News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Aluminum Radiators

Started by Yeahmate, April 07, 2009, 06:10:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

runningman

I got one of them, my car is still torn apart so I can't speak to the performance yet but it fits okay.  I will post a pic soon..

69ChargersRule

This is the same one i bought for my charger.Looks good and works great.Excellent for the money.Here is a photo of mine installed. :2thumbs:

bill440rt

I've got a Griffin waiting to go in my '69. Fits like an original, no cutting or modifications. It is based on the original 26" design. Stock shroud bolts up to it as well, just had to drill the holes & install clips.
"Strive for perfection in everything. Take the best that exists and make it better. If it doesn't exist, create it. Accept nothing nearly right or good enough." Sir Henry Rolls Royce

69ChargersRule

I tried for almost a month to find a 26 inch.The one i found the outlets were on the wrong sides or they were very high dollar.One of them i found at the time was a little short of a $1000 and there was no way.If there was a link or website for the 26 inch you got you might give it out.Alot of guys could use it. :cheers:

Jesco

Looks like the one I have installed in my charger 69. Works awesome. Some very minor modifications only.

Look at this link to, must be the same radiator...

http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,37605.0.html
1964 Dodge 330 Super Stock Clon
1969 Dodge Charger R/T

FJ571440B

What about the ones' for $159 and $189,they are the same but 2 core aluminum? Would be OK for stock or a bump up from stock I would imagine.  :shruggy:
Next time....

PocketThunder

Quote from: bill440rt on April 21, 2009, 10:25:45 PM
I've got a Griffin waiting to go in my '69. Fits like an original, no cutting or modifications. It is based on the original 26" design. Stock shroud bolts up to it as well, just had to drill the holes & install clips.

Does it look just like this?  This belongs to a member here but i cant remember who at the moment.  I e-mailed Griffin for a quote on this radiator and it came in just north of $1000.

Paul

Edit: Found him, its aone415's car.  http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,35207.msg562995.html#msg562995
"Liberalism is a disease that attacks one's ability to understand logic. Extreme manifestations include the willingness to continue down a path of self destruction, based solely on a delusional belief in a failed ideology."

chargerman67

I just purchased that one. Got the twin fans too. Cost $239.00.  Haven't even installed it but I'll get back to you as soon as I do.  :D
67 Dodge Charger 440
87 Toyota Supra 2.5L twin turbo (JDM)
95 Impala SS
97 BMW 528i

2Gunz

I bought one from ebay that is the same one or very close.

Some minor mods to get it to fit.

Works awesome. And for the money its a steal.

1970Moparmann

Quote from: 2Gunz on June 03, 2009, 02:42:44 AM

I bought one from ebay that is the same one or very close.

Some minor mods to get it to fit.

Works awesome. And for the money its a steal.

Does it take much to get a fan shroud to fit?
My name is Mike and I'm a Moparholic!

2Gunz

It doesnt have the brackets at all for it.

I bought some L-shaped stock steel and welded it to it.

Pretty easy really.

Hemidog

Quote from: 2Gunz on June 06, 2009, 04:11:18 PM

Pretty easy really.
so the spot on the radiator you welded the brackets to was not aluminium?

Musicman

Seems to be a good product :scratchchin:
If nothing else, the guarantee looks good :2thumbs:

We will  refund (or exchange after 60 days) 100% of your money (Including All Shipping Costs) If:

·        Your radiator does not fit

·        Your radiator does not cool your engine

·        Your radiator leaks

·        Contains manufacture's defects

·        Or for some reason you just do not like it

You can purchase from us without worry because our guarantee gives you unconditional protection.

chargerman67

I actually just popped it in today. Looks like it works great. Installed very easily and without any problems. And Like Musicman summed up, the warranty alone makes it worth it.  :yesnod:
67 Dodge Charger 440
87 Toyota Supra 2.5L twin turbo (JDM)
95 Impala SS
97 BMW 528i

2Gunz

Quote from: Hemidog on June 08, 2009, 03:45:45 PM
Quote from: 2Gunz on June 06, 2009, 04:11:18 PM

Pretty easy really.
so the spot on the radiator you welded the brackets to was not aluminium?

My mistake. The brackets where aluminium.

bill440rt

Quote from: PocketThunder on May 13, 2009, 12:09:16 PM
Quote from: bill440rt on April 21, 2009, 10:25:45 PM

Does it look just like this?  This belongs to a member here but i cant remember who at the moment.  I e-mailed Griffin for a quote on this radiator and it came in just north of $1000.

Paul

Edit: Found him, its aone415's car.  http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,35207.msg562995.html#msg562995

Yes, Paul. That's it.
I sure don't remember paying that much for my radiator!!  :o
It bolted up just like stock. However, I opened up my rad support to 26" to get full air flow. Mine also came with the built-in tranny cooler. Yep, lines bolt up in the stock locations.
"Strive for perfection in everything. Take the best that exists and make it better. If it doesn't exist, create it. Accept nothing nearly right or good enough." Sir Henry Rolls Royce

1970Moparmann

The Ebay seller is just coming out with a 4 core radiator with an aluminum shroud that goes with it.  He's sending me a picture in about a week.  I'll post the picture when I get it.  Should be a good option....
My name is Mike and I'm a Moparholic!

PocketThunder

Quote from: 1970Moparmann on June 24, 2009, 09:03:03 PM
The Ebay seller is just coming out with a 4 core radiator with an aluminum shroud that goes with it.  He's sending me a picture in about a week.  I'll post the picture when I get it.  Should be a good option....

:popcrn:
"Liberalism is a disease that attacks one's ability to understand logic. Extreme manifestations include the willingness to continue down a path of self destruction, based solely on a delusional belief in a failed ideology."

TylerCharger69

i bought a Jeg's replacement radiator for about 250 bucks. Aluminum of course.  Best radiator i';ve ever owned personally.  It is a two core, but the cores are really, really wide.  I actually had to put a choke on the thermostat housing to actually get the car up to temperature.  And....the trans lines need replumbing as they are on the side and not the bottom, and the top hose originally wasn't long enough....but great cooling efficiency

autodynamics

the one i have is fro ron davis radiators in az. these are real radiators. i cant speak on behalf of the others but there is a reason why some are $1000.00 and some are $250.00 i paid 1100.00 for mine with a catch can radiator and two spal fans i'll see if i can dig up a picture...