News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

superbird hood

Started by sound5262, January 05, 2009, 06:03:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sound5262

i'm looking for a hood scoop that is on the "unique superbird hood". i have a fiberglass superbird hood and would like to fit those scoops onto it. neat look. i could use some help in finding them if ya'll would. thanks steve

70daytonaclone

Hey where did you get the fiberglass Superbird hood? and location and price. thanks Stephen

hotrod98

If you're talking about the orange bird with the bulge hood, that's a 70 Coronet R/T hood. I have one that I plan to use on my wife's bird clone, but I haven't seen any complete ones in quite a while. There's five pieces altogether and the inserts are usually missing. I've got around $1000 in my hood including the cost of going and picking it up at the winter Mopar swap meet in Columbia, Mo.
I still have to modify the front edge. That's going to be scary. :scared:

Normal is an illusion. What is normal for the spider is chaos for the fly.
Charles Addams

moparstuart

it will look great on your wifes car though
GO SELL CRAZY SOMEWHERE ELSE WE ARE ALL STOCKED UP HERE

sound5262

stephen, $550.00 from www.showcars-bodyparts.com     rob is his name #905-857-6345    in canada. i just talked to him @ putting the bulge w/scoops on it and will do it for $250.00 more. i got my superbird fenders from him and they are quite nice, very pleased.thanks for the responce, steve

nascarxx29

The RT/ Power Bulge hood has the 2 bolt in bezels .And underneath there are extensions that recieve plastic block offs
1969 R4 Daytona XX29L9B410772
1970 EV2 Superbird RM23UOA174597
1970 FY1 Superbird RM23UOA166242
1970 EV2 Superbird RM23VOA179697
1968 426 Road Runner RM21J8A134509
1970 Coronet RT WS23UOA224126
1970 Daytona Clone XP29GOG178701

BPTRacing

$480 +shipping
Selling all my current toys to build a Twin Turbo Superbird clone "street" car.

BPTRacing

Selling all my current toys to build a Twin Turbo Superbird clone "street" car.

sound5262

thanks for the heads up on the hood. i've got it on order and hopefully will have it in @3 weeks

moparstuart

Quote from: sound5262 on January 06, 2009, 09:08:38 AM
thanks for the heads up on the hood. i've got it on order and hopefully will have it in @3 weeks
are you getting the scoope made into it ????   must post pictures for us 

sound5262

yes, i was told that they had a coronet r/t hood that they were going to make a mold out of. i took him to the "unique superbird "site and showed him the cars. he loved the site and the responces from all you guys and plans on having that hood as part of his options.

moparstuart

Quote from: sound5262 on January 06, 2009, 09:42:58 AM
yes, i was told that they had a coronet r/t hood that they were going to make a mold out of. i took him to the "unique superbird "site and showed him the cars. he loved the site and the responces from all you guys and plans on having that hood as part of his options.
:2thumbs: :2thumbs: :2thumbs:

sound5262

as soon as i get the hood i'll be sending some pics on the fenders as well as the hood.

sound5262

hey stuart, i think i saw a picture you sent in @the convertible birds that was red w/big black hood that appeared to be seamless to the nose. if that is the case........very nice!

moparstuart

not sure which car your talking about ?
  this one has the seam ?  personally i like the orginal look of the seam

sound5262

on the "wing cars in the convertible state" page 6 reply#119. but the pic you just sent really is nice.

moparstuart

Quote from: sound5262 on January 06, 2009, 10:14:22 AM
on the "wing cars in the convertible state" page 6 reply#119. but the pic you just sent really is nice.
oh that is the super charger  a factory show car. 

started life as the topless charger 68 model and got modified in the super charger auto show , show car special .   

hotrod98

Here's the view looking out across the hood. The bulge sits higher than you would expect.

Charles Addams

sound5262

i still think that it is going to be very cool to have that on the hood. it adds so much, to get rid of the flat look.

sound5262

i'm assuming that the scoops can be cut to let air get to the breather. would you recommend that. i have 440 6 pack w/ demon carbs.

hotrod98

As long as you plan to never drive it in the rain....

In fact, seems like you just leave the inserts out and it's open. I would have to look at my hood again to make sure. I know that the bulge inserts have small block off plates of some type mounted in them.

The '70 Coronet owners are going to hate those of us cutting these hoods up.

Charles Addams

moparstuart

Quote from: hotrod98 on January 06, 2009, 02:01:34 PM
As long as you plan to never drive it in the rain....

In fact, seems like you just leave the inserts out and it's open. I would have to look at my hood again to make sure. I know that the bulge inserts have small block off plates of some type mounted in them.

The '70 Coronet owners are going to hate those of us cutting these hoods up.
if his looks good and turns out to fit maybe you should get a fiberglass one .  Saving that nice coronet hood .  :hah: :hah: :hah:

70daytonaclone

I agree I am going with the glass hood with the scoop. nice combonation of factory styling. :Twocents:

hotrod98

I've seen very few aftermarket fiberglass hoods that fit as well as a factory hood.  Nothing personal. I would just have to see how the hood looked and how well it fit before buying one. I'll admit that it would save me a lot of time and money. I just like steel hoods.
I recently bought a 69 six pack hood for a roadrunner from Yearone which I was told by several A12 owners that it was the best on the market. This hood is going to need about eight hours of work or more to please me. If it's the best example, I would hate to see the others.

Charles Addams

moparstuart

Quote from: hotrod98 on January 06, 2009, 05:30:51 PM
I've seen very few aftermarket fiberglass hoods that fit as well as a factory hood.  Nothing personal. I would just have to see how the hood looked and how well it fit before buying one. I'll admit that it would save me a lot of time and money. I just like steel hoods.
I recently bought a 69 six pack hood for a roadrunner from Yearone which I was told by several A12 owners that it was the best on the market. This hood is going to need about eight hours of work or more to please me. If it's the best example, I would hate to see the others.
from what i hear the originals weren't anything to brag on .