News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

New 69 Tailight lenses

Started by WMIF, February 27, 2009, 03:27:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

WMIF

I am thinking/planning on making some new tailights for my 69.  I want LED lighting, but I don't like the LED conversions I have seen.  I want a solid bar of lights just like the factory halogen bulbs make using the reflectors.  I have chosen the red LEDs I want to use, but I also want to use amber LEDs for a turn signal.  The problem there is that the stock lenses are red plastic.

So here is my question to you guys: Is anyone else interested in new cast lenses?  If I go forward with this, I will be making a mold for each side, and then I will be able to reproduce many more from these molds.  I am thinking myself to go with a slight smoke tint in the clear plastic, but I could do a purple lens if someone wanted it. :)

I am not looking to make money off this at all, just cover materials plus a few bucks to help cover the cost of the silicon for the mold.  If no one is interested, I will probably use plaster for the mold instead.  It doesn't produce as many pieces, but it is much cheaper.

James
69 Charger
440 in front of T56