News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Custom Gas Pedal

Started by Blown70, November 11, 2005, 01:04:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Blown70

Ok, so the stock one is long gone along with where the motor will sit I will have to fab a new pedal....Idea,

NO, I do not want a big foot one.... :rotz:

I some what saw a nice look on the SEMA '68 but could not see it well in the pic.

ANYONE?

Also, not sure if this is an interior question, or a motro question? 

Spartan

You can get a repop gas pedal from any of the restoration parts places like Y1, Paddock, Layson's etc. Should be a drop in to the original
Over?! its not over until we say it is! Was it over when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor?!...Hell no! and its not over now!..(Germans? Pearl Harbor?...shut up, he's on a roll)

Blown70

Quote from: Spartan on November 11, 2005, 06:52:31 AM
You can get a repop gas pedal from any of the restoration parts places like Y1, Paddock, Layson's etc. Should be a drop in to the original

Won't fit,,, thus the word Custom in the title..... I would have to cut the brake to work.

Troy

I have (had) a good link for some street rod parts suppliers. You can order "pedal sets" in nearly any configuration so that might be a plan. Also, there was a great link on the old site for stock car fabrication parts and they had a bunch of different pedal combinations but might be too plain for a street car. I'm at work so I don't have access to my bookmarks though.

Troy
Sarcasm detector, that's a real good invention.

Blown70

Quote from: Troy on November 11, 2005, 02:00:22 PM
I have (had) a good link for some street rod parts suppliers. You can order "pedal sets" in nearly any configuration so that might be a plan. Also, there was a great link on the old site for stock car fabrication parts and they had a bunch of different pedal combinations but might be too plain for a street car. I'm at work so I don't have access to my bookmarks though.

Troy

IF you could that would be great.... I have googled and check some of the suppliers I use but nothing that strikes my fancy.

Thanks Troy.

Tom

Troy

NorwayCharger

Quote from: Blown70 on November 11, 2005, 01:04:03 AM
Ok, so the stock one is long gone along with where the motor will sit I will have to fab a new pedal....Idea,

NO, I do not want a big foot one.... :rotz:

I some what saw a nice look on the SEMA '68 but could not see it well in the pic.

ANYONE?

Also, not sure if this is an interior question, or a motro question?  

I used this setup from lokar, you must do some fabrication.
AKA the drummer boy
http://www.pink-division.com

Ghoste

I have the Lokar throttle cable in my car.  Along with their pedal, it must allow for a great deal of flexibility of installation?  All of those street rod guys fab stuff up like this all the time, maybe you should check some of their suppliers for inspiration.

THE CHARGER PUNK

Troy

Quote from: F8 69 CHARGER PUNK on November 18, 2005, 03:10:40 PM
eleanor mustang style pedals meng-MATT(like this)

http://www.mustangdepot.com/OnLineCatalog/Interior/pedal_covers.htm
Those are pedal covers - not the entire pedal. You'd need an existing pedal to put them on (which is the current problem being discussed).

Troy

THE CHARGER PUNK

ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh-MATT

Mopar Crazy

Is it possible to make an E Body gas pedal work in the 68 Charger?????
Do it Once and Do it Right !!!

Blown70

Quote from: Mopar Crazy on November 28, 2005, 08:51:48 PM
Is it possible to make an E Body gas pedal work in the 68 Charger?????

I dunno,  I think I found my answer,   I also need to note the pedal will have to be moved over 2 inches...

I swear I will have to make everything for this car.

Tom

Mopar Crazy

Tom,  2 Challengers and a Charger, I know what you mean... BUT once it's done, you turn the key and listen to it come alive,
then watch people admire it, It's Well Worth It..........
Do it Once and Do it Right !!!

Blown70

Quote from: Mopar Crazy on November 29, 2005, 11:53:22 AM

Tom,   2 Challengers and a Charger, I know what you mean... BUT once it's done, you turn the key and listen to it come alive,
then watch people admire it, It's Well Worth It..........

Yes you see I am used to stock stuff from my 69.  This is what I am working with...