News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Now I know this can't be right........

Started by Spartan, November 03, 2005, 08:44:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Spartan

I just got my "new" rear defroster for the 69. I don't know how many of you read and follow all my remedial and 1st charger questions and all the little options I am adding to my car.  I know its not keeping it "stock" but I feel I owe her some of this stuff for the years I did not have the resources to do anything with her.  Most of the stuff I have added are little things people never see, like the lighting options, tic/toc-tac, or larger ones like swapping out a 2 for a 4 barrel etc.  The rear defrost is probably the biggest thing to date I will tackle myself.  I purchased an NOS defrost switch off e-bay (said it was out of a 70 so it should be correct for the 69) and bought the blower, wiring and bezel from a junkyard (they sent me a bonus too, a frickin' hornet flew out when I opened the stupid thing up  :flame:).  The bezel actually looks like the right color for my back window,  the problem I see now is the blower and mounting plate are entirely black (and gritty).   I am sure this can't be right.  I am guessing someone did an Earl Sheib/HLAPG resto job and painted everything the same color.  Anyone have a pic of what it is really supposed to look like/what paint color to use?  I am a bit of a detail freak and will probably clean and repaint everything to make it correct. It is supposed to work but will have to test it.

Also, anyone have any DIM's where to locate the switch on the dash?  I know its left of the AC controls but have not seen any numbers how far off etc.

Thanks, and sorry for the endless # of questions,  I am leaning something every day though :)
Over?! its not over until we say it is! Was it over when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor?!...Hell no! and its not over now!..(Germans? Pearl Harbor?...shut up, he's on a roll)

Ghoste

I don't know the answer but there was a thread on here some time ago about rear defrosters and someone had pictures of the switch in their car.  If you can find the thread and the poster, that person should be able to help you.

Spartan

Over?! its not over until we say it is! Was it over when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor?!...Hell no! and its not over now!..(Germans? Pearl Harbor?...shut up, he's on a roll)