News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

making my fuel gauge read right

Started by meanmarine, March 01, 2009, 04:48:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

how to make it work right?

fuel gauge
2 (66.7%)
gauges
1 (33.3%)

Total Members Voted: 3

maxwellwedge

Quote from: 1hot68 on March 29, 2009, 06:17:32 PM
Quote from: 69chargerR/T on March 29, 2009, 01:25:10 PM
Quote from: 1hot68 on March 11, 2009, 04:26:17 PM
I ordered one of the new Frank Batelsen units today. I will report my findings when I have it switched.

Have you made the switch yet, and who is Frank Batelsen.  I just checked my fuel gauge problem today, I need a new sending unit.

I actually have made the switch, but I havent filled it with gas yet.

It does read a little higher after the switch than it did before. But the true test will be when its full of gas.

.......Stay tuned.

But gas is cheaper now Brian... :lol:  I will be trying one in a few weeks myself.

Charger-Bodie

Quote from: maxwellwedge on March 29, 2009, 06:30:36 PM
Quote from: 1hot68 on March 29, 2009, 06:17:32 PM
Quote from: 69chargerR/T on March 29, 2009, 01:25:10 PM
Quote from: 1hot68 on March 11, 2009, 04:26:17 PM
I ordered one of the new Frank Batelsen units today. I will report my findings when I have it switched.

Have you made the switch yet, and who is Frank Batelsen.  I just checked my fuel gauge problem today, I need a new sending unit.

I actually have made the switch, but I ha vent filled it with gas yet.

It does read a little higher after the switch than it did before. But the true test will be when its full of gas.

.......Stay tuned.

But gas is cheaper now Brian... :lol:  I will be trying one in a few weeks myself.

Yeah, I just don't want to fill it yet for a few , one is I don't want to check it for leaks in the storage building, and I don't know if it will ever be spring here in Iowa. If I fill it now it will probably be varnish by the time I get to drive it. That's how it seems anyway. :brickwall:
68 Charger R/t white with black v/t and red tailstripe. 440 4 speed ,black interior
68 383 auto with a/c and power windows. Now 440 4 speed jj1 gold black interior .
My Charger is a hybrid car, it burns gas and rubber............

maxwellwedge

Spring will be sprung .....one day - Maybe you wll go straight into summer.

Corellian Corvette

I just ordered the 3/8 sending unit from Roger Gibson. I'll install as soon as it comes in and let everyone know what happens.  :cheers:

mopar0166

what ohms the the stock sending unit run at, i can get my guage to pick up a reading, so im goin to go with and after market one.  any suggestions ?

69chargerR/T

Quote from: mopar0166 on March 31, 2009, 07:18:35 AM
what ohms the the stock sending unit run at, i can get my guage to pick up a reading, so im goin to go with and after market one.  any suggestions ?

10 to 75 ohms