News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Moparstuart's Daytona clone project

Started by moparstuart, January 06, 2009, 01:54:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

moparstuart

Quote from: BigBlockSam on August 08, 2009, 10:14:47 AM
Quotedane emailed me today    hollow wing is finished , all I have to do is send him the rest of the money and its on the way  2thumbs

i thought were gonna use your solid wing  :shruggy:
had a guy who really wanted my solid wing bad , he wanted it bad enought hemade me an offer i could nt refuse , just about the time dane was making another run of the hollow ones .
So i sold mine and send dane a big deposit on the hollow one.  Now it's ready will post picutres when here .
GO SELL CRAZY SOMEWHERE ELSE WE ARE ALL STOCKED UP HERE

BIRD67

Moparstuart, I gotta ask you, what is the size of those Cragar Wheels? I don't understand backspacing and offset but I really dig the wide rim look on the rear..
I will not make any deals with you. I've resigned. I will not be pushed, filed, stamped, indexed, briefed, debriefed or numbered. My life is my own. I resign. -Number 6, The Prisoner

R.I.P. Matthew Fraser 4/30/10

BigBlockSam

QuoteSo i sold mine and send dane a big deposit on the hollow one.  Now it's ready will post picutres when here .

you won't regret it  :slap:
I won't be wronged, I wont be Insulted and I wont be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to others, and I require the same from them.

[IMG]http://i45.tinypic.com/347b5v5.jpg[/img

moparstuart

Quote from: BigBlockSam on August 08, 2009, 08:16:52 PM
QuoteSo i sold mine and send dane a big deposit on the hollow one.  Now it's ready will post picutres when here .

you won't regret it  :slap:
dane shipped it today    should be here friday

BigBlockSam

I won't be wronged, I wont be Insulted and I wont be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to others, and I require the same from them.

hotrod98

:boogie: :boogie: :boogie: :boogie:

I love my new wing. Now you're gonna be just like me and Rene. The cool cloners. Now I gotta find me a steel nose. :coolgleamA:

Did I mention that the entire family has agreed with me and we're re-painting the Daytona red with a black wing and stripe.  :icon_smile_big:

Normal is an illusion. What is normal for the spider is chaos for the fly.
Charles Addams

moparstuart

Quote from: hotrod98 on August 18, 2009, 06:34:45 PM
:boogie: :boogie: :boogie: :boogie:

I love my new wing. Now you're gonna be just like me and Rene. The cool cloners. Now I gotta find me a steel nose. :coolgleamA:

Did I mention that the entire family has agreed with me and we're re-painting the Daytona red with a black wing and stripe.  :icon_smile_big:

stop changing stuff on yours so you can get to working on mine

hotrod98

Building this black 69 runner has made me dislike black even more. I just had a guy ask me to paint his Camaro black. Of course I said no.
Now I have to work on my color. I didn't like the red that I started with way back when.

Charles Addams

BigBlockSam

QuoteDid I mention that the entire family has agreed with me and we're re-painting the Daytona red with a black wing and stripe.  icon_smile_big

:faint:

hotrod98

Charles Addams

nascarxx29

1969 R4 Daytona XX29L9B410772
1970 EV2 Superbird RM23UOA174597
1970 FY1 Superbird RM23UOA166242
1970 EV2 Superbird RM23VOA179697
1968 426 Road Runner RM21J8A134509
1970 Coronet RT WS23UOA224126
1970 Daytona Clone XP29GOG178701

hotrod98

Red with a black wing is one of my favorite Daytona combos. Always has been.
It's kind of a shame to change the color on a triple black R/T SE but whoever owns the car after I'm gone can change it back. At least that's the way I look at it. I kept all of the original parts that I removed and the next owner will get them with the car whenever the car is sold.
Like I've said many times..."we don't really own these cars, we're just temporary caretakers".

Charles Addams

BigBlockSam

it's a women's prerogative to change her mind  :smilielol:

moparstuart

Quote from: BigBlockSam on August 19, 2009, 12:35:02 PM
it's a women's prerogative to change her mind  :smilielol:
sometimes he's worse then a woman changes his mine alll the time .  :D :D :D :D ::)

hotrod98

I resemble that remark.

I'm really not looking forward to sanding that big old car for repaint. I keep telling myself that the black base/clear is just the final coat of primer that needs to be blocked out before the final color goes on. I need to get it into the booth before the next customer car is ready for paint.
I totally forgot about having to remove the engine to repaint the engine bay.  :brickwall:

Charles Addams

BigBlockSam

we gotta change the over , under on when his car will be done now

hotrod98

:icon_smile_big:

If I end up building Stuart's Daytona clone, I'll make a bet with you right now that mine will be finished before his.  :nana:

Charles Addams

moparstuart

Quote from: hotrod98 on August 20, 2009, 12:48:45 AM
:icon_smile_big:

If I end up building Stuart's Daytona clone, I'll make a bet with you right now that mine will be finished before his.  :nana:
yeah cause i'm broke

:D   but it's ready to have the rear convertion done at least , then i'll drive it untill i can afford to complete my nose .

hotrod98

I think most of us are sort of broke right now. Not much liquidity.
My money is tied up in property, musclecars, IRA's and a 401K.  :'(

Charles Addams

moparstuart

Quote from: hotrod98 on August 20, 2009, 10:10:10 AM
I think most of us are sort of broke right now. Not much liquidity.
My money is tied up in property, musclecars, IRA's and a 401K.  :'(

my 401 is cut in half ,

BigBlockSam

Quotemy 401 is cut in half ,

my 401k is gone  :rotz:

moparstuart

Quote from: BigBlockSam on August 20, 2009, 12:09:04 PM
Quotemy 401 is cut in half ,

my 401k is gone  :rotz:
but you have a sweet blue super bee

BigBlockSam

Quotebut you have a sweet blue super bee

do you mean the one that's in pieces in my driveway . i should have her back together today . i dig that car so much but she's been a hand full

moparstuart

Quote from: BigBlockSam on August 20, 2009, 12:23:08 PM
Quotebut you have a sweet blue super bee

do you mean the one that's in pieces in my driveway . i should have her back together today . i dig that car so much but she's been a hand full
larry sold you a clunker  :D :D

BigBlockSam

Quotelarry sold you a clunker  Cheesy Cheesy

he didn't know . when you bring a car back to the road that has been sitting for a long time , stuff brakes but this car won't stop .
like today . i got it all back  together she's running good and holding temp again . i look down at the steering box. looks like the seal's leaking .   :brickwall:  i've already replaced the power steering pump and hoses .
i'm scared to think wants next . :shruggy: