News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

JUST RECEIVED AMD QTRS , UPDATED PICS , ALMOST DONE

Started by daytonalo, January 26, 2009, 09:58:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

daytonalo

As some of you know I operate a small restoration shop in southern NJ and have a 68 Roadrunner that was hit in the rear driving to a car show many years ago . The car needs everything from the doors back , roof is fine . I just wanted to say that my 5000 dollar  order from AMD was money well spent , the metal is OEM thickness , not tissue paper thin like Goodmark , it truly is a new day !!!!

69chargerR/T

Let us know how they fit, and what you think of the fit and how the install is :2thumbs: I need qtrs for my charger,want to know how the AMD stuff is :2thumbs: I'll be watching :popcrn:  Alan

daytonalo

MORE PICS

69bronzeT5

Feature Editor for Mopar Connection Magazine
http://moparconnectionmagazine.com/

1969 Charger: T5 Copper 383 Automatic
1970 Challenger R/T: FC7 Plum Crazy 440 Automatic
1970 GTO: Black 400 Ram Air III 4-Speed
1971 Charger Super Bee: GY3 Citron Yella 440 4-Speed
1972 Charger: FE5 Red 360 Automatic
1973 Charger Rallye: FY1 Top Banana 440 Automatic
1973 Plymouth Road Runner: FE5 Red 440 Automatic
1973 Plymouth Duster: FC7 Plum Crazy 318 Automatic

daytonalo

68 ROADRUNNER REAR ENDED @ 60 MPH !!! LOOKS PRETTY GOOD WITH A 67 GTO QTR SKIN ?

daytonalo

MORE PICS

mikepmcs

Nice, keep them pictures coming Larry, if you have time that is. :2thumbs:
Life isn't Father Knows Best anymore, it's a kick in the face on a saturday night with a steel toed grip kodiak work boot and a trip to the hospital all bloodied and bashed.....for reconstructive surgery. But, what doesn't kill us, makes us stronger, right?

69bronzeT5

Feature Editor for Mopar Connection Magazine
http://moparconnectionmagazine.com/

1969 Charger: T5 Copper 383 Automatic
1970 Challenger R/T: FC7 Plum Crazy 440 Automatic
1970 GTO: Black 400 Ram Air III 4-Speed
1971 Charger Super Bee: GY3 Citron Yella 440 4-Speed
1972 Charger: FE5 Red 360 Automatic
1973 Charger Rallye: FY1 Top Banana 440 Automatic
1973 Plymouth Road Runner: FE5 Red 440 Automatic
1973 Plymouth Duster: FC7 Plum Crazy 318 Automatic

daytonalo

AutoRust

Did you get the new rear frame rails from AMD ?
I have a customer that wants to have a set installed, wondered the quality of the Chinese metal?
Nothing to see here folks, its just a Bluesmobile

daytonalo

Waiting on the frame rails and outer wh , Amd is not tooled up on the frame rails , so I believe they are Goodmark crap .

AutoRust

Quote from: daytonalo on January 29, 2009, 10:51:17 AM
Waiting on the frame rails and outer wh , Amd is not tooled up on the frame rails , so I believe they are Goodmark crap .

Guess I am confused then. He shows them in his catalog, but he doesnt have them yet? Or he is buying them from Goodmark?
Do you think there is that much difference in the quality between AMD and Goodmark?

daytonalo

I was confused and was getting jerked off , as you mentioned they have them in catalog but don't have them , after digging found out the out WH and rails are coming from Goodmark . I was told they are in tooling .

Larry

AutoRust

Are you getting them from Goodmark, or waiting for AMD? Or getting used ones?

daytonalo

From Goodmark , they where shipped from Goodmark on tuesday , guess what they are lost in shipping

daytonalo

The problem is this Cupcake , We looked @ two rear clips , and they needed qtrs , t-floor , ext , inners , outers , so what do you have at the end of day ??? A rusted out rear clip that needs everything . Here is a few pics of frame rails . One more thing , AMD has very nice parts , but the QTRS where shipped in cardboard and the top got a little tweaked .

daytonalo

MORE PICS -2-9-09

daytonalo

MORE PICS

jerry

nice, is it my eyes or do i see a big in your face repo wrong part on that 68?

69 charger man

dang.. those parts seem to fit nice... i do see a later 69-70 rear crossember( oval instead of circle), but still nice parts.. i cant wait till my 69's get new metal..
-ray

69*F5*SE

Some good work going on there. Keep it coming.   :2thumbs:

Hemidog

Quote from: 69*F5*SE on February 09, 2009, 09:31:06 PM
Some good work going on there. Keep it coming.   :2thumbs:
:iagree: that is looking good! lots of new metal!

daytonalo

To the neg people out there  AMD only offered one crossmember for 68-70 , please free to spend 100 k to tool up for 68

Charger-Bodie

Larry , Did they let you take that orange jump suit home from prison? Or did you buy it at a garage sale?

By the way , Its looking Really good!!
68 Charger R/t white with black v/t and red tailstripe. 440 4 speed ,black interior
68 383 auto with a/c and power windows. Now 440 4 speed jj1 gold black interior .
My Charger is a hybrid car, it burns gas and rubber............