News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

'68 Charger R/T #'s Matching Rebuild

Started by BLUE68RT4ME, March 20, 2009, 11:41:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BLUE68RT4ME

Just a quick buff and shine actually!   :smilielol:

Looks like the Vikings game worked, huh?   :icon_smile_big:
Mark Schultz
"BLUE68RT4ME"

SG1022

Quote from: BLUE68RT4ME on November 10, 2009, 01:31:38 PM
Just a quick buff and shine actually!   :smilielol:

Looks like the Vikings game worked, huh?   :icon_smile_big:

Yep  ;)

The car is turning out great, I will be following it closely

tan top

Feel free to post any relevant picture you think we all might like to see in the threads below!

Charger Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,86777.0.html
Chargers in the background where you least expect them 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,97261.0.html
C500 & Daytonas & Superbirds
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,95432.0.html
Interesting pictures & Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,109484.925.html
Old Dodge dealer photos wanted
 http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,120850.0.html

charger_cody

BLUE68RT4ME

Quote from: charger_cody on November 11, 2009, 10:42:11 AM
Any updates?

Cody

Not since this Sunday buddy, other than getting the rear bumper support on order.  The pics above were from this weekend.
Mark Schultz
"BLUE68RT4ME"

charger_cody

Quote from: BLUE68RT4ME on November 11, 2009, 01:12:24 PM
Quote from: charger_cody on November 11, 2009, 10:42:11 AM
Any updates?

Cody

Not since this Sunday buddy, other than getting the rear bumper support on order.  The pics above were from this weekend.

Cool deal.  :cheers:

Hemidog

BLUE68RT4ME

Yes, I know-I know... I'm looking for updates too!  :)  I talked to Aaron yesterday and he was and his wife were at the hospital.  His wife is 6 months along and she was having complications.  This will be their first child, and its not been easy.  He's one of my best friends and the last thing I'm worried about is my car right now.  That said, he said that before he left he told his boys to dive into it so there may be some progress underway.

I'm now working in South Carolina so I won't be back to see it until Christmas.  By then we might see some good progress.  He wanted to get paint on it in January so we'll keep our fingers crossed.  Until then my only reports will be words rather than pics.  I'll keep you posted but please keep him & his wife in your thoughts.  :2thumbs:
Mark Schultz
"BLUE68RT4ME"

gideup

I had to log into day and see how your car is moving along.  Looks like a lot has gone on since it left my garage.  I look forward to seeing some updated photos.  I know I will talk to you soon, Take care.  SKOL!

PocketThunder

:angel:  Keep that baby in good health...  :yesnod:
"Liberalism is a disease that attacks one's ability to understand logic. Extreme manifestations include the willingness to continue down a path of self destruction, based solely on a delusional belief in a failed ideology."

BLUE68RT4ME

Dylan Charles was born yesterday morning weighing in under 3 lbs.  He's going to spend a lot of time in the hospital so Aaron will be quite busy.  It seems everything is going pretty well, all things considered.  I'm going to be more concerned with his baby than mine so I may not have much for progress to post for a while.  Your thoughts are appreciated!   :2thumbs:
Mark Schultz
"BLUE68RT4ME"

BLUE68RT4ME

Well, Aaron's baby is doing quite well considering.  He's nearly up to 6 lbs. and should be arriving home within the next couple of weeks.

As for my baby, they have been making progress on it.  The frame rails are now completely repaired, the outer wheel houses are removed and the new ones are clamped in place until it's time for welding, the rocker panels are done, and the trunk floor is ready to be put into place.

Sorry I don't have any pics to post right now but I'll do what I can, when I can.  I'm 1600 miles from the car so hopefully Aaron can send some to me between now and Easter so I can share them with all of you.

Until later...   :2thumbs:
Mark Schultz
"BLUE68RT4ME"

BLUE68RT4ME

Here is the latest cell pic from Aaron.  I guess the other side was aligned and ready for welding but this side was still in process.  Everything is still just screwed together at this point but it's progress! ;)
Mark Schultz
"BLUE68RT4ME"

PocketThunder

Get going, Mopars in the Park is 11 weeks away!   :o
"Liberalism is a disease that attacks one's ability to understand logic. Extreme manifestations include the willingness to continue down a path of self destruction, based solely on a delusional belief in a failed ideology."

BLUE68RT4ME

Hello everyone!  It's time to dust off this thread and get back to it!  ;)  Wow, it's been nearly 7 months since my car has been touched but Aaron has finally started working on it again.

They finally got all the rear sheetmetal aligned and screwed together and have started welding the trunk floor in place.  I don't know how long that will take but it's certainly the last big hurdle before the filling process can begin.

My roommate has also torn my seats apart and is recovering them while he has some time off from work.  He should have them done in short time as he's really good at that.

I can't attach pictures from my phone but will try when I can at home!

Mark Schultz
"BLUE68RT4ME"

BLUE68RT4ME

Here's one quick one...
Mark Schultz
"BLUE68RT4ME"

BLUE68RT4ME

Trunk floor welding is nearly complete, as well as the extensions.  The rear bumper brace is complete as well...
Mark Schultz
"BLUE68RT4ME"

BLUE68RT4ME

Steady as she goes, I've gotten progress two out of the last three days!!  You won't hear me complain about that!   :2thumbs:  The outer wheel house on the drivers side is now in place, just a few tacks left for the quarter extension and then it's off to the other side which is in about the same condition as the previous photo above.  Their hope is to have quarters on by weeks end which, in my mind, is rather aggressive knowing how things can change in an instant but I'm not going to discourage him!  :icon_smile_big:

:popcrn:
Mark Schultz
"BLUE68RT4ME"

Bob T

Great thread, good to see the progress coming along  :2thumbs:
Yep, family stuff is important and everything else goes goes on the backburner like with your friends prem baby
Old Dog, Old Tricks.

ershealy

Ok Mark, I registered here just to get updates...You aren't finished yet?   ;)

BLUE68RT4ME

Ok-ok!  lol  I'm back home now.  Good to be back!  I am pushing to get this thing done pretty hard now.

I have a couple pics to post but all of them are from Aaron's phone.  I'll be going back to work on it myself in a week.  I'll get the pictures posted soon!  Be on the look out!   ;)
Mark Schultz
"BLUE68RT4ME"

PocketThunder

Quote from: BLUE68RT4ME on January 28, 2011, 01:24:09 PM
Ok-ok!  lol  I'm back home now.  Good to be back!  I am pushing to get this thing done pretty hard now.

I have a couple pics to post but all of them are from Aaron's phone.  I'll be going back to work on it myself in a week.  I'll get the pictures posted soon!  Be on the look out!   ;)

You got +\- 18 weeks till Mopars in the Park!   :smash:

GPULLER

Hopefully that fresh motor wont be stuck by the time the body is ready for it.  :eek2:  If you need somebody to keep it limbered up, I can put it in my car...only until yours is ready.

BLUE68RT4ME

Quote from: GPULLER on February 03, 2011, 04:30:49 PM
Hopefully that fresh motor wont be stuck by the time the body is ready for it.  :eek2:  If you need somebody to keep it limbered up, I can put it in my car...only until yours is ready.

I promise the motor is very safe but thank you for your thoughtfulness!  LOL.

;)

Hope you're staying warm somehow!  My car & truck are not liking this weather at all!
Mark Schultz
"BLUE68RT4ME"

GPULLER

My offer stands if you change your mind.

Its 18 degrees now, it's almost hot outside!  Have a little snowmobile trip planned Saturday, they says its going to be 32, better break out the t-shirts and shorts.