 caddy 1/4's grafted on with a totally crazy front end. Last registered in CA in 1973.

C_stripes

Here are more pics. Then I think I am going to bed. Been a LONG day today.

Sublime/Sixpack

Theres some pretty interesting old tin there. It'd be fun to walk through and look around.
1970 Sublime R/T, 440 Six Pack, Four speed, Super Track Pak

tan top

Quote from: C_stripes on January 03, 2009, 11:25:41 PM
I figured it was by the orig black stripe that has been painted over plus the fact of the sway bar and a factory 4spd hump. I doubt I will ever see the car again as it is about 350 miles from here and I have no other reason to ever go there again. I don't know if it is a real bee or not. Thats why i said possable  :icon_smile_big:. But I figured with the stripe, sway bar, four speed hump, and skid plate that it very well could be.

On a side note, it looked as if the fender tag had been taken of recently.

:scratchchin:  could be the fender tag has been removed , because it is a M code car , & the yard owner , did not want the tag to go missing ! 
can't see anyone steeling a coronet    f code    tag   :shruggy:
good pictures  Jeremy , sure would love to have a look around there !
thanks for sharing the pictures :2thumbs:
Feel free to post any relevant picture you think we all might like to see in the threads below!

Charger Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,86777.0.html
Chargers in the background where you least expect them 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,97261.0.html
C500 & Daytonas & Superbirds
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,95432.0.html
Interesting pictures & Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,109484.925.html
Old Dodge dealer photos wanted
 http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,120850.0.html

WingCharger

Being a heater delete, since it is so rare, its tags might be riding on a A12 clone somewhere out there. :rotz:

Sweet find no matter what, and the Imperial (I think?) looks pretty solid too. :2thumbs: :2thumbs: :2thumbs:

jerry

no skid plate on A12 M code cars  in 69. only HEMI CARS??????????? FUEL LINE ON HEMI 3/8. ON   A12 5/16. both have return line. hemi would have frame reinforcing A12 would not.so i would say its either the wrong k- frame,someone added their own or it might be a HEMI car with no tags and probably no papers or a slant six, 318, 383 or 440 car. :Twocents:

C_stripes

It's just south west of Bozeman MT on highway 191 if anyone wants to check it out.

Tilar

This looks like one of the vehicles that funeral homes used to use to carry the flowers.
Dave  

God must love stupid people; He made so many.

hemigeno

Quote from: jerry on January 04, 2009, 09:57:04 AM
no skid plate on A12 M code cars  in 69. only HEMI CARS??????????? FUEL LINE ON HEMI 3/8. ON   A12 5/16. both have return line. hemi would have frame reinforcing A12 would not.so i would say its either the wrong k- frame,someone added their own or it might be a HEMI car with no tags and probably no papers or a slant six, 318, 383 or 440 car. :Twocents:

:iagree:  100%

FJMG

The single battery cooling hole also points to a later build date. Can't quite make out if there is a tach hole in the F/W next to the main disconnect? Someone should go and take pics of the axle bumper so we can kick that around again too! Very cool find C-stripes!
  As a side note, was the 3-spd man. available as a floor shift in 69 B-body?

69CoronetRT

Seeking information on '69 St. Louis plant VINs, SPDs and VONs. Buld sheets and tag pictures appreciated. Over 3,000 on file thanks to people like you.

jerry

Hemigeno, what is a single battery cooling hole?? also look at vin on trunk rail.

jerry

left side radiator support on my april build date 69 SIX BBL road runner has 2 holes. A12 cars have same axle bumpers as 383 super bee and road runners.i have seen some 1 hole radiator supports on late late 69 b-bodies.couldn't make out tach hole.