News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

What shocks are you guys using?

Started by 1970Moparmann, March 17, 2009, 12:48:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

1970Moparmann

Did a search and nothing really showed up.

Wanted to get some opinions of shocks?  What are you running and what comments would you have?

Thanks! :popcrn:
My name is Mike and I'm a Moparholic!

The70RT

<br /><br />Uploaded with ImageShack.us

NYCMille

Charger-Bodie

68 Charger R/t white with black v/t and red tailstripe. 440 4 speed ,black interior
68 383 auto with a/c and power windows. Now 440 4 speed jj1 gold black interior .
My Charger is a hybrid car, it burns gas and rubber............

Just 6T9 CHGR

Monroe Classics painted black of course ;)

Had KYB's & didn't like them....
Chris' '69 Charger R/T

Foreman72

Quote from: NOT Just 6T9 CHGR on March 17, 2009, 03:32:01 PM

haven't heard good things about kybs...too stiff...monroe and edel are popular...also a company called QA1 i hear is pretty good...koni makes crazy ones also but mad $$
Eric "Foreman"

Previous: 1972 Dodge Charger
Current: 2002 Volvo S60

"The steps of a man are ordered by the LORD, and He delights in his way. Though he fall, he shall not be utterly cast down; For the LORD upholds him with His hand.
=Psalm 37:23-24=
"But store up for yourselves treasures in heaven..."
=Matthew 6:19-21=
:pat

Mike DC

You've pretty much heard the common breakdown right there.

Near stock = Monroe

a notch stiffer = KYB

big money & cutting edge valving = Edelbrock IAS

Nacho-RT74

Quote from: NOT Just 6T9 CHGR on March 17, 2009, 03:32:01 PM

first time I know somebody putting Monroes over KYBs  :o

I got GR2s, what are maybe less performance or stiffer than Gas-a-Shocks series though ( not Gas-A-Shock in front available to me )
Venezuelan RT 74 400 4bbl, 727, 8.75 3.23 open. Now stroked with 440 crank and 3.55 SG. Here is the History and how is actually: http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,7603.0/all.html
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,25060.0.html

maxwellwedge

NOS (I have a good stash) or original still on the cars.

1970Moparmann

How much are the Edelbrocks going for now a days?   May have to give them a try on my 68! :2thumbs:

Thanks for the comments! :cheers:

The70RT

Quote from: 1970Moparmann on March 17, 2009, 09:29:49 PM
How much are the Edelbrocks going for now a days?   May have to give them a try on my 68! :2thumbs:

About 75 bucks each.
<br /><br />Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Foreman72

Quote from: The70RT on March 18, 2009, 11:18:21 AM
Quote from: 1970Moparmann on March 17, 2009, 09:29:49 PM

About 75 bucks each.

yeah that sound cheap but then when u gotta get 4 of em and bam ur out 400 bucks...bummer...i'd like 2 get them but i think i'll have to settle with kybs...just not mad stiff ones...
Eric "Foreman"

"The steps of a man are ordered by the LORD, and He delights in his way. Though he fall, he shall not be utterly cast down; For the LORD upholds him with His hand.

Mike DC

These aren't the only shocks on the market though.  You might find something else more affordable in the middle.

I don't know what they're costing right now, but Bilstein has been making generally above-average shocks for decades. 

Konis are awesome too.  They're expensive but they may be less than the IAS's.  Give them a look. 

Foreman72

Quote from: Mike DC (formerly miked) on March 18, 2009, 04:19:16 PM

These aren't the only shocks on the market though.  You might find something else more affordable in the middle.

I don't know what they're costing right now, but Bilstein has been making generally above-average shocks for decades. 

Konis are awesome too.  They're expensive but they may be less than the IAS's.  Give them a look. 

Bilstein doesn't make shocks 4 mopar i thought
Eric "Foreman"

1970Moparmann

Quote from: Foreman72 on March 18, 2009, 09:08:00 PM
Quote from: Mike DC (formerly miked) on March 18, 2009, 04:19:16 PM

Bilstein doesn't make shocks 4 mopar i thought

My understanding is you have to give Bilstein the length of what you need, and they'll give you the ones you need.

I have these on my 3/4 ton truck and am impressed. 

I know I'll spend more than what I want, but I think I'll get the Eddie's and try them out! :2thumbs:  Thanks all for the comments!

Corellian Corvette

I have KYB on ALL my cars and I love them. LOVE THEM. Much firmer than the stock parts store brands so I like that. And cheaper than moving up to something like the Edelbrock. (which I have not tried, but I hear good things about them)

Musicman

KYB Shocks and XHD Springs... No complaints... Road hugging performance is much better than stock, especially on those back roads. Is it stiff???... Well it doesn't float like a 63 Cadillac, but it won't break your spine like an old flat bed farm truck either. Are there better shocks out there?... sure, of course there are... but for the money, the KYB's are more than acceptable.

Rubberduck

´68 Charger, 505 by CWE, 4-speed

71charger_fan

I replaced some old Mopar Performance with KYB all around and I'm very happy with them.

Foreman72

Quote from: 71charger_fan on March 19, 2009, 08:53:01 AM
I replaced some old Mopar Performance with KYB all around and I'm very happy with them.

which ones exactly...if u don;t mind my asking
Eric "Foreman"

Charger-Bodie

I had KYB's on my Charger before the Eddy's and honestly I didn't see a HUGE difference. They are less harsh but not a ton.
68 Charger R/t white with black v/t and red tailstripe. 440 4 speed ,black interior
68 383 auto with a/c and power windows. Now 440 4 speed jj1 gold black interior .
My Charger is a hybrid car, it burns gas and rubber............

71charger_fan

KYB KG4510 on the front, whichever model number is their equivalent on the rear. I can't seem to find my reciept and my car and I are on different continents at the moment.

G-man

custom valved 70/30 BILSTEINS. Cant get better. Race cars that want to stay on the track use Bilsteins, so go with that if you got the $.

Jesco

QA1  :2thumbs: "R" shocks in the front and the regular adjustable in the rear. Works good and I have found a killer tune for them on the race track! And for the way home it's just to crawl under and turn the adjust button.
1964 Dodge 330 Super Stock Clon
1969 Dodge Charger R/T

1970Moparmann

Sucks to be me- I don't know what I'm going to do now!   :brickwall: