News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

trans slipage

Started by darkside, November 06, 2005, 08:48:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

darkside

What does this sound like.I have a 727 in my charger and when i first start it ,when its cold and i put it in gear it slips a little at first then its fine.after its warmed up it never does it. it only does this at take off.I changed the filter and such.When i first bought the car it was on jack stands for about a yr.

rt green

could be a shrunk o ring or seal some where in the valve body, or a pump getting weak. when you start it up tomorrow, start it in nutral, your pump will not turn while it is in park. this will start to warm up the trans oil sooner, and get you buy untill you tear down your trans.    that is why you have to put it in nutral when you check trans fliud.      try some lucas additive. its pretty good stuff
third string oil changer

Runner

sounds like about 90 percent of all 727s and  904 trannys out there including fresh trannies. i wouldnt give it a second thought. just let it warm up a second in nuetral first. all 4 of mine do it. 2 727s and 2 904's

71 roadrunner 452 e heads  11.35@119 mph owned sence 1984
72 panther pink satellite sebring plus 383 727
68 satellite 383 4 speed  13.80 @ 102 mph  my daily driver
69 superbee clone 440    daughters car
72 dodge dart swinger slant six

cudaken

Darkside, did you check the fliud level? Could be that simple, my Daytona has a small leak. When I put it in gear and its low does the same thing. As the fluid warms it expanse and slipage goes away.

I have nere has a 727 slip that there was nothing wrong with it Runner.

Ones I have had go bad sliped between 1st and 2nd.

Cuda Ken                     
I am back

Just 6T9 CHGR

Mine does that as well.  I believe the front pump does not "run" in park to charge the clutches.  It "pumps" in neutral.

I let mine "pump" for a few seconds in neutral to charge the trans
Chris' '69 Charger R/T

Ghoste

Your converter drains back slowly into the pan and as mentioned, it doesn't fill in "park".  While it's warming up, let it run in "neutral" for a moment.  If you are still having the problem after following this procedure, then you have some other issue.

John_Kunkel

The problem of converter drainback and the associated slippage are so well known that a couple of aftermarket firms market a manual valve to allow the converter to refill in Park.

The "no cost" alternative is a few seconds in Neutral as prevuiosly suggested.
Pardon me but my karma just ran over your dogma.

cudaken

I was going off a stock converter. I had the same thing in the Cuda when I went with a 3500 stall. Valve took care of it as well.

Devil is in the details.

Cuda Ken
I am back

darkside

The fluid is fine in the car and its a stock converter.