News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Where to find the carb #

Started by Spartan, November 03, 2005, 07:48:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Spartan

Where can I find the carb # on a Carter AVS?   The tag is not on it, I am trying to find a choke pull-off and finally found one but I cannot find a number that matches anything in my reference book on it.   I replaced it last year from the 2 bbl it came with.   It is a 383 automatic (w/ air but that does not matter I think).   The manifold that came with it was hemi orange and it was from a 69 so I am guessing it was from a road runner and it was a HP (it had the firing sequence on the casting).   Anyway, the guy says w/o the numbers he won't take a return on it so I would like to figure it out somehow but none of my carb #'s looked even close to the book.  

Thanks for the help.
Over?! its not over until we say it is! Was it over when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor?!...Hell no! and its not over now!..(Germans? Pearl Harbor?...shut up, he's on a roll)

Chryco Psycho

the # is stamped into the base of the carb in front of the right front mounting hole to the manifold

8WHEELER

It is stamped into the bottom base plate as Neil said here is an example.

Dan
74 Dart Sport 360, just for added fun.

Spartan

Excellent,  Thanks guys. I'll get that number off there.
Over?! its not over until we say it is! Was it over when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor?!...Hell no! and its not over now!..(Germans? Pearl Harbor?...shut up, he's on a roll)

Spartan

A little success here, left me a little confused when reading my resto book though.  Number came off as a 4615 SA.  That is in my resto book for a 383 in 69.  The confusing part is the book states its for a 4 speed tranny,  I have mine on an auto.  Maybe its not a big deal,  when I changed over from a 2bbl a bought the linkage etc all separate.  I am not sure what the difference is from a 4615 to a 4616 (that is for an auto) but if the choke pull-off is the same, I am in business.

Ghoste

One difference is in the low speed jet and the diameter of the step up rods.   Minor diffs but the manual setup is slightly richer.   Everything else should be the same.

Spartan

Thanks Ghoste.  Looks like I am in business :)