News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Hip Hopper to promote Jeeps

Started by Spike, July 28, 2005, 09:05:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Spike

At a time when the popularity of SUVs is waning, the new Jeep Commander -- which the Chrysler Group will launch today at the Jefferson North Assembly Plant in Detroit -- will be rolled out with an urban, hip-hop marketing campaign.

Missy (Misdemeanor) Elliott is featuring the vehicle in her new video, "Lose Control," and a Chrysler official confirmed that the automaker is in negotiations to expand her promotion of the SUV in an effort to paint a street-smart attitude for the vehicle.

Chrysler is working with Elliott to create 30 seconds of unique music that is going to be featured in the first launch spot for the Commander, which is to hit dealerships in September, and footage of her is expected to be integrated in the advertisement, according to a source familiar with the talks. The person wished to remain anonymous to avoid jeopardizing the negotiations.

more.. http://www.freep.com/money/autonews/missy28e_20050728.htm

TheGhost

Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups.  Especially if they have access to the internet.

69_500

couldn't they have picked someone else other than her.

Dale The Bold

I've always held a strong dislike for inner city men of average levels of fortitude putting extensive effort into presenting themselves as threatening.  I am annoyed particularly with the bent-wrist gesture this subculture has created and frequently gets put to use in such things as rap videos and television interviews.  One could postulate a theory that they are emphasizing and exaggerating their own masculinity in order to secure their social status as powerful heterosexual males when, in fact they may not be.

That's a politically scrubbed up version of what I posted in another similar thread.  Maybe the point will be clearer now that it's all softened.
Matt. 14:8 (KJV) "And she, being before instructed of her mother, said, 'give me here John Baptist's head in a Charger.'"

mustanghater

I thought I saw that in the background, I think thats the best looking jeep they make
New Muscle car forum
http://usav8.com/aamc/index.php
www.myspace.com/spencespeed

MyMopar

Frackin crazy.   Real Jeeps are built not bought and that stupid Commander has entered the market too late.   The prototype was WAY better (sound famliar?).

Best Jeep Ever

Ok so I am biased

psykicpup

Quote from: Dale The Bold on July 28, 2005, 11:01:36 PM
I've always held a strong dislike for inner city men of average levels of fortitude putting extensive effort into presenting themselves as threatening.   I am annoyed particularly with the bent-wrist gesture this subculture has created and frequently gets put to use in such things as rap videos and television interviews.   One could postulate a theory that they are emphasizing and exaggerating their own masculinity in order to secure their social status as powerful heterosexual males when, in fact they may not be.

That's a politically scrubbed up version of what I posted in another similar thread.   Maybe the point will be clearer now that it's all softened.

Missy Eliott was a girl last time I looked tho...... ;)
my daughter & boyfriend 'Sunny Sunday'

DFPA and proud of it!

TheGhost

Best Jeep ever.  The original.  All others are posers.

Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups.  Especially if they have access to the internet.

MyMopar

You got me Ghost.   :yesnod:

I'd like one of them in my garage, along side my Charger.  2 classics!