News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

chargers in canada?

Started by generalfan01, July 28, 2005, 09:37:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

generalfan01

hey guys i have heard that there are alot of chargers in canada for cheaper money than here in the states? is that true and does anyone know of any? thanks

Chargerguy74

Being a canadian I would say false. Sure there are some cheap rust buckets as a result from the canadian winters, salted roads, etc.... if your into those.
WANTED: NOS or excellent condition 72-74 4 speed shifter boot for bench or centre armrest car, part number 3467755. It's a rubber boot that looks like it's sewn up leather.

WANTED: My original 440 blocks. Serial # 2A188182 and 3A100002

generalfan01

nope im not, but do you know of any 69's for sale or 68s? thanks

IBsmokin

Yah as a canadian resident I would have to say definately false, I had to buy a charger from vermont and another from texas just so I can save money.

Chargerguy74

Haven't seen any 2nd gens for sale.......project cars that is.
WANTED: NOS or excellent condition 72-74 4 speed shifter boot for bench or centre armrest car, part number 3467755. It's a rubber boot that looks like it's sewn up leather.

BigBlockSam

Yea but ya got great beer.    :cheers:
I won't be wronged, I wont be Insulted and I wont be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to others, and I require the same from them.

[IMG]http://i45.tinypic.com/347b5v5.jpg[/img

Chargerguy74

Ghoste

The only good Chargers up here all came from the US and if you can find out what the people who told you they are cheap up here are smoking, I want some.
WAAAAAAY more money!

plum500

I'll echo all those comments. Especially here in NS. Though, we do have the beer ;}

Drache

I've been looking into alot of 2nd gen Chargers, projects, parts, and restorations and I would have to say they are WAY more expensive here than down in the states. You might be able to pick a 3rd Gen project car for about $2000 but anything 2nd gen is way more than that! I've seen a rusty shell of a '69 go for $1000-1500!
Dart
Racing
Ass
Chasing
Hellion
Extraordinaire

Ghoste

That's cheap Drache.  I've seen rollers going for 5 grand.  For that much you still had to do a LOT of bodywork and panel replacement and then find everything that was bolted on the car.  Interior, drivetrain, trim, the whole works.

Drache

Quote from: Ghoste on July 29, 2005, 08:54:32 AM
That's cheap Drache.   I've seen rollers going for 5 grand.   For that much you still had to do a LOT of bodywork and panel replacement and then find everything that was bolted on the car.   Interior, drivetrain, trim, the whole works.

I was talking about a roller that didn't have one good piece of body panel on it and a rusted our rear frame.
Dart
Racing
Ass
Chasing
Hellion
Extraordinaire

Ghoste

Either way it's just insane isn't it?

69_500

The only cars I've seen for sale up in Canada are complete rust buckets, unless they have already been completely restored. And the ones weren't any cheaper than a rusty car here in the states.

Dodge Don

There weren't many Chargers left up here to start with and then with the muscle car boom beginning in the 80's alot of what was left went down to the USA....stronger US $ meant cheaper at that time. Plus alot of cars got hauled down to Carlyle or The Nats to get big $$. I had to buy mine in the USA and haul it up here.

The only caveat to that is because there is so much land up here (bigger than the USA) with 10% of the population....there are definitely hidden gems out there in the wilderness.

69_500

I agree that there are still cars to be found up in Canada. The last few project 500's and Daytona's i've come accross have been up that way. Just haven't made my way up to check them out to see how bad they really are.

Ghoste

The other funny thing is that of all those cars that went down to the US to be sold for big bucks, most of them were likely brought up here from the southern US in the 80's because ours were all rusted out.

Drache

Ours get rusted out because of our rainy springs and the salt they throw on the roads during the winter. Canadian MOPARs can pull some good prices but you can still find an ok project for a fair price as long as you aren't in any hurry.
Dart
Racing
Ass
Chasing
Hellion
Extraordinaire

Ghoste

Quote from: Drache on July 29, 2005, 09:50:48 PMyou can still find an ok project for a fair price as long as you aren't in any hurry.

Which is the best advice for almost any purchase anywhere.

Chargerguy74

Quote from: Ghoste on July 29, 2005, 10:51:25 PM
Quote from: Drache on July 29, 2005, 09:50:48 PMyou can still find an ok project for a fair price as long as you aren't in any hurry.

Damn straight

Drache

Quote from: Ghoste on July 29, 2005, 10:51:25 PM

See I know this from experience! I bought a Charger just to own one without looking at the whole car. I found out that I bought a very large project and sold it to someone who had the money to accuatlly could restore it.
Dart
Racing
Ass
Chasing
Hellion
Extraordinaire

B Bodyman

:yesnod:,there are alway's the exception's to the rule,ask member Firefighter,he acquired a super clean '70 charger R/T last fall,FC7,white top/interior,U code,white tail stripe,and hood blackout,I mean a killer body on this car,and an all canadian ,from day1 car,came out of the Kingston area,we're not sure if the engine is matching,as he just stashed it 'til his '68 is done,the intake is all wrong,came with one of them 6 pack thingy's,and we drove her onto the trailer,,I won't say what he paid for it,but they do exist,plus another buddy of mine just bought a primo 69 F8 green with tan bucket interior,only a 318 car,but needing some minor lower 1/4 work,it is a complete driver,1 owner car,,he bought it locally around ottawa for $3k cad. about 6 weeks back now,I'm a mopar bodyman and I've been over both cars,and Ron's is outstanding and Rob's was a steal also.even tho' alot lesser optioned car.