News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

3rd Gen. Gauge Cluster Removal

Started by SirNik73, November 10, 2005, 01:39:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SirNik73

I'm going to pull out may gauge cluster this weekend. when i pulled one out of a car a a wrecking yard a while back i cracked it. it was cracked to start with, but i'm worried about cracking it so i thought i'd see if on eof you guys could give me a setp by step "how to" on pulling the gauge cluster.

thanks.

Nik

PS hey, pics are always good. expecaly if ther are any screws that are odvously there. i realy don't wanna F*&k this up.
1973 Charger SE
1973 Charger Parts car
1968 Couger... got this one for free! and it looks like it was free :)
1983 Toyota Tercel 4x4 Daily Driver
1984 Mercedes-Benz 300SD

NHCharger

I've done a couple. Just remove all the screws on the front, disconnect the speedo cable and the wiring to the switches and gauges on the back side. The big thing is to remove the bolts holding your steering wheel and drop the steering wheel down. When you remove the cluster you want to roll the top forward then you can pull it out. If you don't drop the steering wheel, you won't be able the clear the steering column with the cluster. Hopefully Beer will chime in, I'm sure he will have some pics of his disassembly process.
72 Charger- Base Model
68 Charger-R/T Clone
69 Charger Daytona clone- current moneypit
79 Lil Red Express - future moneypit
88 Ramcharger 4x4-moneypit in waiting
2014 RAM 2500HD Diesel

Beer

Sorry I am on my Drillship in the lovely Gulf of Mexico until Thanksgiving, else I would run downstairs and get ya a photo of the back side of the cluster (mine is not a rally cluster).
1973 Dodge Charger 402 Stroker Smallblock 414 HP/ 466 ft/lbs torque,  8 3/4" 3.91 Suregrip rear w/ DR. Diff disk brake conversion, CalTracs single leaf and Rear Suspension, VFN Bulge Hood, Running, needs interior completed, Had to give to Ex-Wife in divorce 2017...

SirNik73

got it out. only took like an hour. nothing got broken. i'll post some pics of the removal of the dash along with some rebuild pics once i get the pics developed.... (yes thats right i'm still using a film camera!!!!!!!)
1973 Charger SE
1973 Charger Parts car
1968 Couger... got this one for free! and it looks like it was free :)
1983 Toyota Tercel 4x4 Daily Driver
1984 Mercedes-Benz 300SD