News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

charger cody's 73 charger restoration (we have a motor!)

Started by charger_cody, March 14, 2009, 12:10:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

charger_cody

charger_cody

Welp finally got a good day, so we primered the door jams,under the hood, and in the trunk. That was 2 days ago. And i started at 4 pm and its now almost 10. I sanded the primer smooth again, now we are waiting for annother good day to shoot it. Pics tomorrow.

Cody

Silver R/T

http://www.cardomain.com/id/mitmaks

1968 silver/black/red striped R/T
My Charger is hybrid, it runs on gas and on tears of ricers
2001 Ram 2500 CTD
1993 Mazda MX-3 GS SE
1995 Ford Cobra SVT#2722

charger_cody

devilgear

WOW very nice...Keep up the good work..I too am biulding a 3rd gen..A 73 to be exact...Color looks nice and vivid...I like it.

DREDILSKI

Great job, I can't wait to see it when the engine goes in......keep the pics coming     :popcrn:
DRE - 73' Charger 360 SE

FLG

C_stripes

Quote from: FLG on April 25, 2009, 01:18:13 PM
Looks good but why didnt you remove everything?

:iagree:

I would think that it would have been easier to remove all the wiring than it was to mask it.
The color does look good though.
I'm smarter than I act, But I don't act smarter than I am.

charger_cody

Quote from: FLG on April 25, 2009, 01:18:13 PM
Looks good but why didnt you remove everything?

Well i didnt want to go through the trouble.  The paint could not have come out any better even if i did take off everything.

Im very satisfied.  :yesnod:

Cody

FLG

The problem is if you need to remove the booster for example your likely to mess up the paint around it because its all one connected layer. Just some words of wisdom. It would have been better to remove everything IMO.

Not tying to take away anything from your work, it looks great!

SeattleCharger

I am impressed with the masking job you did with the doors and and around door jams and along the running boards down near the carpet and seats.   looks good

Why would you want anything else?  Just give me a Charger and I'll be happy.

41husk

Looks great Cody! I love that color, sometimes I wish I had gone with petty blue on the Wanna bee :shruggy:
1969 Dodge Charger 500 440/727
1970 Challenger convertible 340/727
1970 Plymouth Duster FM3
1974 Dodge Dart /6/904
1983 Plymouth Scamp GT 2.2 Auto
1950 Dodge Pilot house pick up

charger_cody

Quote from: FLG on April 25, 2009, 04:25:14 PM
The problem is if you need to remove the booster for example your likely to mess up the paint around it because its all one connected layer. Just some words of wisdom. It would have been better to remove everything IMO.

Not tying to take away anything from your work, it looks great!

Ya i do suppose your right. But overall without taking everything off i think it came out very impressive.   :2thumbs:

Cody

Beer

Quote from: 41husk on April 25, 2009, 05:28:46 PM
Looks great Cody! I love that color, sometimes I wish I had gone with petty blue on the Wanna bee :shruggy:

Thats sounds like a great personalized plate!
W1A BEE

:cheers:
1973 Dodge Charger 402 Stroker Smallblock 414 HP/ 466 ft/lbs torque,  8 3/4" 3.91 Suregrip rear w/ DR. Diff disk brake conversion, CalTracs single leaf and Rear Suspension, VFN Bulge Hood, Running, needs interior completed, Had to give to Ex-Wife in divorce 2017...

charger_cody

Finally got the chance to start taking out the tail lights about a month ago when i ripped one to shreds. Bordin34 was too kind to give me a free one with the price of shipping.

In the process of painting the taillights black because I personally think they look better black.

jb666

Did someone say Petty Blue?? I thought of you today while taking these pictures...

:cheers: :cheers: AWESOME color!!!!

charger_cody

Quote from: jb666 on October 17, 2009, 04:42:04 PM
Did someone say Petty Blue?? I thought of you today while taking these pictures...

:cheers: :cheers: AWESOME color!!!!

OMG!!! I absolutely love this color.... I do not regret it at ALL!!!

Haha thanks jb Its coming along nicely. Kinda been at a stopping point though because of kickdown issues. But im working through it.

:cheers:

Cody

jb666

Good job, bud.. Keep pluggin' away, you'll make it!!!!  :cheers:

charger_cody

Quote from: jb666 on October 17, 2009, 04:50:45 PM

Ya. I also have figured out recently that i will be the one sanding and painting the outside. Just so when i roll into the highschool and someone says "wow thats a nice paintjob" i can say ya i know i did it myself.  :smilielol:   :coolgleamA:

Cody

jb666

Quote from: charger_cody on October 17, 2009, 04:53:52 PM

Ya. I also have figured out recently that i will be the one sanding and painting the outside. Just so when i roll into the highschool and someone says "wow thats a nice paintjob" i can say ya i know i did it myself.  :smilielol:   :coolgleamA:

Cody

Just stay focused and don't rush.. I did a couple of driveway jobs back in high school that I was pretty proud of.. These days between working 2 jobs and home I find that time to get projects like that done are impossible.. Not to mention my standards have become WAY higher than I can achieve  :lol:

charger_cody

Quote from: jb666 on October 17, 2009, 04:55:46 PM
Quote from: charger_cody on October 17, 2009, 04:53:52 PM

Cody

Just stay focused and don't rush.. I did a couple of driveway jobs back in high school that I was pretty proud of.. These days between working 2 jobs and home I find that time to get projects like that done are impossible.. Not to mention my standards have become WAY higher than I can achieve  :lol:

Ya dont get me wrong i would love to have someone else do it and it be wwwaaaaayyyy better than what i want, but my paint guy backed out on me.

Cody

dukeboy320

Massively Over Powerd And Respected

charger_cody

Ok so it has been awhile for an update do to money problems, but, I finally got alot of stuff done. Recently /i decided that my tailight painting job was not good enough for me. So I then ook the bumper back off and did it right this time.

Here are some other misc photos that I took when I got bored.

charger_cody

We have a motor now!!!!!

Before (after petty blue)

After

Brock Samson