News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Headers, anyone ever try block huggers?

Started by toqwik, November 10, 2005, 02:49:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

toqwik

I was looking at block hugger headers on ebay, and noticed the ad said the work great on b and c body cars.  Anyone ever try them?

cudaken

Friend of mine had them on his 67 Yorker 440 and swore by them. Troy bought the 440 that was in the Yorker, I should have keept it, 440 that is.

They are better than the log type and will clear stuff with no problems. Had no leaks either and had 15,000 miles on them. Are they better than HP's, no clue. I was close to buying my self a pair, but after beating DFS68 about needing headers I bought headers for mine. Dam you Dave :icon_smile_big: I know you are lurking. ;)

For $150.00 worth a shoot if a C-body.

Cuda Ken
I am back

toqwik

Well mine is a b body 68 Charger.  not that expensive, and look alot easier to work with than headers for similar results.

cudaken

Iam sure they don't make as much HP as mornal headers, other wise we all be using them. If yours is going to be a mild engine I would use stock HP manafolids. If just wanting to up grade from 2 barrel exhaust manafolds then they would be better.

I can say how they fit in a B-body.

Cuda Ken
I am back