News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Tranny line clearance for TTI headers

Started by CHARGIN68, November 07, 2005, 11:40:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

CHARGIN68

I'm finally getting around to installing my TTI headers on the 383 with 727 transmission. I'm finding eveything to clear beautifully except the transmission lines going to the radiator. Any thoughts on how to solve this? Can I bend the existing lines? Should I get some new ones and if so, where? Thanks for any help. Hope to get this car rumblin' again soon.
:icon_smile_wink:

471_Magnum

Had the same problem.

I ended-up massaging my lines a bit to get them to clear.
"I can fix it... my old man is a television repairman... he's got the ultimate set of tools... I can fix it."

cudaken

Stock lines, I thought DFS 68 was the last 68 383 Charger was the last stock one out there, ;D I had to cut and bend a little. Front line cripped when I started to bend it. Had to cut it out and replaces a 2 foot section, well that was the easy point to get at.

With luck I did not have you should be fine. To bad I dont have PIC any longer of the problem.

Cuda Ken
I am back

CHARGIN68

What do you think the best way to bend the line is, without creating a kink?  Maybe replacing a chunk of line with the right bend in it is the way to go. Was it difficult to get the new 2' section in there. 

Thanks

cudaken

Might see if you can get a tube bender up in there. Other than that I don't know what to tell you. Yes, it was a bite in the a-s.

Cuda Ken
I am back