News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Whose Bananna DAYTONA is this ?

Started by GeneralLeeTESH, February 24, 2009, 04:51:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

hemigeno

It's Mario from Michigan's former car, last I heard the owner was in Georgia but the car was being sold on consignment through Beverly Hills Motorcars.  Been for sale a while now, and the price keeps dropping - it's come down a lot since it was F/S at Carlisle a few years back.

nascarxx29

1969 R4 Daytona XX29L9B410772
1970 EV2 Superbird RM23UOA174597
1970 FY1 Superbird RM23UOA166242
1970 EV2 Superbird RM23VOA179697
1968 426 Road Runner RM21J8A134509
1970 Coronet RT WS23UOA224126
1970 Daytona Clone XP29GOG178701

moparstuart

man that seems cheap for a 4 speed daytona 
GO SELL CRAZY SOMEWHERE ELSE WE ARE ALL STOCKED UP HERE

mauve66

ssshhhhhhhhh!!, another 90K drop and its in my price range............................. :2thumbs: :2thumbs: :2thumbs:
Robert-Las Vegas, NV

NEEDS:
body work
paint - mauve and black
powder coat wheels - mauve and black
total wiring
PW
PDLKS
Tint
trim
engine - 520/540, eddy heads, 6pak
alignment

Dave Kanofsky

"God sent his Son into the world not to judge the world, but to save the world through him." John 3:17, NLT

Racers For Christ Chaplain (www.teamrfc.org)

73TXRallye440

wow i remember that guy asking $200k last year!

hemi68charger

I get emails from the broker every now and then... IIRC, it has a fiberglass nose? There are tons of things that need to be addressed on the car, that's for sure, it alas, it's a real 4-speed Daytona.........

hctub: when you had it, was the wing there and if so, was it a real one, not a reproduction?
Troy
'69 Charger Daytona 440 auto 4.10 Dana ( now 426 HEMI )
'70 Superbird 426 Hemi auto: Lindsley Bonneville Salt Flat world record holder (220.2mph)
Houston Mopar Club Connection

tan top

yeah lots of things not to my liking either , but if i had the dough would buy it in a instant :yesnod:   :drool5:
Feel free to post any relevant picture you think we all might like to see in the threads below!

Charger Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,86777.0.html
Chargers in the background where you least expect them 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,97261.0.html
C500 & Daytonas & Superbirds
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,95432.0.html
Interesting pictures & Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,109484.925.html
Old Dodge dealer photos wanted
 http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,120850.0.html

BigBlockSam

I won't be wronged, I wont be Insulted and I wont be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to others, and I require the same from them.

[IMG]http://i45.tinypic.com/347b5v5.jpg[/img

Old Moparz

Quote from: mauve66 on February 24, 2009, 06:54:15 PM
ssshhhhhhhhh!!, another 90K drop and its in my price range............................. :2thumbs: :2thumbs: :2thumbs:

I'll be watching & waiting too.   :lol:
               Bob                

I Gotta Stop Taking The Bus

mauve66

hemi68charger, i'm not in the market and can't really see alot due to the pics but when you say "needs a ton of things addressed"  do you mean for a "correct" car or just to make it presentable??

just wondering on viewpoints so i can learn more as we go, (i'm playing the lottery soooooo...........)
Robert-Las Vegas, NV

NEEDS:
body work
paint - mauve and black
powder coat wheels - mauve and black
total wiring
PW
PDLKS
Tint
trim
engine - 520/540, eddy heads, 6pak
alignment

triple_green

So motor and tranny not original. Fiberglass nose, what else?

I say $80K.....
68 Charger 383 HP grandma car (the orignal 3X)

Aero426

Quote from: triple_green on February 25, 2009, 11:09:55 PM
So motor and tranny not original. Fiberglass nose, what else?

I say $80K.....

Tough to touch any running driving Daytona for that, even with issues.    A solid R4 auto Daytona needing restoration but with tag and build sheet just sold for very close to the 79k ask.    That car had a non numbers engine and needed nose work.     

moparstuart

I think this car is well worth the 106k  asking price .  4 speed cars just dont go for that price.  NON matching #'s or not . I think the color is hurting it alittle but still a steal at this price   :Twocents: :Twocents:

PocketThunder

Quote from: moparstuart on February 26, 2009, 09:40:40 AM
I think this car is well worth the 106k  asking price .  4 speed cars just dont go for that price.  NON matching #'s or not . I think the color is hurting it alittle but still a steel at this price   :Twocents: :Twocents:

No way hose A.  that is one of the best colors out there!   :drool5:
"Liberalism is a disease that attacks one's ability to understand logic. Extreme manifestations include the willingness to continue down a path of self destruction, based solely on a delusional belief in a failed ideology."

moparstuart

Quote from: PocketThunder on February 26, 2009, 10:21:48 AM
I think this car is well worth the 106k  asking price .  4 speed cars just dont go for that price.  NON matching #'s or not . I think the color is hurting it alittle but still a steel at this price   :Twocents: :Twocents:

I thought T7 was your favorite color   :smilielol: :smilielol: :smilielol:   Maybe  a white stripe might make the yellow POP .

pettybird

Quote from: moparstuart on February 26, 2009, 10:25:00 AM
Quote from: PocketThunder on February 26, 2009, 10:21:48 AM

I thought T7 was your favorite color   :smilielol: :smilielol: :smilielol:   Maybe  a white stripe might make the yellow POP .

meh...I really like white stripes (even the band) but one on a Y2 car looks a little washed out.

triple_green

THink they would take my Hemi Chally Vert Clone as a trade in?

:icon_smile_big:

hctub

The wing was on the car and it was real.  Here is the picture of the first time I saw it in Vegas when I went to buy the wrecked Bird.

Quote from: hemi68charger on February 25, 2009, 07:44:41 AM
I get emails from the broker every now and then... IIRC, it has a fiberglass nose? There are tons of things that need to be addressed on the car, that's for sure, it alas, it's a real 4-speed Daytona.........

hctub: when you had it, was the wing there and if so, was it a real one, not a reproduction?

triple_green

So the silver one with the 68 front end is this car? When was it restored and was it a quality job?

hctub

If you are asking me, I don't know.  I ended up with the car years later.  I got it from Colin Young in Washington state.  It had a nose on it then but the car was still not very nice.  I traded it to Lou Whitfield for his 69 Charger RT.