News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

my friend did it blown pistons rebored engine but didnt change crank or cam

Started by sext7366, November 11, 2005, 12:52:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

sext7366

Ok heard this from a chevy guy so who knows and maybe he just got lucky, but he had a similar problem to mine and took the engine apart had the block checked the engine bored put in new pistons but used the old cam and crank as his engine like mine only had about 20000k on a rebuild.  I forgot to ask him if he replaced the bearings etc or what, but he said he reused the crank and cam and the engine is still running strong with about 60000 on the new pistons or 80k total after initial rebuild.  Just curious if this was possible, or smart, as I would think he may have just gotten lucky. 

Chryco Psycho

if the crank & cam & even the bearings are not damaged it is easy to do this

cudaken

Yep, do it all the time. Only time you need to replace's the crank is if it broken aor can not be turned down due to getting into the none harden metal.

On your engine and more than likely his, the crank was just needs to be polished.

Ram should be fine as well as long as the lop's or cam journals where not hurt my the bad piston. Be shocked if it was as well.

If bearings look good, then you could re us them, but more than likely they will need to be replaced.

Cuda Ken                         
I am back