News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Wheel Size Questions???

Started by wldside, March 19, 2009, 11:12:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

wldside

Hello,

I have a 69 charger and from what I understand, I need wheels that are a 4.5 bolt pattern.  As far as the Vector wheels go, how are people getting the GM sized wheels to fit a Dodge?  And how do you convert to a "Uni lug"?  I am not familiar at all as you can tell, and am curious what can be changed on the wheel or the car to make non dodge bolt patterns fit?

Is it possible to get a 4 3/4 or a 5" to fit with modifying?

Thanks for any help.....

mopar_nut_440_6

I would not run a unilug as they are IMHO unsafe!
1968 Charger R/T 440 
2004 Dodge Ram 2500 680 HP Cummins with attitude

Mass_Mopar

People generally DON'T put GM wheels on Mopars.  I've used unilug Cragar S/S's with no problems whatsoever over thousands of miles in my Charger before buying my 4.5" BP Centerlines.  You just need the special oblong washers.
-Nick

70 Charger 500 383/833 pistol grip 3.91sg
71 New Yorker 440/Auto
04 Ram 5.7L 4x4 5spd 3.92 Auburn Posi
Old screen name MA_Young_Gun

Lostsheep

You can buy adapters to make the 5 on 4 3/4's fit. Thats what I did on my car. My Vectors are the GN wheels with that bolt pattern. My adapter plates are about an 1" thick so the 7's look perfect. I have some 8.5's that I had unilugged that I still need to paint and put on. So my GN wheels are 100% unmolested.