News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

About to paint my General lee opinion on color?

Started by mopar0166, February 18, 2009, 07:48:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mopar0166

To all the General lee owners out there, what is better for a general lee hugger orange or hemi orange.  looks like the hugger is  depper orange then the hemi orange??

any advice before i order paint would be awesome    :cheers:

BlueSS454

Tom Rightler

skip68

I was in the same boat last year.  I like the Hugger orange better.  To me, it's the only color I would ever use on a GL.    :2thumbs:
skip68, A.K.A. Chuck \ 68 Charger 440 auto\ 67 Camaro RS (no 440)       FRANKS & BEANS !!!

mopar0166

jaak

From what I've read on the net you have 4 choices...
-Hemi Orange (Mopar)
-Hugger Orange (GM)
-Corvette Flame Red (GM)
-Big Bad Orange (AMC)

I think for the show, they just used what was on hand, you can see color variance on the show. I read somewhere, the movie cars were all painted Big Bad Orange.

Like you said.....decisions.

Good Luck,
Jason

Mike DC

The Georgia mechanics (first few episodes) say they did a couple early cars with factory Mopar Hemi Orange.  But they decided it looked too dark and reddish, even more so on 35mm film that the TV crew was shooting.  So they quickly switched to a brighter and a bit less reddish Corvette color, and resprayed the few Hemi Orange cars with it: 

The vast, vast majority of the TV show cars were 1974-76 "Corvette Flame Red" (Also called "Corvette Orange Flame").   It's sorta similar to Home Depot's common orange shade on all their signs & logos.

-----------------------------------------------------

The 2005 movie cars were AMC's 1970 "Big Bad Orange" which is very close to the above Corvette color.  This one's got a tiny bit more red in it than the 'Vette color, but not as much as Hugger or Hemi orange.

kentuckycharger

Hugger Orange is what I went with..Looks Great!

mopar0166

Great feedback! Im still looking into this!    I have also been looking into a 1 step urethane enamel paint to make it a little easier on me.  any opinions on that as well?

chargerkid01

If you can wait when I get home from school and work tonight I have the paint codes for the General Lee

mopar0166

chargerkid01

This is the link I got them from http://209.43.123.28/build/paincode.html

Paint code from 1 of the remaining 17 real Generals
(DAV2764)
C-70-WA-4667

Code from the reunion movie
MAE69982A
breakdown
Code                Color                        Cumulative parts
M118             Tinting                         23.6
M120             Tinting                         66.8
M114             Light CH                       442.0
M130             Orange                         957.2
M103             Mixing C                       4340.8
M102             Drier                            4420.8

MAE69982A ALT.-D
Breakdown

M111            Trans Par           69.2
M119            Hi- Hidin             114.4
M107            lead free            191.2
M153            Red shade          362.8
M152             organic             852.0
M154             organic             2097.2
M103             Mixing C            4080.0
M102             Drier                 4160.0

That is all the info I have hope it helps.