News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

My Daytona clone...

Started by Daytona R/T SE, March 28, 2009, 08:12:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Daytona R/T SE

Just a picture of my Daytona clone project from yesterday.  (3/27/09)

The fitting and fabrication are done.

It goes to my friend's shop in a couple of weeks for hours and hours of body work, primer, blocking, sanding and a nice shiny coat of B-5 blue.  :coolgleamA:

Stay tuned  ;)

Just 6T9 CHGR

Sweet....is that a factory sunroof car?
Chris' '69 Charger R/T

FJ5WING

Nice!

man what I wouldnt give for that driveway let alone the garage. :'(

Dave
wingless now, but still around.

oldcarnut

Looking good  :2thumbs:.  I can't hardly wait to get mine even close to that stage.

A383Wing

Looks good...  :2thumbs:

Wish I had taken a bit more time on mine when we did it...we were under the gun to make the Aero Reunion in '99

mopar_nut_440_6

That looks really good. I can't wait to see it finished!
1968 Charger R/T 440 
2004 Dodge Ram 2500 680 HP Cummins with attitude

hotrod98

Looking good. Can't wait to see it in living color.  :drool5:
I've been working on my clone some as well. I've spent part of the last two days repairing the electrical gremlins alone. Slow...slow...slow.

Normal is an illusion. What is normal for the spider is chaos for the fly.
Charles Addams

Daytona R/T SE

Quote from: NOT Just 6T9 CHGR on March 28, 2009, 08:28:09 PM
Sweet....is that a factory sunroof car?

The sunroof is a transplant...From a 1970 Dodge Charger.   :2thumbs:

No ! I didn't cut up a '70 sunroof car !

But I bought the sunroof and a bunch of other parts from a guy that did.  :coolgleamA:

Daytona R/T SE

Quote from: FJ5WING on March 28, 2009, 09:23:39 PM
Nice!

man what I wouldnt give for that driveway let alone the garage. :'(

Dave

You should have seen how pretty that concrete was before I started parking my rusty old junkers on it and making all of those nasty rust stains.  ;)

Daytona R/T SE

A few more...

mauve66

those pics explain it , he has TWO garages.........................
Robert-Las Vegas, NV

NEEDS:
body work
paint - mauve and black
powder coat wheels - mauve and black
total wiring
PW
PDLKS
Tint
trim
engine - 520/540, eddy heads, 6pak
alignment

Daytona R/T SE

Quote from: mauve66 on March 28, 2009, 11:24:44 PM
those pics explain it , he has TWO garages.........................

SSHHHHHH!!!!  ;)

billssuperbird

moparstuart

GO SELL CRAZY SOMEWHERE ELSE WE ARE ALL STOCKED UP HERE

Daytona R/T SE

Thanks guys!  :2thumbs: :coolgleamA:

Here's a couple of pictures of what I started with way back in '95...

It's an F8 Green '69 R/T SE 440, auto on the floor, A/C, AM 8-track  :coolgleamA:

mauve66

you used a R/T car instead of a plain jane 318/383 car??? watch out for the r/t owners..............................
Robert-Las Vegas, NV

NEEDS:
body work
paint - mauve and black
total wiring
PW
PDLKS
Tint
trim
alignment

moparstuart

Quote from: mauve66 on March 29, 2009, 08:42:42 AM
you used a R/T car instead of a plain jane 318/383 car??? watch out for the r/t owners..............................
back in 95 a green car like that was a throw away     :smilielol: :smilielol: :smilielol: :smilielol: :smilielol: :smilielol: :smilielol: :smilielol:
GO SELL CRAZY SOMEWHERE ELSE WE ARE ALL STOCKED UP HERE

Daytona R/T SE

Yep ! an R/T SE !!! ;)

After all-that's what Creative Industries did...Take "Real" R/T's and make Daytonas out of them. :angel:

In my opinion it's the only way to make an accurate replica. ;) :D

There's an elite club on this site that has cloned their Daytonas from original R/T SE's... :2thumbs:

Not just anyone can join...you have to convert an XS29 Car with the A47 on the fender tag. :buff: :hack: :nana:

Daytona R/T SE

Quote from: moparstuart on March 29, 2009, 08:50:56 AM
back in 95 a green car like that was a throw away     :smilielol: :smilielol: :smilielol: :smilielol: :smilielol: :smilielol: :smilielol: :smilielol:

Ain't that the truth !

Back when I bought this car I paid $1500 for it. Pretty solid car, and it came with a bunch of parts. But back then $1500 was TOP DOLLAR for an F8 project car like this...

I was just going to fix the rust, do a color change to B5/white, drop in a 440 /727 out of an old Imperial I had and drive the damned thing...

Somewhere along the line things went sideways... :brickwall: :P :scratchchin: :faint: :cryin: :smash: :blush2:

mauve66

Quote from: Daytona R/T SE on March 29, 2009, 09:04:13 AM
I was just going to fix the rust, do a color change to B5/white, drop in a 440 /727 out of an old Imperial I had and drive the damned thing...

Somewhere along the line things went sideways... :brickwall: :P :scratchchin: :faint: :cryin: :smash: :blush2:

yeah i know what you mean, sometimes the simplest plans are what mess you up, going on 16 years now :brickwall: :brickwall: :brickwall:
Robert-Las Vegas, NV

NEEDS:
body work
paint - mauve and black
total wiring
PW
PDLKS
Tint
trim
alignment

Daytona R/T SE

Quote from: mauve66 on March 29, 2009, 09:07:12 AM
Quote from: Daytona R/T SE on March 29, 2009, 09:04:13 AM

yeah i know what you mean, sometimes the simplest plans are what mess you up, going on 16 years now :brickwall: :brickwall: :brickwall:

Hang in there !  :coolgleamA:

You'll get it !  :cheers:

BigBlockSam

nice lines . good to finally see it on it's feet ,  :2thumbs:
I won't be wronged, I wont be Insulted and I wont be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to others, and I require the same from them.

[IMG]http://i45.tinypic.com/347b5v5.jpg[/img

69charger2002

man that car is looking GREAT! can't wait to see it splattered with paint
trav
i live in CHARGERLAND.. visitors welcome. 166 total, 7 still around      

http://charger01foster.tripod.com/

1969chargerrtse

Wow, that is fantastic, how much more time do you think you'll have in it?  Done in a year, 5 years?  Awesome.
This car was sold many years ago to somebody in Wisconsin. I now am retired and living in Florida.

hotrod98

There's an elite club on this site that has cloned their Daytonas from original R/T SE's...  :2thumbs:

:icon_smile_big:

I just keep wonderingif I should have left the SE emblems on the sail panel. I thought that maybe it would look a little better with the Charger emblems, but now I'm not so sure. Would be a little difficult to change back now.

What did you decide regarding the sail panel emblems?

Normal is an illusion. What is normal for the spider is chaos for the fly.
Charles Addams