News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Update: Chris Loudens' funeral arrangements

Started by mack, February 06, 2009, 07:49:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mack

Hey Guys,

Chris' dad wanted me to thank you all for the prayers, thoughts, and kind words. Chris will be at Berryhill Funeral home in Huntsville, Alabama. Visitation will be from 5:00-8:00 pm on Saturday. His funeral will be Sunday at 3:00 in the afternoon. Again, Thanks

NHCharger

Mack, I'm not a computer geek. Could you see if there is a web page for the funeral home where we could send our prayers and condolences?

Found it but can't seem to locate any place to leave a message.

72 Charger- Base Model
68 Charger-R/T Clone
69 Charger Daytona clone- current moneypit
79 Lil Red Express - future moneypit
88 Ramcharger 4x4-moneypit in waiting
2014 RAM 2500HD Diesel

69bronzeT5

"Could you see if there is a web page for the funeral home where we could send our prayers and condolences?"

I'd like to do that.

Feature Editor for Mopar Connection Magazine
http://moparconnectionmagazine.com/

1969 Charger: T5 Copper 383 Automatic
1970 Challenger R/T: FC7 Plum Crazy 440 Automatic
1970 GTO: Black 400 Ram Air III 4-Speed
1971 Charger Super Bee: GY3 Citron Yella 440 4-Speed
1972 Charger: FE5 Red 360 Automatic
1973 Charger Rallye: FY1 Top Banana 440 Automatic
1973 Plymouth Road Runner: FE5 Red 440 Automatic
1973 Plymouth Duster: FC7 Plum Crazy 318 Automatic

RD

what about financial contributions to assist with funeral costs, etc.?
67 Plymouth Barracuda, 69 Plymouth Barracuda, 73 Charger SE, 75 D100, 80 Sno-Commander

mack

Hey RD,

I talked to Chris' dad about the funeral expense. He (Chris) didn't have any life insurance. But, we think there are enough assets to cover everything. I'll let you know. Thanks for you concern. Mack

cbw

Hi, I'm Cheryl. I worked with Chris at Wholesale Trophies. He was just as nice day in / day out as I can tell you all knew him to be here. We really miss him terribly.

A couple of you have asked where you could write online condolences. Once the funeral home posts his obituary on the website, there will be a link from the obituary to sign a guest book. I don't know why it's not on the website yet, but I'm sure it will be soon. The web address is www.berryhillfh.com.

His obituary was in the Huntsville Times today. Here's a link to that: http://obits.al.com/huntsville/DeathNotices.asp?Page=Lifestory&PersonId=123844097. I'll quote it at the end of this message.

The funeral today was sad, of course. His family does seem to be holding up okay though. For all the believers in this group, I want you to know Chris was a Christian. That's a comfort to me that I wanted to share with you.

Here's the obituary:

Christopher D. Louden
Died Feb. 5, 2009
Chris Louden, 42, of Ardmore passed away at his residence Thursday. He was preceded in death by his son, James Robert; daughter, Abigail Lea; mother, Sandra; grandparents, Robert and Jeannette Louden; and grandfather, Melvin Lamb. He is survived by his father, Jerry Louden; MaMaw, Mildred Lamb; brothers, Jamie, Scott, and Brian; special friend, Beth; many aunts, uncles, and cousins; and a host of family and friends. Chris was an avid car lover and an active member of the Huntsville Plastic Modeler's Society and the Tennessee Valley Mopar Club. Funeral services will be at 3 p.m. today at Berryhill Funeral Home. Burial will be at Locust Grove Cemetery. Pallbearers will be Mack Thomas, Andy Brezinski, Dave White, Steve Buckner, Andy Lowery, Jimmy Fly, Peter Shreeves, and Stan Eastep.

RD

QuoteThe funeral today was sad, of course. His family does seem to be holding up okay though. For all the believers in this group, I want you to know Chris was a Christian. That's a comfort to me that I wanted to share with you.

praise be to God!!! I was so hoping for that and prayed to our Lord to accept Chris into salvation.  I am so glad that he is a Christian.  I say "is" as its an eternal life, not a earthly one.

Chris!!! Hold me a seat buddy!!!
67 Plymouth Barracuda, 69 Plymouth Barracuda, 73 Charger SE, 75 D100, 80 Sno-Commander

TruckDriver

PETE

My Dad taught me about TIME TRAVEL.
"If you don't straighten up, I'm going to knock you into the middle of next week!" :P

skip68

Not to hijack this but, it said his son and daughter preceeded him in death.  :shruggy: Anybody know anything? Very, very sad.  :'(

Mrs.Skip68 ;)
skip68, A.K.A. Chuck \ 68 Charger 440 auto\ 67 Camaro RS (no 440)       FRANKS & BEANS !!!

mack

Hey Skip 89,

Chris had a little boy that was still born, a couple of years later they had a little girl that was premature, she lived about twelve days. Those times were hard on Chris, they took there toll. In a couple of days I would like to share a few final thoughts with you all about Chris. He was a good guy. Thanks, Mack