News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Master Cylinder Removal?

Started by 73ChargerSE, November 09, 2005, 04:06:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

73ChargerSE

I need to replace my master cylinder on my Coronet.  Is there any special way to get to the nuts that are on the firewall on the inside of the car?   Also, when I get it off, can I switch the studs around so if i have a problem with the master cylinder it will be easier to remove?

Charger_Fan

I have found it easiest to use a 3/8 ratchet with a long extension, a wobbly joint (u-joint) & a deep socket. One nut comes off fairly easy, the other one is harder to reach.

As far as mounting the studs the other way, I don't think that will work. The stud is pressed into the master cylinder...pressing it into the firewall probably wouldn't hold too well.

The Aquamax...yes, this bike spent 2 nights underwater one weekend. (Not my doing), but it gained the name, and has since become pseudo-famous. :)

73ChargerSE

Quote from: CHARGER_FAN on November 09, 2005, 05:49:47 PM
I have found it easiest to use a 3/8 ratchet with a long extension, a wobbly joint (u-joint) & a deep socket. One nut comes off fairly easy, the other one is harder to reach.

As far as mounting the studs the other way, I don't think that will work. The stud is pressed into the master cylinder...pressing it into the firewall probably wouldn't hold too well.

That's exactly what I used. ( I just got it off.)  I just want to make it easier if I need to do another master cylinder swap. I'm going power brakes soon, so i may not need it to hold for very long.