News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Moparstuart's Daytona clone project

Started by moparstuart, January 06, 2009, 01:54:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

69bronzeT5

Feature Editor for Mopar Connection Magazine
http://moparconnectionmagazine.com/

1969 Charger: T5 Copper 383 Automatic
1970 Challenger R/T: FC7 Plum Crazy 440 Automatic
1970 GTO: Black 400 Ram Air III 4-Speed
1971 Charger Super Bee: GY3 Citron Yella 440 4-Speed
1972 Charger: FE5 Red 360 Automatic
1973 Charger Rallye: FY1 Top Banana 440 Automatic
1973 Plymouth Road Runner: FE5 Red 440 Automatic
1973 Plymouth Duster: FC7 Plum Crazy 318 Automatic

moparstuart

So when i upgraded and bought my new hollow daytona wing from dane , I sold off my old solid dane aluminum wing to my buddy jim cordell .  He is a former real daytona owner having saved one of those waisted away canadian cars .  He painted it white and put a/c init . Then sold it and it has since been put back original copper .

Well anyway here is what he did with my former wing .   :drool5: :drool5: :drool5: :drool5:
GO SELL CRAZY SOMEWHERE ELSE WE ARE ALL STOCKED UP HERE

moparstuart

more   :drool5: :drool5: :drool5:

nascarxx29

1969 R4 Daytona XX29L9B410772
1970 EV2 Superbird RM23UOA174597
1970 FY1 Superbird RM23UOA166242
1970 EV2 Superbird RM23VOA179697
1968 426 Road Runner RM21J8A134509
1970 Coronet RT WS23UOA224126
1970 Daytona Clone XP29GOG178701

moparstuart

:popcrn: :popcrn:

moparstuart

:popcrn:

xs29j8Bullitt

Quote from: moparstuart on April 20, 2010, 04:25:08 PM
Well anyway here is what he did with my former wing .   :drool5: :drool5: :drool5: :drool5:

Looks good... I have a solid cast wing that I will probably sell after getting one of Dane's repros... the solid wing is a heavy sucker!  :eek2:
After 8 years of downsizing, whats left...
1968 Charger R/T, Automatic, 426 Hemi
1968 Polara 4Dr Sdn, Automatic, 440 Magnum
1968 Polara 4Dr HT, Automatic, 383
1969 Charger 500, 4 Speed, 440 Magnum
1969 Daytona, Automatic, 440 Magnum
1969 Road Runner, 4 Speed, 426 Hemi
1970 `Cuda, Automatic, 440-6BBL
1970 Challenger T/A, Automatic, 340 6 Pack
2004 Ram, Automatic, 5.7L Hemi
2009 Challenger SRT8, Automatic, 6.1L Hemi
<This Space Reserved for a 2016 Challenger SRT Hellcat, 8Sp Automatic,

moparstuart

Quote from: xs29j8Bullitt on April 20, 2010, 04:42:23 PM
Quote from: moparstuart on April 20, 2010, 04:25:08 PM

Looks good... I have a solid cast wing that I will probably sell after getting one of Dane's repros... the solid wing is a heavy sucker!  :eek2:
yes it looks good and if i didnt get the solid one sold so easy i would have used it . But now seeing the hollow one and how exact it looks i'm really glad i bought it instead .

hotrod98

Stuart, who's solid wing is here at my shop? I'm guessing it's Lonnie's. I have it stored with one of my real Superbird wing. They're getting along just fine.
I loved the hollow wing that I used on the Daytona clone.
The reality of no longer having my Daytona clone is finally starting to hit me.  ;D

Normal is an illusion. What is normal for the spider is chaos for the fly.
Charles Addams

moparstuart

Quote from: hotrod98 on April 20, 2010, 04:53:43 PM
Stuart, who's solid wing is here at my shop? I'm guessing it's Lonnie's. I have it stored with one of my real Superbird wing. They're getting along just fine.
The reality of no longer having my Daytona clone is finally starting to hit me.  ;D

yes that is mopar hounds wing not mine , you have my hatch , my nose brackets ,my wing brackets and my lid close out panel . I think thats all you have of mine .

moparstuart

scored a couple parts this weekend

scored a daytona NOS park light lens  , I didnt really need one this nice but I did need just one so I had to have it .
Hemi geno was great to send me a pair of used len's for free .  Since i got them for free even tho i would need them someday  , when wayne perkins hit a deer a couple years ago in the Hemi 99 daytona  I donated one to him for the cause .  So now I have replaced it .  I had bought a nice set of valiant park light assembles from a friend of  a friend buddy deal for 20.00 but they had no len's .  Now they are all complete again .

moparstuart

my other great score was a set of head light doors for my daytona clone

moparstuart

:popcrn:

nascarxx29

New project hope it all comes together for you :2thumbs: :2thumbs:
1969 R4 Daytona XX29L9B410772
1970 EV2 Superbird RM23UOA174597
1970 FY1 Superbird RM23UOA166242
1970 EV2 Superbird RM23VOA179697
1968 426 Road Runner RM21J8A134509
1970 Coronet RT WS23UOA224126
1970 Daytona Clone XP29GOG178701

41husk

Quote from: hotrod98 on April 20, 2010, 04:53:43 PM

I am sorry you are missing it, but I promiss I am taking real good care of it!!!!!
1969 Dodge Charger 500 440/727
1970 Challenger convertible 340/727
1970 Plymouth Duster FM3
1974 Dodge Dart /6/904
1983 Plymouth Scamp GT 2.2 Auto
1950 Dodge Pilot house pick up

moparstuart

My other buddy stan mcguire from iowa who is also building a daytona clone called me a couple weeks ago looking for wing washers

I had an extra set of the non stamped generic ones like i'm using and he wanted them .  He mentioned he had a super nice 70 charger hood so i bought it .

My buddy wayne perkins is headed to Iowa this week to pick up the hood while he is getting his superbird back after some wiring and induction modifications being made at a shop up there . Should have hood pictures soon .

I am also told that stans daytona clone is headed for a body man's shop  who is a member here on the board and has daytona experience . Not sure what all stan is having done but look forward to seeing his completed project  . He bought a partial project daytona clone out of texas a year or so ago .

moparstuart

Quote from: nascarxx29 on September 05, 2011, 05:22:42 PM
New project hope it all comes together for you :2thumbs: :2thumbs:
well really a long term project still no real money to throw at it untill i sell a car or two .   I collect small things here and there as i can afford them .

I did also finally pick up my beat up nose from rick edward when i was in indy a month ago so at least its here now  , but loaned out to curt for measuring and soon may be loaded out again to howie for another measuring and nose creation project  .

moparstuart

With the bad economy and no extra cash this project has been on the way back burner , but recently parts have been cinda falling in my lap on the cheap or for free so i gathered some of my deals together to get pictures to post. All these parts have come to me in the last couple months .  Along with the park lite lens , hood , headlight doors and getting my nose picked up all in the last month . Maybe this project will get done before i kick off.

moparstuart

this is a steel grille frame a buddy made for me

moparstuart

my valiant park lights  a friend of a friend sold me for 20.00

moparstuart

moparstuart

the one used lens I have left that hemi geno and vance gave me  ( thanks again geno )  the other one is back on the road in a hemi daytona . 

moparstuart

:drool5:

moparstuart

:popcrn: scored some hood turn signals on ebay for 60.00

moparstuart

:drool5: my buddy tom ferry , former owner of the black ice superbird that larry roper now owns  was awesome and sent me some freebees a nice care package from alaska

most importantly the vaccuum actuators for my headlights   .   A couple old popular mechanic mags from 68 and 69 , a hlp switch vacuum piece and I think a 70 hlp motor .  Any hlp motor experts out there  ???