News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Holley Fuel Line Issue

Started by Moparbob, January 17, 2009, 10:54:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Moparbob

Quote from: firefighter3931 on January 17, 2009, 08:33:15 PM
Bob, i see the clearance....but in that pic it looks like the vacuum advance can would contact the fuel line if you tried to move the distributor....which you might have to do to set the base timing.  :yesnod:

Ron

Ok Mr expert,, your right  :rofl: How ya like dis set up? Distributer spins about 180 and its about 1 1/2 inches off the cap. :2thumbs:

Bob Norris
www.moparbob.com

God Bless America.

flyinlow

O.K. Bob,

Here is the picture . This is all secret stuff.

Put the coil vertically on the inner fender. Carry a spare coil wire with you , forever.

Fuel line is insulated on inner fender . This will work will a holley if you reverse the dual line use a short piece of rubber fuel lin to connect. Change the rubber parts every 4th of July.

Remember, secret stuff, don't tell anyone with a Chevy.

firefighter3931

Quote from: Moparbob on January 17, 2009, 09:01:40 PM
Bob, i see the clearance....but in that pic it looks like the vacuum advance can would contact the fuel line if you tried to move the distributor....which you might have to do to set the base timing.  :yesnod:

Ron

Ok Mr expert,, your right  :rofl:

:haha: I was just trying to point you in the right direction Brother Bob.  :icon_smile_big:  I was worried that we would be getting a  :brickwall:  post about not being able to adjust the timing when you fired this puppy up for the cam break-in.  ;)

The re-bent carb connection is fine....just where it needs to be, but :

Have a look at your lower supply line....it looks like the alternator belt will be crossing paths with your fuel line. Another issue to solve.  :scratchchin:

Ok, here's the cure. You need to bend your lower output/discharge line like the one in this pic. This places the inline fuel filter in a vertical position beside the timing cover and allows for a strait-up extension to the carburator.  :yesnod:

Ron
68 Charger R/T "Black Pig" Street/Strip bruiser, 70 Charger R/T 440-6bbl Cruiser. Firecore ignition  authorized dealer ; contact me with your needs

Moparbob

Quote from: flyinlow on January 17, 2009, 09:38:25 PM
O.K. Bob,

Here is the picture . This is all secret stuff.

Put the coil vertically on the inner fender. Carry a spare coil wire with you , forever.

Fuel line is insulated on inner fender . This will work will a holley if you reverse the dual line use a short piece of rubber fuel lin to connect. Change the rubber parts every 4th of July.

Remember, secret stuff, don't tell anyone with a Chevy.

Now your talkin! If anyone asks me Ill tell em to buy a ford  :rofl:
Bob Norris
www.moparbob.com

God Bless America.

Moparbob

Quote from: firefighter3931 on January 17, 2009, 09:39:51 PM
Quote from: Moparbob on January 17, 2009, 09:01:40 PM

Ron

Ok Mr expert,, your right  :rofl:

:haha: I was just trying to point you in the right direction Brother Bob.  :icon_smile_big:  I was worried that we would be getting a  :brickwall:  post about not being able to adjust the timing when you fired this puppy up for the breakin.  ;)

Have a look at your lower supply line....it looks like the alternator belt will be crossing paths with your fuel line. Another issue to solve.  :scratchchin:

Ok, here's the cure. You need to bend your lower output line like the one in this pic. This places the inline fuel filter in a vertical position beside the timing cover and allows for a strait-up extension to the carburator.  :yesnod:

Ron

Got it  :2thumbs: I need to get this thing fired but 6 degrees yesterday and 4 this morning kept me out of the shop except for photos  :rofl:
Bob Norris
www.moparbob.com

God Bless America.

firefighter3931

Quote from: Moparbob on January 17, 2009, 09:51:59 PM

Got it  :2thumbs: I need to get this thing fired but 6 degrees yesterday and 4 this morning kept me out of the shop except for photos  :rofl:

Dang, that's pretty cold for down there ! I lived in N Va years ago and it rarely got that cold. Today's "local" temp in the great white north was -20  :P

6* is perfect for breaking in a new cam....no worries of overheating.  :icon_smile_big:

Ron
68 Charger R/T "Black Pig" Street/Strip bruiser, 70 Charger R/T 440-6bbl Cruiser. Firecore ignition  authorized dealer ; contact me with your needs

Moparbob

Quote from: firefighter3931 on January 17, 2009, 09:58:18 PM
Quote from: Moparbob on January 17, 2009, 09:51:59 PM

Dang, that's pretty cold for down there ! I lived in N Va years ago and it rarely got that cold. Today's "local" temp in the great white north was -20  :P

6* is perfect for breaking in a new cam....no worries of overheating.  :icon_smile_big:

Ron

Yea well the new cam will have to wait  :popcrn:    :nana:
Bob Norris
www.moparbob.com

God Bless America.