News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Anybody gotten their car keyed before?

Started by 69bronzeT5, March 28, 2009, 01:37:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

69bronzeT5

Has anybody gotten their car keyed before? How did you get rid of the marks? I left my Duster at my grandparents house for a few weeks. Well these two kids I used to hang out with, they saw me working on the car and made some kind of smartass remark. I ignored it. Anyways, I went home and came back a few weeks later. I noticed something in the dark but I looked at it fully in the morning. It looks like somebody ran their keys down both sides of the car. :flame: From the middle of the door to the back bumper between the lower bodyline and the rocker panels on the doors and quarters. Both f*cking sides! :flame: The passenger side has one also on the upper part of the quarter. :flame: They seem pretty light though and they looked like they can be buffed out or something. The deepest one is on the driver's side quarter panel (right behind the wheelwell).  :flame: I don't know what I ever did to them (nothing at all!) but for some reason, they felt like they needed to come back and key the car. :flame: Back in December when I was there with my friends (for the Metallica concert), they threw paintballs at us. They're trouble makers, that's exactly why I stopped hanging around with them. So, any ideas how to remove light key marks on paint without repainting the car? I'd post some pictures but they are on my sister's camera. She is out for the night at a friends and has it with her. I'm going to Vancouver again tomorrow morning for a muscle car show and swap meet (hoping to score some parts) so I'll post pictures when I get back on Sunday night. :2thumbs:
Feature Editor for Mopar Connection Magazine
http://moparconnectionmagazine.com/

1969 Charger: T5 Copper 383 Automatic
1970 Challenger R/T: FC7 Plum Crazy 440 Automatic
1970 GTO: Black 400 Ram Air III 4-Speed
1971 Charger Super Bee: GY3 Citron Yella 440 4-Speed
1972 Charger: FE5 Red 360 Automatic
1973 Charger Rallye: FY1 Top Banana 440 Automatic
1973 Plymouth Road Runner: FE5 Red 440 Automatic
1973 Plymouth Duster: FC7 Plum Crazy 318 Automatic

Finn

1968 Dodge Charger 440, EFI, AirRide suspension
1970 Dodge Challenger RT/SE 383 magnum
1963 Plymouth Savoy 225 with a 3 on the tree.
2002 Dodge Ram 5.9L 360
2014 Dodge Dart 2.4L

69bronzeT5

As much as I'd love to beat the living shit out of them, it's just something I can't do. I don't get mad, I get even :D I was contemplating calling the local PD and getting them to make a note on their records about it (they've been in trouble from the cops before), but I don't have evidence proving they did it. Just my word against theirs basically. That and it would be too much of a hassle. My only option is to take it with a grain of salt and fix the car. Then after it's painted and I bring it back to my grandparents for shows and stuff, I'll just put a locking car cover on it.
Feature Editor for Mopar Connection Magazine
http://moparconnectionmagazine.com/

1969 Charger: T5 Copper 383 Automatic
1970 Challenger R/T: FC7 Plum Crazy 440 Automatic
1970 GTO: Black 400 Ram Air III 4-Speed
1971 Charger Super Bee: GY3 Citron Yella 440 4-Speed
1972 Charger: FE5 Red 360 Automatic
1973 Charger Rallye: FY1 Top Banana 440 Automatic
1973 Plymouth Road Runner: FE5 Red 440 Automatic
1973 Plymouth Duster: FC7 Plum Crazy 318 Automatic

Tilar

I'd still call and report it. Even if you can't prove it was them, Get it on record that you feel it was them and explain why.

Plus if they happen to see the cops over there investigating it, These boysl always have in the back of their mind that you will call the cops if something like this happens again. Since you can't prove it was them,  Reporting it to the police is more a matter of prevention later down the road than getting back at them now.

Now, on to fixing the car, If it is through the paint there is nothing to do but repaint it. If it is just a scratch and not through the paint, You can get some medium grit rubbing compound, buff it out and then hit it with some wax.
Dave  

God must love stupid people; He made so many.

terrible one

I wasn't necessarily suggesting violence, though of course anyone would immediately have the mind to beat the shit out of them. I'm just suggesting that you confront them. Preferably separately. In my experience these little badasses that run around together are the biggest pussies out there as individuals. Trust me man, I used to be the kid with the long hair, goofy clothes, only cared about music, always picked on and made fun of, etc. I've had my car(s) keyed, been jumped on for not reason, etc. When I got into high school, I got in my first real fight and realized it wasn't that bad. Then I wasn't scared to confront people. I'm not telling you this to make myself sound like some kind of hardass, but I've found that almost every single person that does some immature shit like that for no reason just because they don't like you, don't think you're cool, etc. has NOTHING to say when you knock on their door or see them in the hallway and tell them face to face what the business is. In my opinion, instead of being worried about "defending" your shit with locking car covers, etc. nip that shit in the bud. That will have more presence than a non-connecting police report, guaranteed. :Twocents:

Oh yeah, and I found a Duster for your registry. I'll have to get home to the camera charger though.

rav440

do any of your friends have a set of those digital camera binoculors things ? hunters use them to find out were the deer are , they set them up in a tree and work by motion .

leave your car there set the camera up and check it every now and then . if you catch them on film messing with your car take them to court . their parents will have to pay coz they are under age . score a new paint job .  :2thumbs:
1973 PLYMOUTH road runner GTX

FLG

That sucks!

Machine compound and wax bronzie

426HemiCharger

First if I were you I'd findout if the repairs cost $20.00 or more (federal requirement for vandalism charges) then file a police report. That would fix the crack in their smartasses!!!  :smilielol:
------------------------Cars I have now----------------------------
1969 Charger R/T
1998 Ford Econoline 150
2002 Hyundai Elantra GLS
-----------------------Cars I wish I had----------------------------
1969 Charger R/T 4-Speed or Hemi Clone
1970 Charger R/T Hemi Clone
1970  Dodge Polara IL State Police Car
---------------------------Future Posibilities------------------------
2010 or later Ford Fusion Hybrid (Replaces 2002 Hyundai)

WingCharger

Quote from: rav440 on March 28, 2009, 07:23:41 AM
do any of your friends have a set of those digital camera binoculors things ? hunters use them to find out were the deer are , they set them up in a tree and work by motion .

leave your car there set the camera up and check it every now and then . if you catch them on film messing with your car take them to court . their parents will have to pay coz they are under age . score a new paint job .  :2thumbs:
:iagree:

A buddy of mine uses those on deer trails. Whenever movement is detected, they take a picture. :yesnod:

That is BULLSHIT that they had to be scared to come up to you about any problem, so they keyed your freakin car?!? They must be jealous. :D

TUFCAT

Cody, I'm very sad to hear this buddy :'(

I know what I would've done (at your age)....but this is what YOU should do.

Listen to your Uncle TUFCAT on this one...

1. Treat this like you're an adult dealing with children. Go calmly and nicely explain what happened to the kids parents. This will earn you respect. Make sure you tell them you did not see them do it, don't know if they did it, and don't be accusatory. Tell the parents you only suspect this because you don't think its random.

2. Go to the police and file report. If it ever happens again, you'll have a previous incident on record.

3. If you see the kids, ignore them. If you show anger, they win.... it could be a lot more fun to get you all pissed off again.  If they get in your face (like Terrible one) suggested it's GAME ON! You'll need to defend your position and nip this shit in the bud (like he said).

4. If anything else happens, go back to the parents house. Show them the first report you filed. Tell them you're filing the second report and the police will INVESTIGATE THEIR CHILDREN...because nobody's "lucky" enough to have two random acts of vandalism on the same car.

5. Forget all of the above and just beat the living dogshit out of them.  :2thumbs:

jdiesel33

Freaking humans will find a way to mess up almost anything. What a bunch of losers.
1968 Dodge Charger R/T
PP1,Black Hat, Black Stripes

Charger-Bodie

Cody,

At your age ,other kids will be jealous of your cars.......They think by keying it it makes it less envyable.

When I was 16 a classmate of mine kicked in the drivers door of my Charger cause he was jealous that I bout a 70 Coronet for the driveline. Turned out he had his eye on that Coronet and was pissed that I got it instead of him.

I wish these A-holes had the balls to take it out on the person instead of the car that did nothing to them ,period.
68 Charger R/t white with black v/t and red tailstripe. 440 4 speed ,black interior
68 383 auto with a/c and power windows. Now 440 4 speed jj1 gold black interior .
My Charger is a hybrid car, it burns gas and rubber............

69grad

I'm sorry too hear about car ! I just got mine back from
paint&body shop. This IS crap! & floats in the back of my
mind every time I take her out of the garage! I think I would
call up ac/dc  :RantExplode: " DIRTY DEEDS DONE DIRT CHEEP "

This Is Truly  A HEART BREAKING STORY!

Daytona R/T SE

I think a well-placed act of extreme violence is in order.

Go trash something they like.

They scratched yours.

I'd back into theirs with my truck, slash all four tires, and piss on the driver's seat.

Allways remember-auto glass is expensive, and gives that satisfying "CRUNCH" when properly caressed with a tire iron.

Even if they DIDN'T mess with your car, it's always nice to send a little message

out to all the local fuck-heads.

You want to damage mine?

I'll DESTROY yours.

:fu: :flame:

This little dance is best performed at night during a severe thunderstorm. Nobody is outside, dogs are hiding under the couch, thunder drowns out the sounds of shattering glass and collapsing quarter panels, rain washes away footprints and other trace evidence.

And after the glass is removed, rainwater wreaks havoc with upholstery, carpet, and electronics.

TUFCAT

WOW!! (note to self)....don't mess with Daytona RT/SE!!  :o

Daytona R/T SE

Quote from: TUFCAT on March 28, 2009, 01:28:03 PM
WOW!! (note to self)....don't mess with Daytona RT/SE!!  :o

Actually you can mess with me pretty much all you want. ;)

My cars and property are a different story.... :flame:

squeakfinder

My sons Scamp was keyed in the highschool parking lot a couple years ago. His car was pretty unique compared to what everybody else was driving. Kids like this seriously need there ass kicked. It just shows how immature and stupid they are.

If there is still body color showing were the scratch is. Rubbing compound should buff it out. Then you'll need to wax it.
Still looking for 15x7 Appliance slotted mags.....

skip68

Daytona's mind set is something like mine.  "If you step on my toes, I'll cut yours off"  :2thumbs: ;)
skip68, A.K.A. Chuck \ 68 Charger 440 auto\ 67 Camaro RS (no 440)       FRANKS & BEANS !!!

mikesbbody

Beat the crap out of them  :yesnod: we are talking about your car here that is worth a ass kicking imo  :Twocents:

Mefirst

I'm not in any way a violent person BUT the Non Violence would NOT apply if I caught someone keying or doing something to my ride.. There would be some major asskicking, my defence would be -It was the darnest thing Ive ever seen Officer, he slipped and landed on his face!!!

I think there should be a universal law that if you catch someone doing something to your property you can hit them in the face with a shovel -TWICE!!!

I just hate these a$$ holes who think its OK to destroy other peoples stuff. If these people think its so much fun, destroy your own damn stuff, leave mine alone.

My :Twocents:

FLG

The only thing is if these asses know where you live and your family..they will always retaliate back and things will be worse. If you never had to see them again....id get all the friends i can and there cars would be upside down.

Rolling_Thunder

either of them have sisters ?       that's usually a good way of getting even   :yesnod:
1968 Dodge Charger - 6.1L Hemi / 6-speed / 3.55 Sure Grip

2013 Dodge Challenger R/T - 5.7L Hemi / 6-speed / 3.73 Limited Slip

1964 Dodge Polara 500 - 440 / 4-speed / 3.91 Sure Grip

1973 Dodge Challenger Rallye - 340 / A-518 / 3.23 Sure Grip

71ChallengeHer

Deer pee down the fresh air vents, if they own a car. :D  :2thumbs: No really , Cody try some rubbing compound.

Daytona R/T SE

Quote from: skip68 on March 28, 2009, 02:04:09 PM
Daytona's mind set is something like mine.  "If you step on my toes, I'll cut yours off"  :2thumbs: ;)

Skip, allow me to correct the slight error in your reply posted above... ;)

It should have read:

"If you step on my toes, I'll cut yours off above the knee, pack the festering stump with rock salt and hide the putrifying severed limb in the A/C ducts at your mom's house"  :2thumbs:

See? MUCH BETTER ! :2thumbs: