News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Check out my new ride!!

Started by 71440bee, July 28, 2005, 10:54:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Charger_Fan

Quote from: 71440bee on July 29, 2005, 11:42:23 AM
Hey no problem. I forget names 2 seconds after someone tells me but I rarely forget a Mopar. Why is that :icon_smile_approve:?
I'm glad I'm not the only one with that problem. :icon_smile_big:

Great looking GTX! I had a 72 400 Satellite a few years ago & I'm still pissed I sold it.
BTW, I noticed Road Runner decals on there too...was a previous owner having an identity crisis?

The Aquamax...yes, this bike spent 2 nights underwater one weekend. (Not my doing), but it gained the name, and has since become pseudo-famous. :)

71440bee

Quote from: CHARGER_FAN on July 29, 2005, 03:01:51 PM
Hey no problem. I forget names 2 seconds after someone tells me but I rarely forget a Mopar. Why is that :icon_smile_approve:?

Great looking GTX! I had a 72 400 Satellite a few years ago & I'm still pissed I sold it.
BTW, I noticed Road Runner decals on there too...was a previous owner having an identity crisis?

The 72 is a RR GTX so you get the RR decals and the GTX badges. Sort of weird but that is how they came. Thanks for all the :thumbs: on the car. Appreciate it!

71440bee

Quote from: 41husk on July 29, 2005, 02:00:47 PM
  Its almost as hard to find a understanding woman as it is a good deal on a mopar :'(

I think the woman part is allot harder to find. Mine has been understanding so far but the keeper limit is at three. I am trying to squeeze it to 4. We will see.   :devil:

You just have to tell her you can't get rid of one untill you are sure the new one is good enough to be called a keeper. Then sell one. or not perhaps!  :icon_smile_blackeye:

PlumBad70

Steve
1970 Charger R/T Sublime
2013 Dodge Ram 1500 hemi 4x4

RD

Quote from: 71440bee on July 29, 2005, 03:33:16 PM

The 72 is a RR GTX so you get the RR decals and the GTX badges. Sort of weird but that is how they came. Thanks for all the :thumbs: on the car. Appreciate it!

totally correct.   due to the gas/insurance problems, plymouth decided to run the GTX as an option to the roadrunner cars only.

oh and the car is fricken beautiful!
67 Plymouth Barracuda, 69 Plymouth Barracuda, 73 Charger SE, 75 D100, 80 Sno-Commander

Paul G

Very nice! I almost had a 72 GTX. We went to look at it in Ohio (I live in Indiana) and the guy crashed it right before my eyes. So I bought my 73 Charger instead.
1972 Charger Topper Special, 360ci, 46RH OD trans, 8 3/4 sure grip with 3.91 gear, 14.93@92 mph.
1973 Charger Rallye, 4 speed, muscle rat. Whatever engine right now?

Mopars Unlimited of Arizona

http://www.moparsaz.com/#

Charger_Fan

Quote from: 71440bee on July 29, 2005, 03:33:16 PM

Now that you say that, I sorta recall hearing that before.
That piece of my memory was probably re-programmed with "how to install left sock" or something. :crazy: :icon_smile_big:

The Aquamax...yes, this bike spent 2 nights underwater one weekend. (Not my doing), but it gained the name, and has since become pseudo-famous. :)

TheGhost

Damn, man!  I love those cars!  I prefer the 71 styling, but, still, she's a beauty!
Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups.  Especially if they have access to the internet.

chrisII

Quote from: 41husk on July 29, 2005, 02:00:47 PM
  Its almost as hard to find a understanding woman as it is a good deal on a mopar :'(

guess i got lucky a couple months ago , when the night i had picked up my charger, a mopar chick i had ben chasing for 2 years called me an asked to see me...the rest is history. her dad has like 20 classic mopars, so till i pass him up i doubt she would ever complain...well that is as long as my next project is a demon for her    :)     some days a guy just gets lucky. i think that was the king of my lucky days

69_500

Great looking find. I hope that you got a decent price on the car, with the way that car prices have been lately. Seems that every car is selling for 10 fold what it was just 3 years ago.

dart3404

2fast4u

Dude!!!!   You are Soooooo lucky!  I would love to have THAT car!!  72's are rarely seen and when you do thay are either trashed or severly modified!!    You have GOT to put that in a Magazine man!!!!!!!!   Completely awesome ride man!!!   congrats!!!   :musik010: :2thumbs:
DODGE CHARGER--Fuel for Living!

71440bee

Quote from: 69_500 on July 29, 2005, 07:55:42 PM
Great looking find. I hope that you got a decent price on the car, with the way that car prices have been lately. Seems that every car is selling for 10 fold what it was just 3 years ago.

I think it was a fair price for a low production clean correct car. It wasn't cheap though and you are right about prices. I went to Carlisle which use to be a great place to get deals on cars and prices were crazy. The only deals were on undesirable cars.

Thanks again for all the :2thumbs: on the car!!!!!!

mopar_madman

AWESOME car love the black and white color combo also. great find!  :icon_smile_big:
1973 Dodge Charger
1968 Plymouth Road Runner
1971 Dodge Dart Swinger

MoparYoungGun