News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

"Shocked" ! Need input!

Started by chargers_r_us, April 11, 2009, 06:53:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

chargers_r_us

:-\ I posted a question about my Billstein shocks, but got no rersponse, so I thought I would try this! I am building the front end of my 73 SE. I got a lot of help on here with the torsion bar dilemma. I was sent the wrong size bars which, ends up, is a problem that other DC.Com members ran into also! I finally got the 43 1/2 long bars ordered from Firm Feel with 1 1/8 diameter. I read some threads about shocks on here, and it seems like lots of different opinions on that issue! I decided on the Billsteins for the front since I am having problems with the headers bottoming out, and I want to stop that as best as possible. The salesman at Firm Feel called me up and told me that I will need to make the hole in the LCA larger to fit the Billsteins in there. I was wondering if any of you all have used Billsteins in the front and if the install worked out good , and if you had to "customize" your LCA's.

FLG

What size torsion bars are you running?

Granted some shocks are stiffer then others, but they are only meant to keep the tires on the road...not hold up the car.

chargers_r_us

Thanks for that response! I understand what you are saying! That is why I got the new torsion bars ( 43.6 x 1 1/8) , but new torsion bars without good shocks and front end parts would be a bit of a waste of time, money and effort! I expect the new torsion bars to help keep the headers off the ground, but I want GOOD SHOCKS to complete the package! Dick , at Firm Feel was quite confident on the Billsteins being my best option. I will just need to widen the opening on the LCA's to install them, and I was wondering if any fellow DC.Com Members ran into the same thing, and how well the Billsteins perform for them!