News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Interested in the "Christine" cars? Cool site --->

Started by Charger_Fan, November 10, 2005, 04:25:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Charger_Fan

http://www.plymouthcentral.com

Check out the Christine link...then at the bottom of page 2, there's a cool story about the boneyard where all the dead cars from the movie went.

Also, check out the production figures in the model info links...HUGE production figures for 57, not so huge for 58. ???

The Aquamax...yes, this bike spent 2 nights underwater one weekend. (Not my doing), but it gained the name, and has since become pseudo-famous. :)

PocketThunder

"Liberalism is a disease that attacks one's ability to understand logic. Extreme manifestations include the willingness to continue down a path of self destruction, based solely on a delusional belief in a failed ideology."

Charger_Fan

Quote from: PocketThunder on November 10, 2005, 11:56:53 PM
That was a cool read.   :icon_smile_cool:
I liked it too. :icon_smile_big:

Pretty interesting how they made the body panels for the smoosh scene.

The Aquamax...yes, this bike spent 2 nights underwater one weekend. (Not my doing), but it gained the name, and has since become pseudo-famous. :)

DC_1

i always liked that car......my grandfather had one sitting in his back yard when I was like 8.......and I am 38 now.....i remember jumpin off the tail fins into leaves in his back yard......

andy74

probably one of the few cars i would trade my charger for,always liked that high fin long ass 2 door look!

Dale The Bold

"Many diehard Plymouth enthusiasts loathe the idea of anyone restoring an authentic Fury to resemble Christine because of how scarce these true factory hot rods are."

It's a good thing us Charger guys don't have to worry about that.  Still, I'd save a '58 Belvedere and paint it up like Christine.
Matt. 14:8 (KJV) "And she, being before instructed of her mother, said, 'give me here John Baptist's head in a Charger.'"

Khyron

Before reading my posts please understand me by clicking
HERE, HERE, AND HERE.

04lbram

Yeah, you guys just have to worry about all the General Lee Clones.

JimShine

If you watch the full feature DVD, Carpenter mentions they experimented with rubber panels, but scrapped the idea as it didn't look right. What you see in the movie is actually a car being pulled in on its self with hydraulic rams and the film is reversed.

Charger_Fan

Quote from: JimShine on November 12, 2005, 07:44:15 PM
If you watch the full feature DVD, Carpenter mentions they experimented with rubber panels, but scrapped the idea as it didn't look right. What you see in the movie is actually a car being pulled in on its self with hydraulic rams and the film is reversed.
So you're saying that the rubber panel thing isn't really what they're showing in that scene? It's actually metal fenders being crumpled?

Chargen69

JimShine

Quote from: CHARGER_FAN on November 12, 2005, 11:17:59 PM
So you're saying that the rubber panel thing isn't really what they're showing in that scene? It's actually metal fenders being crumpled?

Yeah, atleast that is what Carpenter says in the commentary. You are seeing a car pulled in on itself using cables and rams played in reverse. It sounds like the original way they filmed it they only show the car heal small issues in a couple of scenes. They didn't like the look of that, so they shot the improved version after filming wrapped up.

Khyron

I said it before, and i'll say it again. That car is just dead sexy!

Before reading my posts please understand me by clicking
HERE, HERE, AND HERE.

Charger_Fan

:iagree: :drool5:

Quote from: JimShine on November 14, 2005, 12:11:37 AM
Quote from: CHARGER_FAN on November 12, 2005, 11:17:59 PM

Yeah, atleast that is what Carpenter says in the commentary. You are seeing a car pulled in on itself using cables and rams played in reverse. It sounds like the original way they filmed it they only show the car heal small issues in a couple of scenes. They didn't like the look of that, so they shot the improved version after filming wrapped up.
Interesting stuff.
Sounds like I need to get the DVD...I'm obviously missing out with my VHS. :icon_smile_big:

Headrope

Ack! Christine is haunting me.
I know where there is a an extremely cloneable Christine car with a 392.
Sixty-eights look great and the '69 is fine.
But before the General Lee there was me - Headrope.

Charger_Fan

Go get it!! Whatcha waitin' for Man!! You only live twice!!
(or was that once?)

Ok, so at least get some pics. :icon_smile_big:

Headrope

I've been thinking about it. Problem is I already have a project in my '66 Charger and not enough room - or money - to tackle them both.
It's tough. Besides the novelty of owning it, the car wouldn't need all that much. The glass, chrome and other oddities are all there. It's one of those half-way cars: enough needs to be done for it to not be affordable, but not so much that it wouldn't be worth it.
It helps that the car isn't going anywhere. I know the guy that owns it.
Sixty-eights look great and the '69 is fine.
But before the General Lee there was me - Headrope.

BLACKWOLF

GO TO WWW.BETTYATTIC.COM AND GET A 1/18 SCALE DIE-CAST OF HER WITH BLACKENED WINDOWS AND WORKING HEADLIGHTS. THEY ARE BAD ASS,  I GOT ONE. WWW.WHATONEARTH.COM HAS THEM TOO!
LINNY SMITH 73' CHARGER OWNER HPAC MEMBER NATIONAL STREET MACHINE CLUB LIFE MEMBER
I'M ON FACEBOOK

Charger_Fan

SWEET!! 
This one's definitely going on my wish list. :yesnod: