News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

about electric fuel pump relay

Started by 66monaco, March 27, 2009, 03:23:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

66monaco

how would you connect 5 point fuel pump relay? has 30, 15, 87, 31 and 31b terminals..car is 69 charger with holley blue fuel pump and msd 6al ignition... 30 is continue power, 15 comes from ignition switch on, 87 to fuel pump, but how about 31 and 31b....is 31 ground? and where would you connect 31b, I know its the one that needs some kinda trigger to know that engine is running...msd says that coil terminals should have only those wires that comes from 6al....and can i have this " pre pressure" working with 5 terminal relay, meaning that when you turn ignition "on" pump starts and :scratchchin: stops in few second and start again when you start the engine.....
M ore
O utstanding
P ower
A nd
R eliability

66monaco

I got it working as it should!! I bought a msd tach adapter and installed it! so heres how I connect the wires: 30 continue, 87 to the pump, 15 from ignition switch, 31 ground and 31B to the violet wire from tach adapter. other tach adapter wires: black is ground, white to msd 6al tach terminal, and red together to msd 6als red wire... now when I put ignition on, pump goes few seconds and stops and starts again when I start the engine! I know It nothing when you have carb, but I wanted it work the way it works in fuel injected mills  ;)
M ore
O utstanding
P ower
A nd
R eliability