News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Moparstuart's Daytona clone project

Started by moparstuart, January 06, 2009, 01:54:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

moparstuart

i had to go with a thinner filter material and it still doesnt fit well under the stock charger hood .
GO SELL CRAZY SOMEWHERE ELSE WE ARE ALL STOCKED UP HERE

sound5262

thanks. has your demons been modified by someone. mine came in one white after market box with blown foam around them for support. i can't remember the guys name that did them. i got them from summit racing. they were new. made a huge difference in the way the car runs.

moparstuart

Quote from: sound5262 on January 09, 2009, 10:27:59 AM
thanks. has your demons been modified by someone. mine came in one white after market box with blown foam around them for support. i can't remember the guys name that did them. i got them from summit racing. they were new. made a huge difference in the way the car runs.
mine came from jegs and I would never have bought them if i knew how much trouble I would have getting them hooked up.  Dont get me wrong they run and perform great. But they were advertised to me as a bolt on replacement , and they are far from that .  :Twocents: :Twocents:

sound5262

a friend of mine got the same one's put on his challenger, they bolted right up-no problems at all-. did not even have to tune them. came allready set from this same place. mine- fuel rail(some issues there) tuning them in(not too bad) other than that- just fine. in fact i may have got mine from jeg's also. just don't remember. way too many parts been ordered and have been received and been put on to keep it all straight. got my headlight motor and front parking lens today. hooray.

moparstuart

Quote from: sound5262 on January 09, 2009, 01:51:23 PM
a friend of mine got the same one's put on his challenger, they bolted right up-no problems at all-. did not even have to tune them. came allready set from this same place. mine- fuel rail(some issues there) tuning them in(not too bad) other than that- just fine. in fact i may have got mine from jeg's also. just don't remember. way too many parts been ordered and have been received and been put on to keep it all straight. got my headlight motor and front parking lens today. hooray.
Our problems were fuel rail (wrong side) , linkage, kick down & throttle cable . And then getting the air cleaner to fit right with the hood .  Those were the major ones .  I'ts basically set up for a GM application and as a second thought bary grant figured he could con some mopar guy into using it . Calling it a mopar six pac bolt on replacement .  It is not a bolt on replacement you have to do alot of fabricating and modifying.   :Twocents:
  The carbs then self are so big the center carb we has to shave the mounting point to get it to fit on the factory style intake manifold

sound5262

barry grant, that's him. i had to cut the orange housing on my 6 pack breather also and put on some gaskets now that you mention it. but oh well, hey it works. the mount i guess is different on a shacker hood. that what my friend has.

moparstuart

Quote from: sound5262 on January 09, 2009, 05:09:53 PM
barry grant, that's him. i had to cut the orange housing on my 6 pack breather also and put on some gaskets now that you mention it. but oh well, hey it works. the mount i guess is different on a shacker hood. that what my friend has.
Barry Grant is demon carb's . He's the owner !!  They are also worthless as  far as customer support. THey told me when they would answer the phone . To box then up and ship them back they could not help me or refer me to one of the thousands of shops who just bolted them on and went.  , I wish i would have boxed them up !! They had sold thousands of them and i was the only one who complained .  Ya right why couldn't they refer me to one of there great speed shop customers who made it work so easy .  :smilielol: :smilielol:  ok rant over  still angry i guess

moparstuart

:popcrn:  nice new seat cover all installed , they actually had dates 1990 legendary covers on them that were already worn out .

moparstuart

:popcrn:

moparstuart

:pity:

moparstuart

:drool5:  new powder coated motor mount brackets

moparstuart

:drool5: motors build time to get the car in the building and get it installed

moparstuart

:drool5: the old mobile home 440 behind the car we rob some brackets off of , was changing out the temp sending unit on the 69 runner that day my high school car.

tan top

good lot of pictures  Stuart ,   :yesnod:   :coolgleamA:
Feel free to post any relevant picture you think we all might like to see in the threads below!

Charger Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,86777.0.html
Chargers in the background where you least expect them 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,97261.0.html
C500 & Daytonas & Superbirds
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,95432.0.html
Interesting pictures & Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,109484.925.html
Old Dodge dealer photos wanted
 http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,120850.0.html

BigBlockSam

can you add one more picture of that seat  :insertsarcasm:

:cheers: what do you figure 11 maybe 12 year project this time  :smilielol: :slap:
I won't be wronged, I wont be Insulted and I wont be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to others, and I require the same from them.

[IMG]http://i45.tinypic.com/347b5v5.jpg[/img

moparstuart

Quote from: BigBlockSam on January 10, 2009, 12:06:55 PM
can you add one more picture of that seat  :insertsarcasm:

:cheers: what do you figure 11 maybe 12 year project this time  :smilielol: :slap:
I hope not , no lack of motivation just cash , oh and there are two seats i just keep alternating them . I was missing one head rest lonnie lost it so he gave me a bench seat one . The post/rods that run down into the seat back are longer on the bench one so I cut it off works just perfectly and fits the same. It doesnt have the same knotches in the rod for a stop when sliding it up and down but I like that it's easy to adjust now.

moparstuart

if you think I repeat picture rene , just wait till i get to the motor and carbs LOL

moparstuart

:popcrn:

BigBlockSam

The motor looks good .  :cheers:  I'm building a similar motor for my challenger . i started with a 73 hp motor . I'm putting the sixpack off the r/t on it. I'm returning the r/t to stock intake and carb .

i have a 74hp motor in my rod . they seem better balanced from the factory then none hp motors . you just have to bump up the compression  and let them breath  to make them work better . what did you bump the compression up to in that motor? in my rod it' 9 1/2 to 1 . in this motor I'm going with 10 to 1 .  I'm building the challenger , like if i built it in the mid 70's . 

keep the pics coming . i luv it Rene
I won't be wronged, I wont be Insulted and I wont be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to others, and I require the same from them.

moparstuart

Quote from: BigBlockSam on January 10, 2009, 04:24:23 PM
The motor looks good .  :cheers:  I'm building a similar motor for my challenger . i started with a 73 hp motor . I'm putting the sixpack off the r/t on it. I'm returning the r/t to stock intake and carb .

i have a 74hp motor in my rod . they seem better balanced from the factory then none hp motors . you just have to bump up the compression  and let them breath  to make them work better . what did you bump the compression up to in that motor? in my rod it' 9 1/2 to 1 . in this motor I'm going with 10 to 1 .  I'm building the challenger , like if i built it in the mid 70's . 

keep the pics coming . i luv it Rene
I pretty sure the 440 source pistons I got are 10 to 1 It's runs great . but i have a 2;76 rear end ratios so you know .

moparstuart

:drool5:

moparstuart

moparstuart

BigBlockSam

Quotebut i have a 2;76 rear end ratios so you know .

your do, i got the same thing going on with my roadrunner . sure makes it sweet to drive on the highway.

hotrod98

Stuart, Great pics.
Seeing your engine go in reminds me. I haven't been driving my 69 runner lately due to the back right header bolt leaking coolant. This is the fresh 383 that I installed this summer. Any idea what the best solution to getting the leak to stop. I've tried the aero gasket sealant that's always worked in the past. I would have loved to have driven the car this last week when the temps were in the 70's. It's such a pain draining the coolant out and pulling that bolt, even on the lift and I don't want to do it over and over. Do they make a high temp teflon tape or something?
Just thought I would ask while I was thinking about it.

Normal is an illusion. What is normal for the spider is chaos for the fly.
Charles Addams