News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Upper Door Pads..Are 69 and 70 Different

Started by y3chargerrt, March 28, 2009, 10:24:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

y3chargerrt

Are the upper door pads different from 1969 and 1970? I always thought there was a grain and color difference between black ones.

UFO

Yes,grain is different and there is no black in '70 they call it charcoal.Put the two side by side and you can tell the difference.

A34

Quote from: UFO on March 28, 2009, 11:05:14 PM
Yes,grain is different and there is no black in '70 they call it charcoal.Put the two side by side and you can tell the difference.
:iagree:
Looking for NOS parts for 69 Charger - whatcha got?
God Bless America, Our Troops and Their Families !
Deo Vindice

y3chargerrt

I thought so. I emailed someone on Ebay about one he had listed as a 69/70. He said they were the same color and grain both years.I knew he was wrong but didn't bust his chops.

BROCK

There was a time when I too thought they were the same.  Maybe most won't
notice the difference when they are all cleaned up & not right next to each other.

I had to see for myself just what the difference is, so I took this pic of a unrestored
70 car with a 69 pad hanging below it for comparison.  Differences are subtle but real.

=============================================
Let your music be in transit to the world