News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Holley Fuel Line Issue

Started by Moparbob, January 17, 2009, 10:54:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Moparbob

Well I finally got a manifold and gettin ready to bold er on then I see the Holley 750 fuel rail aims right at the distributer! Is it supposed to connect there? (just kidding)  :hah:  Whats the common work around without using just rubber fuel lines?
Bob Norris
www.moparbob.com

God Bless America.

The70RT

I have always just bent it a little to squeeze by  :shruggy:. Maybe they make different ones. I was always a bit leary about being close. Maybe bradded steel would be better.
<br /><br />Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Moparbob

Thanks,

I have a braided steel one that I want to connect to the end of the pipe but are you saying one all the way from the carb? Well,, two into one. Any pics of folks work would be appreciated.
Bob Norris
www.moparbob.com

God Bless America.

Charger-Bodie

I would reccomend the Fabulous Fab lines......or you could turn the line you have around so it comes in from the rear of the carb.
68 Charger R/t white with black v/t and red tailstripe. 440 4 speed ,black interior
68 383 auto with a/c and power windows. Now 440 4 speed jj1 gold black interior .
My Charger is a hybrid car, it burns gas and rubber............

firefighter3931

The fabulous fabrication lines are excellent !

If you're using the Chrome dual feed line it helps to use a 1in carb spacer.....that's how i've allways set them up. The spacer does 2 jobs ; first and most importantly it insulates the carb to prevent vapor lock/fuel boiling and secondly it helps with distributor clearance. :yesnod:

What manifold are you using Bob ?

Ron

Ps. Here's a pic of mine....notice the raised carb positioning. This allows for a fuel line to be routed around the distributor. It's close but it fits.
68 Charger R/T "Black Pig" Street/Strip bruiser, 70 Charger R/T 440-6bbl Cruiser. Firecore ignition  authorized dealer ; contact me with your needs

Runner

you can use this style line,  it will give you more room and versatility http://store.summitracing.com/partdetail.asp?autofilter=1&part=HLY%2D34%2D150&N=700+115&autoview=sku   i have this on my daughters 440 with a fuel line coming in the front and i also have one for my wifes 383, waiting for the 3310 i ordered to get here so i can install it ( replacing a 600 holley)

this is what i run on my roadrunner, this is the better set up imo http://store.summitracing.com/partdetail.asp?autofilter=1&part=RUS%2D641090&N=700+400081+115&autoview=sku     

71 roadrunner 452 e heads  11.35@119 mph owned sence 1984
72 panther pink satellite sebring plus 383 727
68 satellite 383 4 speed  13.80 @ 102 mph  my daily driver
69 superbee clone 440    daughters car
72 dodge dart swinger slant six

Moparbob

Quote from: firefighter3931 on January 17, 2009, 01:15:36 PM
The fabulous fabrication lines are excellent !

If you're using the Chrome dual feed line it helps to use a 1in carb spacer.....that's how i've allways set them up. The spacer does 2 jobs ; first and most importantly it insulates the carb to prevent vapor lock/fuel boiling and secondly it helps with distributor clearance. :yesnod:

What manifold are you using Bob ?

Ron

Ps. Here's a pic of mine....notice the raised carb positioning. This allows for a fuel line to be routed around the distributor. It's close but it fits.

Thanks,,

Im using a holley 750 with a Torquer (first gen) intake, Its about an inch from the bulge hood so its pretty up there.

Pics coming
Bob Norris
www.moparbob.com

God Bless America.

Moparbob

Bob Norris
www.moparbob.com

God Bless America.

Runner

if you use either line i posted it would work fine, especially with a 45 degree nipple.    i think the fabulous fab lines look really nice,   something a could could make up easily enough.    what do they charge for them?   i tried to find a web sight with a fuel line price but didn't find anything

71 roadrunner 452 e heads  11.35@119 mph owned sence 1984
72 panther pink satellite sebring plus 383 727
68 satellite 383 4 speed  13.80 @ 102 mph  my daily driver
69 superbee clone 440    daughters car
72 dodge dart swinger slant six

Charger-Bodie

If I remember right I paid around 40.00 For mine in stainless steel.
68 Charger R/t white with black v/t and red tailstripe. 440 4 speed ,black interior
68 383 auto with a/c and power windows. Now 440 4 speed jj1 gold black interior .

firefighter3931

Greg @ Fabuous Fabrications can be reached at 303-666-9882 & he is located in Colorado. I've been asking him to post in the Vendors forum for awhile now....hopefully he will soon.  :2thumbs:

Ron
68 Charger R/T "Black Pig" Street/Strip bruiser, 70 Charger R/T 440-6bbl Cruiser. Firecore ignition  authorized dealer ; contact me with your needs

mikepmcs

Bob, you really need to do yourself a favor and get the Fabulous Line from Greg.  One thing you need to check is the fitting size for the holley 750. I had to order the correct 5/16's fitting from summit not 1 week ago.  Or you can get the 3/8's lines I believe and you should be all set with the holley factory fittings.  If you go with stock 5/16's though you will need to step the fittings down and you won't find them at Advance or Trak Auto or the local in Virginia.  Of course you could drive up to Andrews AFB and right across the street from the main gate is a Speed Unlimited and I bet they have them.  I don't know how far you are from NOVA/DC though.

The holley number for the correct 5/16's fitting is hly 26-27(summit).
Life isn't Father Knows Best anymore, it's a kick in the face on a saturday night with a steel toed grip kodiak work boot and a trip to the hospital all bloodied and bashed.....for reconstructive surgery. But, what doesn't kill us, makes us stronger, right?

firefighter3931

Greg also sells a full 3/8in line kit so you don't have to mess with smaller carb fittings.  ;)

Ron

Moparbob

Quote from: mikepmcs on January 17, 2009, 03:05:41 PM
Bob, you really need to do yourself a favor and get the Fabulous Line from Greg.  One thing you need to check is the fitting size for the holley 750. I had to order the correct 5/16's fitting from summit not 1 week ago.  Or you can get the 3/8's lines I believe and you should be all set with the holley factory fittings.  If you go with stock 5/16's though you will need to step the fittings down and you won't find them at Advance or Trak Auto or the local in Virginia.  Of course you could drive up to Andrews AFB and right across the street from the main gate is a Speed Unlimited and I bet they have them.  I don't know how far you are from NOVA/DC though.

Hey,

Yea looks pretty neat except I don't really like the brass fitting. I could make one of those myself as we have the flaring tools and you can buy 3/8 chrome (toilet tank fill line) at the hardware store. I have an idea,,,,, BRB
Bob Norris
www.moparbob.com

God Bless America.

Moparbob

Ok,

A little tweaking and I think were good to go  :2thumbs:

Bob Norris
www.moparbob.com

God Bless America.

The70RT

Yeah that's what I did a time or two. You may get some criticism but at least you can run it now till you get another line if it matters  :2thumbs:

Moparbob

Quote from: The70RT on January 17, 2009, 06:14:37 PM
Yeah that's what I did a time or two. You may get some criticism but at least you can run it now till you get another line if it matters  :2thumbs:

I'm to big to criticize  :rofl: It it looks neat and is a clean install, thats all that matters to me.  :2thumbs:
Bob Norris
www.moparbob.com

God Bless America.

Just 6T9 CHGR

Chris' '69 Charger R/T

The70RT

Looks like the only drawback is you have to remove the line to get the valcovers off?

Charger-Bodie

Quote from: The70RT on January 17, 2009, 07:36:54 PM
Looks like the only drawback is you have to remove the line to get the valcovers off?

Nah, It just looks that way from that angle.

firefighter3931

Quote from: Moparbob on January 17, 2009, 06:17:05 PM

I'm to big to criticize  :rofl:

Ok, here's my critisism BIG GUY  :nana: :lol: > whatchya gonna do when you need to rotate the distributor to adjust the timing ?  ;)  See any potential problems there ?  :scope:

Ron

Moparbob

Quote from: firefighter3931 on January 17, 2009, 08:24:35 PM
Quote from: Moparbob on January 17, 2009, 06:17:05 PM

I'm to big to criticize  :rofl:

Ok, here's my critisism BIG GUY  :nana: :lol: > whatchya gonna do when you need to rotate the distributor to adjust the timing ?  ;)  See any potential problems there ?  :scope:

Ron

Yo!
The pic doesn't show it but its clear by an inch at least all around. Sure doesn't seem like many options for this motor as far as routing cool fuel lines.  :P
Bob Norris
www.moparbob.com

God Bless America.

firefighter3931

Bob, i see the clearance....but in that pic it looks like the vacuum advance can would contact the fuel line if you tried to move the distributor....which you might have to do to set the base timing.  :yesnod:

Ron

Charger-Bodie

Quote from: Moparbob on January 17, 2009, 03:13:03 PM

Hey,

Yea looks pretty neat except I don't really like the brass fitting. I could make one of those myself as we have the flaring tools and you can buy 3/8 chrome (toilet tank fill line) at the hardware store. I have an idea,,,,, BRB

Just an FYI about that brass fitting...Its very similar to the one used on factory six-pack lines, there for looks right at home on any mopar.

Moparbob

Quote from: 1hot68 on January 17, 2009, 08:40:49 PM
Quote from: Moparbob on January 17, 2009, 03:13:03 PM

Hey,

Just an FYI about that brass fitting...Its very similar to the one used on factory six-pack lines, there for looks right at home on any mopar.

No Worries bro, may end up making one of those. Was hoping for some fancy thing that would increse horspower and cut off  a second or two in the quater mile
Bob Norris
www.moparbob.com

God Bless America.